Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally! Plastics time! Tell me everything!

I'm ready..........where it seems doing multiple areas on the body for lifts tightening displacement of fat to other areas is done on the same day!! Do you think that full shebang would be done in the states? Is it mandatory you bring someone with you or can you go solo. Is this all cash or does insurance play a part if they would pay a portion. How did you find your Dr? Word of mouth? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks

How many areas they will do at once just depends on how long you'd have to be under anesthesia and how much blood loss you might have. No surgeon in the US or abroad wants to keep you under anesthesia for more than like 6-7 hours or risk you needin a transfusion.

If you go to Mexico, you aren't required to bring anyone with you and I would actually advise against doing so, because they will be bored out of their minds and you need to focus on your recovery, not worry about keeping someone entertained. If you have surgery in the US, you will need someone to drive you, as you won't be able to drive on your pain meds.

There are some insurance companies that may pay part, though it's rare. You need to call your insurance company and find out if they will pay and what their requirements are. You may need to have a documented history of rashes or chafing from the loose skin, so you would want your PCP to start documenting that ASAP.

I'm ready..........where it seems doing multiple areas on the body for lifts tightening displacement of fat to other areas is done on the same day!! Do you think that full shebang would be done in the states? Is it mandatory you bring someone with you or can you go solo. Is this all cash or does insurance play a part if they would pay a portion. How did you find your Dr? Word of mouth? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks

They won't do as many surgeries at once in the states because they use general anesthesia and that limits the time to about 7 hours. I had a LBL, BA/BL, and AL in one surgery in Mexico under twilight anesthesia. My surgery took about 9-10 hours. I've heard of others going as long as 12 hours. I felt amazing when I woke up, in fact I worked for a few hours on the computer (the nurse lifted it for me).

I went solo and was thankful that I did because I was able to rest and relax without worrying about someone else.

I found Dr. Sauceda through some on here that had posted about her experience. I then went and read just about every post on his discussion board on ObesityHelp. After I had a confirmed date, I joined his private Facebook group and read everything there. I found two others that were going at the same time and connected with them before I got there.

@@VSGAnn2014 She's done everything! She's been in practice for 23 years. Her names is Dr. Carla Garrison in Springfield Mo. Of courses she's a board certified plastic surgeon.

I looked at some patient pictures posted. The surgeon was mentioned here. Located in Mexico. I was taken aback because of the obvious scars on the surface of the breasts as well as underneath from augmentation. That is a red flag for me. I wouldn't expect that type of scaring now. Maybe 20 years ago

I looked at some patient pictures posted. The surgeon was mentioned here. Located in Mexico. I was taken aback because of the obvious scars on the surface of the breasts as well as underneath from augmentation. That is a red flag for me. I wouldn't expect that type of scaring now. Maybe 20 years ago

Not sure which surgeon's photos you looked at, but one thing you need to know about Mexican surgeons especially is that the "after" photos are usually taken VERY soon after the procedure. It takes a good two years for surgical scars to fade. What you are looking for when reviewing photos of scars is whether they are thin, flat, straight, and symetrical, not how dark or visible they are. The dark and visible part fades with time. If they are zig-zaggy, or wide, or asymetrical, those things do not improve with time.

Scarring varies based on genetics and how thin the skin is. In many cases, those who have been obese or morbidly obese for a long time have very thin and fragile skin. It's much more difficult to get a beautiful thin scar in those cases. My BL/BA scars are barely noticeable 1.5 years out. My front LBL is a very narrow white line below my bikini line. My arm lift scars are a bit wider but fading. My back LBL had some hypertrophic scarring and is a lot more noticeable. Not anything the doctor could have done differently. I have read research reports that taping can prevent hypertrophic scarring, but I'm allergic to almost all adhesives, so not a great option for me. I may get a scar revision on my back done some day but it doesn't bother me enough to do it right now.

Moved my date up two days to April 4th! Perfect as it works better with my husbands schedule so I can have an extra day of his help!

The scars I saw looked like augmentation from decades ago when women had silicone implants. Very long scars vertically along the aureolas. As well as underneath the breasts. I thought most scarring was now under the arm pits. Granted I won't need augmentation rather a lift. Just gave me pause. Thanks for the input

The scars I saw looked like augmentation from decades ago when women had silicone implants. Very long scars vertically along the aureolas. As well as underneath the breasts. I thought most scarring was now under the arm pits. Granted I won't need augmentation rather a lift. Just gave me pause. Thanks for the input

There are four main types of incisions for breast lifts and it will depend on the amount of tissue that you are having removed and how much lifting needs done. You can google for more info and pics. Crescent lift (incision along top of nipple; minimal lift needed), Benelli lift (donut or circle cut at the border of the areola; repositioning just the nipple higher and some tissue removal), lollipop lift (Benelli plus vertical incision down the front; works well for low hanging breasts), and anchor lift (lollipop plus incision under the breast; needed for women with large distance between the nipple and the mammary fold).

I had a lollipop lift plus augmentation. You can't see the scar around the areola at all and the vertical scar is very faded.

For just breast augmentation they can go through the armpits or the nipple. It depends on the Doctor and to some extent what type of implants you're getting.

post-169315-14570985071911_thumb.jpg

If there is a lift involved, there will be additional scarring. For just implants themselves, the scarring is VERY minimal. But there are various types of lifts than will leave differently shaped scars. An "donut" lift will leave scarring all the way around the edges of the nipple. A "lollipop" lift will leave scarring around the nipple and then straight down the front of the breast from the bottom of the nipple to the fold. An "anchor" lift is like the lollipop lift, but there is also a horizontal scar along the breast fold... this can sometimes be extended into the arm pit depending on how extensive it is.

Doh! Poster above me already said this exact same stuff!

Well ok lol I'm now educated. Thank you!

Just an FYI, I had a reduction and lift done two years ago, you can barely see the scars....just had my abdominoplasty done 4 weeks ago and I think the scar line will be noticeable for a couple of years but SO much better than the hunk of flab....I have had a bit of a setback with a bout of seroma but it does seem to be getting better.

Hey, I just had an idea....maybe I'll get a beautiful flower 'lei' tattoo around my TT scar.....it's a thought!!!!

^^^ Spoken like a true Hawaii girl. :)

Yep, and the more I think about it, the more I like it! Going back to the islands for 2 months this fall and was already going to get my first tattoo (at age 63!) on my upper back, but this is going to get some serious consideration! Aloha and stay tuned!

Change of plans! I've decided I will go for a TT and lift. I don't want big saggy boobs! Could end up with "snoopy boobs" or "ball in sock" . Neither are cute. I'm going to stage it and do the TT and lift. Then go back in 6 months for a decent implant. 750 is just too big and causes too many issues.