Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so today I went shopping because my size 12 jeans were getting fairly loose. I went to my favorite place to buy jeans since having WLS. Lucky Brand Jeans.

I grab a pair of sweet and straight jeans in a size 10 and I am grinning from ear to ear because I am confident they are going to fit and I love that feeling. I have not fit into jeans this small since I was a teenager.

I put them on and I am right! They fit fantastic! I come out of the dressing room and model for hubby who promptly says, those look a little big. Maybe you should think about a smaller size.

I the immediately say "no way!" An 8 is not going to fit me. I am honestly not sure if I have ever worn a size that small. I decide to encourage him and prove there is no way I will get them up.

I grab an 8 and head back into the dressing room. I look at this tiny pair of jeans and go, here goes nothing. They fit perfectly! I could hardly believe my eyes.

Then the sales clerk tells me that they are buy one get one half off but she says the darker dyes seem to be more forgiving so she gives me an 8 and a 6 to try on. I laughed but thought well just see how far off you are.

Well, I put the 6 on, buttoned them up and stood there in shock. Now, I didn't buy the 6 because although I could wear them, I do like my jeans to be comfortable and have a little room.

So when I started this journey I wore 24 jeans and 26/28 tops. I am now in a size 8 and a medium or large top. Sometimes I have to get the large because I have a lot of loose skin.

I cannot believe where I am today! For me, clothes shopping is when I can really see the thinner me.

I am SO happy for you!!!! What an amazing feeling!!! GO YOU!!!

Wow! That sounds so wonderful! I can't wait to have that happen. I know it won't be immediate, but damn girl! You are so giving me hope right now.

Congratulations on your success!

WHOOOHOOOO! How exciting! You are such an inspiration!

pam

Congrats @Djmohr. When I started shopping for pants, which I had not worn in decades, I thought I would be ecstatic if I could fit into a 10. I am now wearing a size four. I realize pants today are not the same as they were when I was in my 20s, but I never wore anything smaller than a nine back in the day.

Ironically, I have also discovered that I am petite. Who knew?

That's fantastic! I used to wear a size 50 waist for my work pants. 2wks post op and I was already swimming in them. I was going to be conservative and order a 46 just to make sure they "weren't too small." My wife (the ever so intelligent better half) prompted me to get a 44. Well, she was right. The 44's fit PERFECT!

I can't even imagine how great I'll feel when I can fit in a jean size that is closer to my age.

Congrats! I love Lucky. I am trying really hard not to buy any clothes until I am closer to goal so will live vicariously through your new jeans.

That's amazing! I'm pretty jealous! I know an 8 is not in my future ever, but I am pretty content to fit into a size 10 skinny jean at least!

I love this post so much! Brought a smile to my face.

So well deserved. You've worked so hard for those size 6's!

thats so great hon i am beaming for you. you ought to be proud. i am just hoping to get back in the jrs section because of my height

That's amazing! I started at your same sizes, so you are currently my hero!!

That is so awesome - what a great feeling :) Congratulations!!

YES!!!!!

So happy for you!

I keep telling people here they're going to get into single digit pants sizes, and I can tell they don't really believe it.

So happy you've now had that amazing NSV. It really is one of the best ones. :)

Wow. Each week you are having great nsv!!! Size 8 is fabulous.

You must be so proud of all your work and deservedly so!! Congrats