Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I going to gain it all back?

One thing I guess I'm sort of glad for- I dump like CRAZY from sweets. Today at work I ate 3/4 of a chocolate chip muffin- man I just couldn't stop once I started!! I almost NEVER eat sweets and of course I dumped so bad. Had to sit in the bathroom for 30 minutes ugh. I really can't tolerate high sugar/fat foods. It was sooooo not worth it. Sigh when will I learn??

I was freaking out about my fat intake but I did some research and actually it looks like it's spot on at an average of 35% of my diet. I don't eat many bad fats, all good fats so I don't think I need to worry about it. That was a relief.

I'm still going to try and get my Protein up however but I think I'm doing pretty good!

Edited by bellabloom

Gaining it all back? As long as my band continues to perform as it has for the last 5 years, I do not see how that would even be possible.

Gaining it all back? As long as my band continues to perform as it has for the last 5 years, I do not see how that would even be possible.

Oh it would be very easy. It's all in what you are choosing to eat. Very possible; you are what you eat!

All kinds of sliders would do the trick!

One thing I guess I'm sort of glass for- I dump like CRAZY from sweets. Today at work I ate 3/4 of a chocolate chip muffin- man I just couldn't stop once I started!! I almost NEVER eat sweets and of course I dumped so bad. Had to sit in the bathroom for 30 minutes ugh. I really can't tolerate high sugar/fat foods. It was sooooo not worth it. Sigh when will I learn??

I was freaking out about my fat intake but I did some research and actually it looks like it's spot on at an average of 35% of my diet. I don't eat many bad fats, all good fats so I don't think I need to worry about it. That was a relief.

I'm still going to try and get my Protein up however but I think I'm doing pretty good!

Bella, I have read a lot of your posts and know you struggle with the emotional aspects of all of this. I think most of us do as well and can understand where you are coming from or we would not have needed WLS. That being said, THIS post right here leads me to believe that you will not gain it all back. Some people find dumping an advantage because it deters them from foods that make them dump. Seems like it did the trick for you and maybe next time you will opt to skip the temptation.

IMHO sugar is a way worse enemy than fats. If you can keep them at bay, and it seems like you will have to, you should be fine.

@bellabloom I'm in the same boat as you. Longest I maintained was 3 years. Lots of anxiety and depression around this... know you're not alone here.

These two suggestions are good.

The therapist I go to does something called a "Private Pay" where you negotiate the fee with them. I did this for several years because she wasn't certified with my insurance... it ended up being less than half what they bill my insurance. You may also find a clinic that has a certain number of compassionate care spaces available too. A good therapy clinic will work with you because they don't want to see anyone struggle.

Also, it is a bummer that you don't have insurance to cover a therapist. I would suggest that you continue to pursue this option. Some therapists do have sliding scales which might be something you could explore.

Also, many support groups are free. Whether it is a bariatric support group that specifically addresses weight loss surgery patients or eating disorders, I have found them very beneficial,

Dumping = ????

My surgery center has a free support group every month. Is that a possibility? I would say to keep tracking your food and exercise. Do you have an accountability partner? My husband and I keep each other honest and motivated to eat right and work out. I've also gotten my office involved in eating healthy and working out. We do weekly/monthly challenges.