Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Calling all February 1st Sleevers!

@@skinnyme13 My doc here in FL is affordable if you don't want to go to Mexico

@@skinnyme13 My doc here in FL is affordable if you don't want to go to Mexico

Who's your doctor and how much does he charge?

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App

Shillingford. $10,500 He has a flawless reputation. I've been happy with him as well.
Wow thanks thats a really great price, is that just a self pay price or is it still the same price with insurance to? And can you message me his info? Thank you!

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App

Hello. I had my GS 2/1/16 down 34-35 depending on day and now I have a teo week stall. Normal? I also notice I am hungry? Afraid to gain. Any advise. Drinking and eating requires Protein.

My doctor warned me that after about 5 to 6 weeks my hiatal hernia repair would bother me again because it eventual firms up and then it's hard to swallow things. It's week 7 for me and it happened exactly like he said. It's just finishing up healing.

Excellent news then, you're progressing well!

A few days ago, I had to lay flat onto a table to have a body scan. Before that day I had been obsessing about GERDS and getting worked up like I do when I let my anxieties take over. So I thought for sure I'd lie down and all this Fluid would come gushing up my throat because I had been drinking Water in the lobby.

NOTHING happened. =) My LES was closed tightly. The scan took about 13 minutes so if it was going to happen I was thinking it should have. I could even feel blood rushing to my face, that is how flat I was.

I had a hernia repair as well, so I think we have both come out of it nicely! Perhaps what I was feeling was my repair, not only did I require a repair, but scar tissue from a previous banding had to be cut off and that has been healing.

Silly me. Praise GOD!

Praise God indeed!!! I'm so glad your fears were unfounded. I am also really glad that we have progressed this far and so well.

One more thing...and hopefully I'm not over stepping...but sometimes I get anxious about things. I have fears when my husband deploys overseas regarding his safety, and things like that. What I have to do is remind myself of the bible verse, I forget which one, but it says "God hast not given us a spirit of fear, but he has given unto us a spirit of love, a spirit of power and a sound mind." And it helps me every time. I hope you can find comfort in that sometimes when you get anxious. :)

I enjoy reading all your posts. I had sleeve 2/1/16. So far 35 lb wt loss with the last two pounds a struggle to loose. Guess that was my plateau. I too find some days I am hungrier than others. Trying to stick to 2oz of Protein first but I like the cauliflour crust and add that also to the protein. I still find I crave sweets, liked it when I didnt have that craving post op. Well I look forward to following all the success stories. As for myself I still want to loose much more but will learn patience. Good luck everyone.

Praise God indeed!!! I'm so glad your fears were unfounded. I am also really glad that we have progressed this far and so well.

One more thing...and hopefully I'm not over stepping...but sometimes I get anxious about things. I have fears when my husband deploys overseas regarding his safety, and things like that. What I have to do is remind myself of the bible verse, I forget which one, but it says "God hast not given us a spirit of fear, but he has given unto us a spirit of love, a spirit of power and a sound mind." And it helps me every time. I hope you can find comfort in that sometimes when you get anxious. :)

Thank you so much for this, it's true.

And I will pray for you and your family and husband as well!

I enjoy reading all your posts. I had sleeve 2/1/16. So far 35 lb wt loss with the last two pounds a struggle to loose. Guess that was my plateau. I too find some days I am hungrier than others. Trying to stick to 2oz of Protein first but I like the cauliflour crust and add that also to the protein. I still find I crave sweets, liked it when I didnt have that craving post op. Well I look forward to following all the success stories. As for myself I still want to loose much more but will learn patience. Good luck everyone.

Yeah... I am starting to get a wee few cravings back...

Hi all I noticed there are several people being sleeved on the 1st. Introduce yourselves and let's motivate each other and keep in touch! I'll go first. I'm 5'5" HW 242

CW 232 GW 160. I am extremely nervous about the procedure, but I am also excited.

My goal weight is 150

Falecha

Good Idea, I cant wait for the weekend to be over! Never thought I would hear myself say that..lol. I am 5'3" HW 221 CW 209 GW 140. I would love to have a group to check in with for motivation and support...plus update pics :)

I would too!!!

Falecha

Hi everyone!!!! I'm on 2/1. I'm 5ft 6in and my weight stats are SW 286, CW 276, GW160. My doctor only requires clears starting tomorrow till midnight so I'll start that then but today I'm on a self-imposed liquid diet. I'm drinking pure Protein, broth and Water. I'm so excited! :) Good luck everyone!

Good luck!!!

Falecha

I'm down 65 since February 3rd surgery...I've indulged a few times with alcohol, ice cream and even some fast food I probably shouldn't have. The key I'm learning is moderation...once a week is fine, just not everyday like my pre surgery routine.

I'm down 65 since February 3rd surgery...I've indulged a few times with alcohol, ice cream and even some fast food I probably shouldn't have. The key I'm learning is moderation...once a week is fine, just not everyday like my pre surgery routine.

Are you exercising? That is a wonderful amount of weight loss there!

I'm only weighing whenever I go to a Dr.s office otherwise I'd probably beat myself up everyday. So, I go to the Surgeons again next Wednesday, we'll see. MY visit was rescheduled this week due to him needing to be in an operation.

I haven't started back at the gym yet. To be honest I'm a gym rat from my football days and I know I'll gain density which will be discouraging on the scale so I want to hit the 100lb lost Mark before I start lifting again. I just eat right most of the time and don't fret when I do decide to treat myself. It's a lifestyle so I'm just trying to be consistent. In fact I've dropped 3 more lbs since my post

Edited by JLilley417