Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally! Plastics time! Tell me everything!

@@KristenVSG2014 I am excited for you. I know how emotional it can be to make the decision to have plastics. It is a lot of money and feels selfish, but this is the body you are spending the rest of your life in. You have to live with it and feel comfortable in it every second of every day. It is worth the investment.

@@Rdsegobia Feel free to PM me if you have questions.

Thanks for the good detailed post Kristenvsg2014 I have had two plastics after my vsg in 2011 The first was a breast lift in 2013, best thing I could have done...imagining me now with those mismatched deflated balloons would mess with my head a lot more than enjoying my size B breasts which I have to say I LOVE. Clothes fit great and I have cleavage...I too was told to get implants and then one surgeon said, ah, we have enough material to work with here..." I loved that. I just had an abdominoplasty done a week ago and even though it looks like I got hit by a train, I can see I am going to feel so much better without all that wrinkly skin...it wasn't painful, but it will take a few months to get rid of the bruising and fresh scars and then of course we have to live with the scar the rest of our life. Still, having a hanging tummy made me so self conscious. Are you selfish? I don't think so; you are remodeling your body into one that works for YOU; just like you would a house. Unless you are taking food out of your babies mouth or not living up to your other responsibilities, finish what you started. I don't know how old you are, but I'm 62...I suspect you're a lot younger and you will be able to enjoy the results for many many years...I say rock on!!!!

I had my consultation with the plastic surgeon today. The first thing Dr. Weiss said after I told him I've lost 130 lbs. is, "Well you look great!" And I laughed and said, "Well yeah, with my clothes on!" He asked what my biggest concerns were and I told him stomach, boobs and side boobs (that bit that spills over the top sides of my bra).

After I got undressed he was impressed with the amount of excess skin I had. It was funny sitting there and him gathering and poking to see how much is skin. The good news is he said I can get away with an extended Tummy Tuck, I won't need a body lift (whew!). He said he should be able to remove nearly all of the loose skin, including my stretch marks on my stomach. He showed me where he would cut and I could not believe how high up he would be able to go. He said I should end up with a nearly flat stomach and he and his assistant said I have a very nice body shape/build because I'm a natural hourglass and under my loose skin is a small waist so I will avoid looking boxy like most tummy tuck patients.

He said there is quite a bit of loose skin in the breasts and showed me where the nipple should go. Again, I was surprised. We are talking about six inches or so. He also said I really REALLY need implants because I have zero upper breast. I'm basically pectoral muscles and then breasts below that. He wants to remove all the loose skin, some of my existing breast tissue and then put implants at the top where I'm completely lacking anything. Without them I can get a lift but will end up with the man boob look I'm dreading so much. Right now I'm a 36DDD and I told him I'd like to end up a 34DD. He also said he can easily fix the side boob issue with expanding the lower incision line.

I asked him about my back rolls and he said they are all loose skin. He basically said there is nothing to Lipo. I'm just skin! Which blows my mind because I still feel so fat when I look in the mirror. But he said that could be fixed later down the road if I decide to do any other surgeries.

He said there is an increased bleeding risk when there has been extreme weight loss which is defined as losing more than 60 lbs. However, he has never had to give anyone a transfusion and he is very confident I will have no issues since I've never smoked and my skin is in great condition. He does want me to have a CBC done to make sure I haven't developed anemia from bariatric surgery.

He said I could probably return to work after a few weeks if I'm sitting but I still plan on taking at least three, if not four. I can begin light cardio like walking after four weeks but no high impact exercise or lifting for many months. Also, no resistance exercise for many months although I can use my own body weight.

It will cost $8,150 for tummy tuck only or $15,310 for tummy tuck and breasts. He offered to repair the side boobs for free. The cost includes all post-op care and if I'm not happy with my results he will do a free revision. He said, "If you're not happy with the results, I'm not going to be happy with the results."

Now on to the mental/psychological part of this. I had a bit of a meltdown on the ride home. Part of it was because I made the mistake of listening to "Reflection" on the way home and started bawling. "Who is that girl I see, staring straight back at me? When will my reflection show who I am inside?" So I did a lot of thinking. On one hand, I feel selfish for spending $15,000 on myself. I don't feel like I deserve it. I don't know why I feel that way. I also don't know why I feel so weird about implants. I've always had very large breasts. But I've always kind of thought of women who got implants as phonies trying to be something they aren't. Just accept your natural body! But now I'm trying to replace what I've always had. And now I'm becoming more understanding towards those who want/need plastic surgery. On the other hand, when I see myself in the mirror I can see my potential but I feel like I'll never feel complete until this excess skin is gone. I really want to finish my marathon and get the medal at the end, my new body.

Aww.. That is great. That is good to know.. I'm feeling the same. I've ALWAYS said no way, no implants.. I still feel like I have plenty of boob tho.. but we will see.. I'm starting to understand why people get them tho.

