Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2/9 Surgery Date Team

Happy Friyay 2/9ers - so is anyone having Constipation issues and if so what are you doing to correct? Sorry for such a gross topic but omg this is getting ridiculous

Other than that how is everyone doing overall? I saw my PCP today and she kept complimenting me on my loss and stating how she loved that they came out with the sleeve (she's not about the bypass life)....I've decided to use her for the remainder of my follow-ups so it's always great to hear her support - on another note my weight has been yuck this week - the devil scale decided to go up almost 2 pounds for no reason and now those 2 pounds are gone but sad to say nothing else in the poundage loss area but staying the course and remaining positive

Hi It's Time,

I had constipation issues before surgery and they continue now. I use MiraLAX and it takes a while to work. If I need to use it that day, I take ex lax.

I'm down to 146 pounds and I'm 5'5. I look like a size zero, but I'm in a size 6 or 8 depending on the clothing. Only thing I'm sure of when shopping is that I can wear a medium, which is awesome for me.

Working out helps me keep muscle, which takes the place of fat and limits sagging skin. Sagging skin is something I'm trying to limit as much as possible. If I would have known more about the topic before surgery, I would have tried harder to force myself to eat to AVOID loose weight so fast.

So my issues at 5 months post op are:

Loose skin

hair loss

Splitting nails

Unstable eating patterns

Constipation

Other than that I'm great LOL!!! Overall, I would do it all again. Just have more knowledge about it now:)

Positive thanks for the Constipation tips, that's pretty much the same thing my PCP said - I did purchase both and sad to say I WILL NEVER TAKE EX LAX AGAIN OMG [emoji107]

Wow 146, where did you start? Are you at goal and in maintenance now? Congrats on getting down to that 6 or 8, I can't wait [emoji16]

Have you tried prenatal Vitamins for the splitting nails?

So I had to share with others who understand! Today marks 100 lbs lost!!! I still have 55 lbs to go but I'm on my way!

post-286033-14693877948251_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

JennsJourney,

You look fantastic!!! Congrats with your 100 lb lose! I'm still a ways to go but I'm not taking in as much Protein as you. I guess I need to increase it. Your pictures are inspirational by all means!!!

Happy Friyay 2/9ers - so is anyone having Constipation issues and if so what are you doing to correct? Sorry for such a gross topic but omg this is getting ridiculous

Other than that how is everyone doing overall? I saw my PCP today and she kept complimenting me on my loss and stating how she loved that they came out with the sleeve (she's not about the bypass life)....I've decided to use her for the remainder of my follow-ups so it's always great to hear her support - on another note my weight has been yuck this week - the devil scale decided to go up almost 2 pounds for no reason and now those 2 pounds are gone but sad to say nothing else in the poundage loss area but staying the course and remaining positive

Hi It's Time,

I had constipation issues before surgery and they continue now. I use MiraLAX and it takes a while to work. If I need to use it that day, I take ex lax.

I'm down to 146 pounds and I'm 5'5. I look like a size zero, but I'm in a size 6 or 8 depending on the clothing. Only thing I'm sure of when shopping is that I can wear a medium, which is awesome for me.

Working out helps me keep muscle, which takes the place of fat and limits sagging skin. Sagging skin is something I'm trying to limit as much as possible. If I would have known more about the topic before surgery, I would have tried harder to force myself to eat to AVOID loose weight so fast.

Loose skin

hair loss

Splitting nails

Unstable eating patterns

Constipation

Other than that I'm great LOL!!! Overall, I would do it all again. Just have more knowledge about it now:)

Positive44:

Congrats to you! You are seriously kicking butt! I'm 5'6" and cannot imagine getting in a size 6 much less looking like a size 0. Then again most of my weight is in my hips thus far I've gone from size 24 to 16. Very proud of you!

How much is your daily Protein in take? Keep up the hard work!

