Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2/9 Surgery Date Team

Congrats TxJP 73 pounds is fantastic - my eating has increased but I suppose that's normal....what part of Texas are you in if you don't mind my asking?

Positive - nope we didn't talk hair loss, I have lost a good chunk of hair but what can one do

Congrats TxJP 73 pounds is fantastic - my eating has increased but I suppose that's normal....what part of Texas are you in if you don't mind my asking?

Positive - nope we didn't talk hair loss, I have lost a good chunk of hair but what can one do

When I first started considering the surgery I started taking Biotin by itself to prevent Hair loss or minimize it, but I'm not sure if it helped or not.

What I do know is we are at the end of 4 months post-op and my nails are hard as a rock! Finally, after all this time my hard long nails are back. I take Biotin each morning and I know now it's working.

My hair continues to grow long, but I do believe its thinner than it was before surgery. Hopefully, most of the shedding is behind me.

EATING and drinking more throughout the day this week. Still the same on good days and bad days with eating. No vomiting in over a month so that's a lot of progress!

Weight loss is slow, but still coming off. I'm happy about that because I don't like the access skin so slow is better for me at this point.

Joined Camp Gladiator to help tone and I'm sore all over! The different workouts will keep me engaged and my body will not be in a routine like it has been with walking and going to the gym.

I've had two Body Wraps and they are great for my skin. I really see a difference. I have one more on my package and I'll do that next week.

Still have not had my colon cleaned, but will do that in August. As you can see I'm okay with trying new things to better myself.

That's an update for me. How is everyone else doing??? Happy 4th of July everyone!

Edited by Positive44

Hi It's Time,

I'm on East Texas...Tyler

hair falling out...

Did we pass the hair falling out stage? I'm reading other threads and I don't remember talking about it with our group.

My hair is falling out daily it's quite frightening. I need to be consistent and take my Biotin daily.

Howdy 2/9ers I miss you guys, it's so quiet in here I guess everyone is off working extra hard in the gym

Happy 4th all is well on my end, still slowly losing - finding that I can eat more, but I suppose that's not a bad thing - on average how many calories and Protein is everyone getting in? I'm about 800-1000 calories and I shoot for a minimum of 80 G Protein and average about 90G

Positive and TxJP I take Biotin daily as well but heard that the hair can still come out - I've definitely experienced loss and thought about taking a collagen supplement that's supposed to aide in Hair growth

Happy 4th to All!

Today I went shopping because I had a birthday coupon for about a month now in my purse.

I was happy with the smaller size and almost shocked. I cannot imagine being any smaller. Every time I jump on the scale I think about the last time I was the size the scale reflects. Currently that would take me back to approximately 23 I'm 41 now. It makes me happy but I cannot recall being my ideal weight . (135) nor what it would be like to be that size in my adult life.

My brain is playing tricks on me now. Then I recall reading that your likely to only lose up to 60% of your excess weight. I also realize I still have a long ways to go. I'm still 89 lbs from my ideal weight but just seems so far off yet also realized how far I've come.

I feel like I'm nearing uncharted territory... and still have not told anyone at work about my surgery other than my boss.

I use the purple brand and I did see a thickening.

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

Hello everyone! Wished I had found you all earlier. I was sleeved on 2/9 as well. I've lost 93 lbs so far and down from a size 24 to 16. My biggest issues right now are getting in all my Protein and my hair falling out. Looking forward to getting to know you all!!

post-286033-14677853895832_thumb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

TxJP congrats on smaller sizes [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322][emoji322] you will lose the 89 pounds, I'm not far from you and we will continue to support each other - no one that I work with knows and they never will, I'm such a private person and believe it's no ones business but my own so don't feel forced to share the information unless you want to

Jenn welcome to the 2/9er group and major congrats on a 93 pound loss, I mean wow that's amazing is that all since surgery? You look really cute and happy in your photo and I love the before picture shirt [emoji16]

Wow. You guys are amazing!! I have only lost 45 pounds but I have been working out and trying drink lots of water!!

I also have not told many people about the surgery and I really don't want to tell people.

Hair loss. Okay people. I promise you got to take Viviscal. Be faithful to this Vitamin daily and in three months you will love me for sharing this with you. This vitamin is beyond amazing!! I would start out with Viviscal professional for the first month and then you can switch to the regular strength. Regular strength is a bit more affordable. But both are worth any amount of money you spend on them. I bought mine on Amazon.