Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2/9 Surgery Date Team

We are past the 6 month stage! Hard to believe it's been that long!!!

Been super busy, but wanted to say hi and check on everyone. Hope all is well.

6 moth ah-ha's

I can drink 4 to 6 ounces at a time.

I can eat more.

Only losing maybe 1/2 pound a week.

Stomach growls early in the morning.

Hey Positive I've missed you guys...yep we missed our official 6 months but we made it

I'm finally on the losing side again. I had increased my calories and was working out harder and gained 5 pounds, I was not a happy camper because it made zero sense but glad to report 2 weeks later I am finally down those 5 pounds plus an additional 3. I am officially 100 pounds lighter than I was when I started this journey. Although I don't see it, it's a great feeling and great to say out loud. It's interesting that no one knows how much weight I've lost not even my spouse but I'm comfortable sharing it with you guys.

I'm still having a hard time using the bathroom and have resulted in taking dulcalax once per day, my sleeping is off so I take my sleeping pills more often and I can't eat salad lettuce really upsets my stomach so I have accepted that salad is no longer part of my world..other than that all is well, still no hunger but I'm having sweet cravings like candy more often than not, how's everyone else doing?

Hey Positive I've missed you guys...yep we missed our official 6 months but we made it [emoji16]

I'm finally on the losing side again. I had increased my calories and was working out harder and gained 5 pounds, I was not a happy camper because it made zero sense but glad to report 2 weeks later I am finally down those 5 pounds plus an additional 3. I am officially 100 pounds lighter than I was when I started this journey. Although I don't see it, it's a great feeling and great to say out loud. It's interesting that no one knows how much weight I've lost not even my spouse but I'm comfortable sharing it with you guys.

I'm still having a hard time using the bathroom and have resulted in taking dulcalax once per day, my sleeping is off so I take my sleeping pills more often and I can't eat salad [emoji107] lettuce really upsets my stomach so I have accepted that salad is no longer part of my world..other than that all is well, still no hunger but I'm having sweet cravings like candy more often than not, how's everyone else doing?

So proud of you! 100 pounds lost is outstanding!!!

Old habits come back fast!

I started a new job recently and I noticed the scale slowly inching upward. So I've been receiving "congratulatory gifts", which are mainly cute food items like Cookies, candy jars, you think of it in terms of a gift, I've received it. So I've been snacking then trash it... snack then trash it. So now I have to refocus and get a routine going with eating the right foods and sticking to drinking Protein and Water. My Fitbit is not working so I'm not taking my normal 10,000 steps daily. It is very easy to get off track. Luckily I weigh every morning and I didn't let this get out of control.

New plan starting this morning:

Vitamins in the AM

3 bottles of Water

2 Protein shakes

2 healthy Snacks

1 complete meal

Daily exercise minimum 10,000 steps

Nighttime daily Fiber as I can never poop on my own.

*Eat 1000 calories or less

Back to the basics for me! I'll let y'all know how it goes in a couple of weeks!

Edited by Positive44

Positive congrats on the new job...I know that our group has gone quiet but I still login and lurk often as it helps keep me focused, so I'm always around if you need support

It is very easy to get caught in old habits but it's amazing that you immediately notice and correct it

The new plan sounds like a winner, at least to get your body off of the bad food items... Keep pushing forward and stay the course...you got this

Oh I meant to ask what kind of Fiber do you take? Since I can't go I've been taking dulcalax daily and I don't know if at some point it will have a negative effect on my body, so fiber seems like a safer option

My NSV is that I just got back from a cruise and I was really worried about eating. I was mindful but indulged some too. And the results were...I LOST A LB!!!! YAY! I'm now down 107 lbs and in a size 14! What??? I never thought I would get there.

And my other NSV was that I actually like our photos from our cruise. I have never bought one before but this one I really liked.

And btw, my husband is down 90 lbs too by just following my post-op diet.

I'M SO PROUD OF YOU ALL!

RJShelton

Welcome back JennsJourney and congrats on that lb. any weight loss on vacay is a huge accomplishment, so keep up the great work. You and your husband look fantastic. It's so much easier to enjoy photos these days [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]

Hi guys. I have not made amazing progress but I'm pretty happy with it. I have lost 58 pounds total. That's it. Thanks for the inspiration.

Starting to think I'm might be doing something wrong.

I'm sooo close to Onederland! And I can't remember a time in my life when I've been under 200 lbs. I'm at 112 lbs lost but it's coming off slow. I'm also still losing hair which is concerning. How are you guys doing???

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hi Laurie, remember everyone's journey is different and 58 pounds is a loss, so it's great...why do you think your doing something wrong? What are you eating and drinking, how many calories/protein/carbs and are you exercising? Stay the course and know that support is here, let me know how I can possibly help

JennsJourney congrats on 112 pound loss and being close to onderland, that is awesome. I hadn't been losing hair previously but have started losing some and as it is with everyone, it's alarming. I am doing OK, I wish the scale would consistently move but she does what she wants. I went out of town this weekend and managed to not gain any weight so yayyyy there. I am practicing my patience skills and just going with the flow of this journey

Thank you It's Time. The weight is starting to come off slower. I'm working out 4 to 5 days a week. I'm sure I am adding muscle but I'm just getting impatient. I'm at 208.

I'm going to add more Protein and Water starting tomorrow!!