Positive thanks for the Constipation tips, that's pretty much the same thing my PCP said - I did purchase both and sad to say I WILL NEVER TAKE EX LAX AGAIN OMG

Wow 146, where did you start? Are you at goal and in maintenance now? Congrats on getting down to that 6 or 8, I can't wait

Have you tried prenatal Vitamins for the splitting nails?

Thank you! I work so hard working out so I'm happy with the results. I started at 210. I'm a former college athlete so my body let the fat go once I stopped eating and started working out again.

Kinda weird to explain but people would tell me I carry my weight well. So at 210 I could still squeeze into a size 12. Now at 146 I look SO small, but I'm really a 6/8.

I don't know about a goal weight anymore because I let the comments of others get to me. Even today a guy accidentally stepped on my foot backing up. He said, "I'm so sorry ur so small ur about to blow away... I didn't even see you!" Okay, really I'm thinking, but my dad said the same about me blowing away yesterday. Again, it's just the way my frame is and the way I carry the weight that makes me look small.

135 is where I wanted to end this journey. Since we are only 5&1/2 months out, I think I'll be there by October.

Our journey's are different, so keep me in ur prayers. I have bad days often as I see myself fat in the mirror. I also eat stuff I know I shouldn't. All still a daily struggle!

Hi It's Time,

I had constipation issues before surgery and they continue now. I use Miralax and it takes a while to work. If I need to use it that day, I take ex lax.

Loose skin

hair loss

Splitting nails

Unstable eating patterns

Constipation

Positive44:

Congrats to you! You are seriously kicking butt! I'm 5'6" and cannot imagine getting in a size 6 much less looking like a size 0. Then again most of my weight is in my hips thus far I've gone from size 24 to 16. Very proud of you!

How much is your daily Protein in take? Keep up the hard work!

Thank you so much! You will get there and soon! My eating habits suck so my Protein intake is low. Saving grace is exercise, which keeps the weight down. You can do it!!

@@Positive44, well I'm sure I have done what all of you have done...I think I just had a lot more weight to lose! :) I have uped my Protein to 90-100 a day and keep my carbs under 40 and try to keep my calories around 1000. I also work out 3x a week. But I still have 55 lbs to go and man is it coming off slower now! lol But you are the one that inspires me! I hope I can get to your size one of these days. :)

@@TxJP and thanks for your sweet encouragement! I had actually hit a stalls for a couple of weeks until my doctor told me I had to increase my Protein and then bam, it started coming off again! So, it might work for you too. :)

Everyone is doing so great, I'm so proud and excited for all of us.

Positive it's funny how each of us carry our weight so differently. I too have always been one of those people who looked smaller then they actually were....don't allow others to determine what your end goal should be, if you want to get down to 135 then do it. It's your body and you have to be 100% comfortable

I work out 5 to 6 times a week and like you Jenn the weight loss has slowed down significantly but I diligently work hard to get a minimum of 100 grams of Protein and get in exercise... I also try to stay under 1000 calories but find that I don't lose if my carb intake is too low, so I try to stay under 60

Hey 2/9ers HAPPY THURSDAY - so let's talk about a non scale victory, I purchased a pair of size 14 jeans for future wear lol and guess who fit in them perfectly with some room to spare wooohoooooo - this may not sound like big news to some but it is big news to me...I am a woman with curves and I have ummmm a good share of rear end hahahahaha so jeans and I have a love hate relationship - typically I purchase them a few sizes bigger because of my curves so to get in those 14's wooooohooooo - that is all for now, anyone else have a victory to share scale/non scale

Hey 2/9ers HAPPY THURSDAY - so let's talk about a non scale victory, I purchased a pair of size 14 jeans for future wear lol and guess who fit in them perfectly with some room to spare wooohoooooo - this may not sound like big news to some but it is big news to me...I am a woman with curves and I have ummmm a good share of rear end hahahahaha so jeans and I have a love hate relationship - typically I purchase them a few sizes bigger because of my curves so to get in those 14's wooooohooooo - that is all for now, anyone else have a victory to share scale/non scale

I love it!! So happy for you! Keep it up.