Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December 2015 sleevers progress check

Hello everyone I Was sleeved. Dec 3,15 and my weight the day of surgery was 260. Today I weighed in at 232 so that's 28 pounds lost... I feel like the weight is coming off slow???? but I haven't been sticking to the Protein shakes... Do you think that's why... Please share your progress here ...

When's the last time you lost 28 lbs in almost two months? Sounds like you're doing amazing!

I am with you Joymarie333. I was sleeved on 12/4 and I am also down 25-28 lbs. I thought I was moving too slowly as well, people at work that don't know I had surgery haven't even commented on what I have lost. Not sure if that is a good thing or a bad thing! I am not doing well on getting in my Protein and Water. I just can't bring myself to drink the darn shakes anymore (and of course I have a ton of them) I absolutely have to get on the program, I did not go through all of this to not follow the program!

I was sleeved 12/31, sw 218 now 198 at one month. 20 pounds is good, but seem to have plateaud. Check out the Bariatric Pal Store and foods. I have tried Vitamins and foods and they are tasty. I like the pineapple orange Protein Drink, and the hot chocolate Protein drink. Nice change from chocolate or vanilla shakes.

I was sleeved 12/31, sw 218 now 198 at one month. 20 pounds is good, but seem to have plateaud. Check out the Bariatric Pal Store and foods. I have tried Vitamins and foods and they are tasty. I like the pineapple orange Protein drink, and the hot chocolate Protein drink. Nice change from chocolate or vanilla shakes.

Hey Beezy8, I have also gotten some of the chips off of the store. It was awesome to go grab a bag of chips for a snack one day, although I think I ate on it all day!!! who knew there would come a time when I couldn't finish a small bag of chips!

I was sleeved 12/28 and Hw was 274, surgery day weigh 268, CW 248.5.

I also feel like it's been a slow loss for me. No one has really noticed the weight loss yet, but info feel clothes feeling a little less snug.

I thought it would be a bit faster, but as long as I keep loosing I am okay with that.

I am hoping that a slow weight loss will possibly lead to no hair loss. Fingers crossed!!!!!

I was sleeved on 12/16. Heaviest weight 276, day of surgery 257 and as if this morning 239. I kind of like that it's coming off. Little slower because it's still way faster than it ever was before! My clothes are in need of belts which is awesome!! Only 2 people have noticed my almost 40 lb loss so far but that's ok as I'm not losing for them.

Sleeved 12/29. 305 first appt (Sept 29), 287 day of surgery, 265 current.

It's hard not to feel like it's not coming off fast enough, but if I was told I'd be down 40 lbs by Feb. when I started the process, I would have cried. I had my five week post-op this morning and they're thrilled with where I'm at.

Edited by Caseeeee

One of the best parts of surgery for me has been no back pain since my surgery. I could hardly walk from piriformis pain, and though the weather is keeping me in, I haven't had the pain I had before! That was one of the main reasons for the surgery, so I could participate again. So I'm thrilled with my progress one month post-op!

Hello- I was sleeved on 12/10. I am so glad to read this post, as I have the same thoughts and experiences. I am having a really hard time drinking, i am ok with eating on most days, but i get so sick to my stomach when i drink and it happens with everything from Water to a shake to tea.

Has anyone else had this, what did you try to over come? I know i am not getting the 64oz at all and some days it is a struggle to have any Protein, just a few crackers.

Thank you so much for this post!

When I look at other people having surgery in the same week that I did, and have already lost 60+ pounds, I was getting depressed. My doctor said he was very happy with my progress, but I still felt like I was losing it too slowly. This was the encouragement I needed today: Just to know I'm not alone in what I feel is slow weight loss.

But we can look at the positives, at least we're losing and not gaining weight.

Sleeved 12/1, was 250 day of surgery and weighed 219 two days ago :)

I assumed the weight would come off faster, but I'm still thrilled. I don't really know what I expected but I'm steadily losing 2-3 lbs a week. I notice a huge difference when I REALLY focus on my Water and Protein. Looking forward to getting out of the 200s soon!

I feel like I'm in the same boat, but I haven't had the best discipline post-op.

One thing I've been doing is tracking measurements in addition to weight, and sometimes that is even more encouraging. It seems like the the weeks where I lose inches are not the same weeks where I see a larger weight loss.