I wore my daughters clothes today!!! Has nothing to do with my original post but oh well NSV!!!!! Yes I was 267 lbs last year!

post-237766-0-75590000-1455848960_thumb.jpeg

You look so amazing! Did you book your surgery in Cancun yet? I leave (for vacation not plastics) on Monday! Hoping to meet you there! ;)

@deedumble...can you point me to the FB page you're talking about? I just started my FB page (just one for bariatric support only) and only have one friend at this point! I have over 500 on my personal page but I want to keep them separate. So if anyone wants to be my FB friend (PUHLEAASE??) please friend me at https://www.facebook.com/queenofcrop or just look for Zoe Belle I really like the Before and After photos and find FB so much easier than here...speaking of which deedumble, do you have After photos???

The Facebook group is private and they will only add people that have surgery scheduled. The instructions for who to send the message to are on the ObesityHelp board. Many of the users are also on the ObesityHelp Sauceda discussion board: http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Dr_Sauceda_Patients/discussion/

I'll dig up some more after pics and post them.

@@deedadumble Thank you! This was really informative. I sent him the pictures he requested yesterday so now I'm waiting for his response with cost. Does he make you stay the whole 13 days? My husband will have vacation but it will only be for 9 days. I REALLY don't want to go alone since I've never even been to Mexico. I wish I had someone to go with if he couldn't. I guess I could go alone but that scares the crap out of me. I'm off right now and only working a few days a month so I have plenty of recovery time. Did you wake up during surgery? I've heard of people waking up, not feeling anything but woke up. Also freaks me out! How do I get to where all his pictures are? I can't find it. You look wonderful!

You're welcome!

The board is at http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/Dr_Sauceda_Patients/discussion/

The time you stay is going to depend on your procedures. I had two surgeries (body and face) so I needed to stay the whole time. Ask Dr S if 9 days will be enough for what you're having done. The biggest issue is making sure you're ready for the trip home. It's exhausting.

I went alone, but I had my sleeve done in Mexico so I was ok with it. I also met two people on the Facebook group having surgery at the same time.

Yes, I woke up a few times but the epidural was in and didn't feel anything. I remember asking are you done yet and instantly was back asleep. It was not stressful at all. Dr. S's wife is the anesthesiologist and she monitors you the whole time. They do most surgery in Mexico with twilight because it has fewer side effects. Wish they would in the US.

Thanks so much, I feel great!

Here's my before wls pic: attachicon.gif ImageUploadedByBariatricPal1454711471.693267.jpg

I know you have said get in contact with him for a quote but I am curious as to what you paid. From your pictures he has done a great job

I paid $18,000. It included: airfare (up to $600), 12 nights hotel/hospital, compression garments (2). All I paid for was food while I was in the hotel (free breakfast), tips, and spending money.

Please note this number is just for reference. My surgery was 1.5 years ago and each person is different in the amount of work the doctor feels it will take.

Surgeries (body on one day and face two days later):

-lower body lift with autogolous butt flap implant

-breast lift and augmentation (240cc)

-arm lift

-lower face lift (neck lift)

FYI: Dr. Sauceda is going to be in Las Vegas for in person consults on July 17 and 18. Several past patients will be there for you to check out his work.

Here are some more pics. post-169315-14561155714476_thumb.jpg post-169315-1456115673371_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone....checking in again...had my TT done 2 weeks ago today...feeling good, no pain at all. Was in the hospital here in Amsterdam for 3 days and was treated very very well. Came home with the drains that I had to drag around with me for 4 days (not fun, but doable). Was hunched over for about 10 days but have been walking fine now for several days. Love the results so far of the very tight torso and it looks like I've had a vagina lift which is very exciting to see for the first time in my life! And even though I have the tape still on over my scar, the scar looks very thin. However, the bad news is that tummy is so swollen...I feel like I have a football inside or that I'm carrying a 5 lb baby; it's heavy and a little hard. So I don't know if that's normal...have not been wearing my compression garment 100% but about 60%. Go back to the dr on Wed so will update everyone then.

I've decided on a spiral thigh lift with Dra. Cardenas, probably sometime in mid to late August. I want to wait until running season is mostly over. If anyone is planning on going to TJ around then, let me know!

@@Queen of Crop Wear your compression garments 100% of the time!!! It's very important!

@@Daisee68 No! I have a consultation with a surgeon here in my home town on Thursday. I'm excited to see what she says. I'm going to start here and if it doesn't look good I'll venture out.

I'm scheduled April 6th!!!!! Breast augmentaion and fully Tummy Tuck with muscle repair!!!!!!

@@Elode ... does your plastic surgeon have a lot of experience working with bodies of bariatric patients?

If so, I'd love to know who she is. (You can PM me if you don't want to post here.)

Thanks,

A.

I'm ready..........where it seems doing multiple areas on the body for lifts tightening displacement of fat to other areas is done on the same day!! Do you think that full shebang would be done in the states? Is it mandatory you bring someone with you or can you go solo. Is this all cash or does insurance play a part if they would pay a portion. How did you find your Dr? Word of mouth? Sorry for all the questions. Thanks