Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all February 1st Sleevers!

I havent seen any post from anyone in a long time, how is everyone doing? I got my surgery date, may 10th! So excited!

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App

Miss hearing from everyone ... your comments and posts reassured me that I wasn't crazy.

Still learning day to day. Things I used to love no longer work for me. But like my care nurse says I try something new each week. I am patient and stopped buying food for me. I just eat off of my daughter and husbands plates when we are out. My husband knows I had the procedure done. My daughter doesn't but she gets excited that I want to share with her.

Hello

I'm a few days over two months post op like many of you. All my check-ups seem to be normal, text-book healing.

I have not exercised yet, and finally went to a gym aka physical therapy center for obese people, last night with my husband. I can't express enough just how out of shape I am! But obviously, this is something I will commit to because I do realize the stalls will hit unless I work out and get fit. I need to get fit, not just for fat loss but for myself. I need to help my body to be strong and happy.

Emotional. Something emotional is happening to me right now, and might have nothing to do with the surgery. I have been on this anxiety roller coaster about this surgery for nearly a year, and now it has come and gone. I have all this time open now, where I don't obsess and worry. It's odd, right? I always feel like I need to worry about something.

I should get my butt to adoration and prayer, meditate for the secular folks. Refocus my energy and open back up to love and trust. I need a new journey, I was so eagle-eye focused on everything that has already happened. Now, it's time to do more.

I still have good days and sleepy days. I'm less concerned now about complications. I'm still worried every time I take a bite, if it's good for my stomach.

Anyway. I have been losing, I need to make an update. But I can feel now that I am not, because I have replaced liquids with solids and sometimes I have "carbs" in the form of raw milk in my shakes, or dried Beans I've cooked myself.

I have not had any fingernail weakness, in fact they're long and strong. I don't think I've had hair loss, but at two months out I don't know if it starts yet or not? But I clean the house more. Do more. And now I want to do even more, lol.

Hello

I'm a few days over two months post op like many of you. All my check-ups seem to be normal, text-book healing.

I have not exercised yet, and finally went to a gym aka physical therapy center for obese people, last night with my husband. I can't express enough just how out of shape I am! But obviously, this is something I will commit to because I do realize the stalls will hit unless I work out and get fit. I need to get fit, not just for fat loss but for myself. I need to help my body to be strong and happy.

Emotional. Something emotional is happening to me right now, and might have nothing to do with the surgery. I have been on this anxiety roller coaster about this surgery for nearly a year, and now it has come and gone. I have all this time open now, where I don't obsess and worry. It's odd, right? I always feel like I need to worry about something.

I should get my butt to adoration and prayer, meditate for the secular folks. Refocus my energy and open back up to love and trust. I need a new journey, I was so eagle-eye focused on everything that has already happened. Now, it's time to do more.

I still have good days and sleepy days. I'm less concerned now about complications. I'm still worried every time I take a bite, if it's good for my stomach.

Anyway. I have been losing, I need to make an update. But I can feel now that I am not, because I have replaced liquids with solids and sometimes I have "carbs" in the form of raw milk in my shakes, or dried Beans I've cooked myself.

I have not had any fingernail weakness, in fact they're long and strong. I don't think I've had hair loss, but at two months out I don't know if it starts yet or not? But I clean the house more. Do more. And now I want to do even more, lol.

Yes... I totally understand the... what now? Once I committed to the surgery that was what I thought about and studied for. I have done more research than these doctors have probably done.

My weight loss has been slow and steady. 40lbs since February.

But I want more ... faster .. I want to wake up and be like bam.

But . . . I will find joy in all that I have done and you need to as well.

We have done an amazing thing for ourselves and for those that care about us. So let's take what we were giving to stress and preparation and anxiety and use it at the gym or in our daily activities.

Been in a stall forever. Dietitian says I need to reduce carbs.

Hi Bunnie!

Mind if I ask what kind of carbs you include in your day?

When my husband and I went to the gym two nights ago, I am happy to report that the scale moved! I said I wan't going to get obsessed about checking the scale, but I fail at times! We didn't even do that much because well, we're EX couch potatoes! lol "EX". We will do this!

I had an organic ancient grain pumpkin Loaf, and even though it was sweetened with honey and maple, it made me feel ill. So, I won't do that again. It just made me feel yucky, like when you eat 75 pancakes and only want to take a nap, yucky.

