Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on 1/26 and had the same thoughts. I went from barely being able to drink a sip of a Protein shake on Thursday to being able to drink almost an entire one yesterday. From what I've read, you will not really feel the restriction in the liquid phase, so don't let it freak you out. Hopefully others more knowledgeable can chime in.

It's a pain in the rear, but I really do feel better if I set my phone alarm every 15 minutes and drink 2 ounces of shake followed by two ounces of cinnamon apple herbal tea or hot Water. Probably part of it is then I don't worry about drinking too much or two quickly, but I hate the constant attention to what I'm drinking.

Oma. Same here. I feel like I'm constantly watching the clock to make sure I'm getting everything in. I like your timer idea though. I just set one on my phone. This app truly is a blessing. It just puts my mind at ease knowing that we are all dealing with similar things.

Don't worry about stretching a new sleeve, it just isn't possible. You've got a lot of swelling yet. You do want to keep to the portion sizes your surgeon dictates, both for healing, and for comfort.

Hi, recent sleever friends. Tomorrow will be my one week since surgery. I am feeling so much better! And like some of you, forgetting to pace/time my drinking. It doesn't hurt to swallow and I'm not feeling sick afterwards so I am assuming I'm ok. Very tired of liquids, especially artificially sweetened ones, but drinking them because I want to follow the program. Still not really hungry which I think is a good thing. I still have a week and two days of this full liquid stage! I think I can; I think I can! Actually, I'm feeling very empowered right now that I have chosen to take this step for my health and my future except for the fact that I've only lost 4 pounds after ten days of liquid diet. I know my total calorie count is less than 500 daily. So what is going on? I know I need to walk and I did a mile on Saturday, but it really wore me out. Need to get in my head that I'm going to do it everyday and then do it. No excuses! But really I love this feeling of empowerment and hope! We can do this!

i am a week out tomorrow as well and i am also so sick of liquids. i do not feel hungry but i am so ready for the soft foods phase if for nothing else but to chew! today i finally found a way to get some Protein in as the shakes are all so nasty they make me gas but i put some unflavored powder in my coffee with Creamer and can't taste it so now i just have to try and get this down. its going to take all day :(

i also find myself getting tired late afternoon or early evening but thats mostly due to two kiddos :)

Today is one week from my surgery. Yesterday I thought I was feeling and doing great! Today I tried to shop a little. Michael's, Ross, then Walmart. I pooped out before getting to Walmart. I had had a lot of tea earlier in the day, but I became really thirsty and almost like a wave of exhaustion came over me. And this bad breath is driving me crazy! I brush my teeth and tongue several times a day but still have this awful taste in my mouth! Let's see; what else can I complain about? I've still only lost 4 pounds! And like everyone else, I am just sick of liquids.

Sorry for complaining. We've been blessed to have this opportunity to change ourselves and our lives for the better. This will get better!

This is a great thread as we all seem to be around 1 week out. I was sleeved on 27th. :)

I too was wondering about how much Water I can drink at the one time, I am still not 'gulping' it down but I easily keep on drinking consistently throughout the day. I am seriously hatin' Protein shakes but am trying to get over it!

I am still feeling pretty hungry and I am craving all the usual junk but I hope this will change once I get onto proper foods but its a full 3 weeks away! I hope the time goes by quickly enough!

I am day ten today yay and i am slowly starting to feel the hunger but no where near as bad as before surgury but sometimes when im sitting there infront of my Soup i start and after while i just stop usuually after 16 tablespoons. i know its about how much im suppose to consume in a sitting based on my docs NUT, but i dont hit full but i dont feel hungry anymore either is this how folks eat with no eating issues? i know i have been eating past the im full mark pre op so this is a new thing stopping when you are suppose to but i kind of like it.

I'm 8 days out and can't stand the smell of broth anymore!! I've tried several diff kinds and just gag when it's in front of me. Guess I'll have to just keep on with the shakes and try hot Water with lemon a couple times a day. So hoping my dr advances me to soft foods when I go in for my post op on the 9th. I don't know that I could handle another week of liquids only. I still feel like I'm hungry lots during the day, don't know if this is actual hunger or mental? So far I'm down 11 lbs from SW but I am walking 1.5-2 miles a day. I am so thankful I found this app!!

I've been doing 2oz Soup and 2oz of thinned (with skim) yogurt for my meals but sometimes still feel hungry. I'm hoping it is because it is not solid food. Anyone else feeling the same way? Seriously hope that once I start solid food I get that quick full feeling.

Hi all,

I was sleeved on the 21st January, but was only released from hospital 2 days ago as a few days after my surgery they discovered I had a small leak... groan!!!... So I had to have more surgery to drain etc etc... very glad to be home!!... So, because of all this, I am only just starting my post op diet so I am on liquids and am really struggling with getting everything I need down!!... Eating just doesnt interest me whatsoever, I usually manage to get 1/2 a shake down and am trying to sip Water during the day but am finding that even quite difficult.. I am hoping it will get easier.... I also have a partially deflated lung to contend with also... ouch!!!...On the only upside from the complications I can see, I am down 35 pounds... which is a mighty good start!!!! :) Good luck to everyone!!! :)