Edited by Amelie2016

I have been drinking buttermilk and cornbread. Having two half sandwiches and gluten free crackers. Also cream of wheat and chili with Beans. Nothing too bad but she wants me to keep it under 50. Haha- I weigh everyday. I can't keep off!

I saw the doctor today. Happy with my loss but said I need more Protein or I am going to start loosing muscle. I was cleared to move to high impact cardio and weight training under 40 lbs.

It was great to hear that it's okay to have bad days.

It was interesting because she also said if I get my protein in I will loose more weight faster.

She also said... no matter what I eat make sure there is a protein.

I personally am having problems with the bariatric chewable vitamins. But she said if you have a slice of whole grain bread..have it with a protein. If you have some mashed potatoes...have some chicken pieces or even lunch meat. Just make sure everything thing going in is a protein or is with a protein.

Hi everyone! I miss chatting with you guys. Congratulations on your victories. I am inspired to do more by just reading your journeys. Although it's not good to compare, I still feel like it's more I can be doing. I am down 34lbs and my current weight is 209. I try to stay away from the scale some weeks because it's no fun when I hit a stall and the scale is dormant. Just wondering, has any of your doctors or nutritionist mentioned approximately how long it usually takes to reach your goal? I know it's a slow process and I don't plan to stop any time soon, but I would like to know if I'm on target at least.

Hi everyone! I miss chatting with you guys. Congratulations on your victories. I am inspired to do more by just reading your journeys. Although it's not good to compare, I still feel like it's more I can be doing. I am down 34lbs and my current weight is 209. I try to stay away from the scale some weeks because it's no fun when I hit a stall and the scale is dormant. Just wondering, has any of your doctors or nutritionist mentioned approximately how long it usually takes to reach your goal? I know it's a slow process and I don't plan to stop any time soon, but I would like to know if I'm on target at least.

It seems like a lot of people here have lost about that much. So 34 is not bad- I've lost about the same. My nutritionist is making me limit my carbs to 50 a day and stick to 800-1000 calories a day

My group's plan is the same bunnies26, less than 50g carbs a day (I average 20-30) and aim for 800-1000 (I'm getting 700ish most days, but hit 800 a couple of times). Surgery for me was Feb 2nd.

I was sleeved Feb 1. I started at 263 and today hit 213, so 50 lbs gone.

I focus on Proteins, and don't care about counting fat, carbs, or calories (yet). I have had slip ups (a tiny piece of cake, some fritos) and drink a small glass of wine 3 ish days a week. Other than the 3 week stall I have been losing. So if you have a bad meal/day, you can't give up. One bad meal/day won't make you fat, like one salad won't make you skinny!

I also do cardio 3-4 days a week and weights once a week. My goal in May is to up the weights to 2-3 days a week and add in a day of yoga.

I was sleeved Feb 1. I started at 263 and today hit 213, so 50 lbs gone.

I focus on Proteins, and don't care about counting fat, carbs, or calories (yet). I have had slip ups (a tiny piece of cake, some fritos) and drink a small glass of wine 3 ish days a week. Other than the 3 week stall I have been losing. So if you have a bad meal/day, you can't give up. One bad meal/day won't make you fat, like one salad won't make you skinny!

I also do cardio 3-4 days a week and weights once a week. My goal in May is to up the weights to 2-3 days a week and add in a day of yoga.

You are doing so good!!!!

Y'all

I've heard some other people say it, and my Surgeon said it ... as I lose this fat, the estrogen and other toxins in my fat cells will release and I will become moody.

Well. I am MOODY AS H*LL!

I am weepy, lethargic some days, and some days I don't know if I am finished healing. I want to see inside my stomach and make sure everything is OK because I'm a worry wart?

The messes around my house are driving me insane and I finally ordered a maid service for tomorrow or else I am going to KILL my careless husband. He wouldn't care if the dog pooped on him, he'd brush it off and head on out the door.

So now this is causing rifts in my marriage.

I've started working out at a nice gym w/ my husband and it is kicking my butt, especially since I have Fibro. So I end up being "sick" for two days afterwards, so the housework falls behind.

I'm just in an AWFUL place emotionally right now, and my husband is trying his best to remind me that I have a ton to be grateful for and he is correct. I have so much to be grateful for, so why am I going insane?!?!

Your body is changing and it seems your significant other is trying his best to help. That being said, many of us are in the same boat. There is a reason bariatric surgery in one partner has a 56% divorce rate. He was there for you before the surgery and through it...don't lose sight of that if you can. So long as its support and not jealousy or any other negative changes in him as a result of your self improvements, I'd say you're in a winning position.