Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK Ladies, kinda embarrasing question for you all

On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 1:03 AM, VSGAnn2014 said:

What the hell?!?

No, no shaving required. No shaving done.

Why in the world are you required to shave your pubic hair?

Out of curiosity, has any male patient ever been required to shave his pubic hair prior to laparoscopic surgery?

They shaved me in the hospital right before surgery. Don't know why they did but they did.

18 hours ago, HeatherS. said:

Same here. Oh, the itchies growing back out! (TMI? :lol: )

:lol::lol::lol:

I know I am late to the party, as always. I keep things neat down there. I was not requested to shave and they did not shave me. I had a catheter. Yes, you can walk with a catheter.
As far as undies, if they ask you to take them off for the surgery, please take them off. Most of the time when you have general anesthesia you will have a catheter in the OR. Most of the time they will put it in and take it out while you are still under the anesthesia. They do not want you to relax so much during the surgery that you leak or gush. Nobody wants to have to clean that up.
I am glad that I had the catheter the first night. I didn't have to worry about being able to get up quickly to make it to the bathroom. One less thing to worry about the first night.

Sadly I was not cathed and I threw up twice in recovery which caused me to pee all over the bed. The very kind nurse got me up (I was mostly out of it) and washed me with a clean cloth while someone changed the bedding. Luckily there was a pee pad under me so it wasn't too bad. No dripping to the floor or anything. Anyway while the nurse was washing my booty I told her she must be my best friend because only a best friend would wash your a$$ after you've peed yourself. We all had a great laugh and then I zonked back out as soon as I was back in bed.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 1/29/2016 at 9:35 PM, M!@ said:

As the first thing they want you to do after surgery is walk, my surgeon does not use a cath. And with them pumping IV Fluid the urge comes rather quickly after waking.

That being said, even with a cath, I don't see the need to be clean shaven. I was not worried, I make sugar wax at home to use. Cheap and easy, and for some reason my husband likes to help. Ok that was TMI.

Runs to look up what the hell is sugar wax! bahahahaha! Sounds incredibly painful! :o:blink::blush:

And ROFLMAO at the thought that "any surgery that expensive should come with the complementary Brazilian wax option." I highly concur!

@Berry78 I'm not certain, but I think you might be thinking about trees, forests and them not making a sound if we can't hear them? ;) hehehehe ;) :lol:

Edited by FluffyChix

After losing 100lbs, good news! I have pubic hair! Lol! But, just because it's here now, doesn't mean it was there for the last 15 years, maybe that's where the hair off my head ended up...

After losing 100lbs, good news! I have pubic hair! Lol! But, just because it's here now, doesn't mean it was there for the last 15 years, maybe that's where the hair off my head ended up...

Hahahahaha

Sent from my XT1635-01 using BariatricPal mobile app

This thread makes me feel like I've somehow just gone back in time to 1950. Why on Earth would anyone shave or be shaved there? Makes no sense at all.

I was actually expressly forbidden to shave anything (I did consider that maybe I should shave a little belly hair? ). Presurgical nurse said absolutely not to this ....said that people nick themselves, end up with skin infections and have their surgeries cancelled. Apparently, if there are any pesky hairs in the way, they do a surgical clip with electric clippers now...not a shave...blades on skin have much more danger of starting an infection.

I didn't have any hair removal of any sort. Not fuzzy enough, apparently.

But yeah...removing pubic hair for surgery went out of style with enemas and mandatory drain tubes. It's just not routinely done in progressive hospitals anymore.

Edited by Creekimp13

This thread makes me feel like I've somehow just gone back in time to 1950. Why on Earth would anyone shave or be shaved there? Makes no sense at all.

I have been waiting for someone to ask lol!
I have Straight pubes for some reason and they sometimes stick to pads. Pulling undies off resulted in unwanted hair plucking. I considered shaving before surgery because aunt flow was expected a few days later. I just forgot and, Lucky for me, aunt flow didn't show!

Sent from my SM-G930T using BariatricPal mobile app

I had a catheter an definitely was not shaved.

On 22/12/2017 at 5:02 AM, Creekimp13 said:

I was actually expressly forbidden to shave anything (I did consider that maybe I should shave a little belly hair?). Presurgical nurse said absolutely not to this ....said that people nick themselves, end up with skin infections and have their surgeries cancelled. Apparently, if there are any pesky hairs in the way, they do a surgical clip with electric clippers now...not a shave...blades on skin have much more danger of starting an infection.

I didn't have any hair removal of any sort. Not fuzzy enough, apparently.

But yeah...removing pubic hair for surgery went out of style with enemas and mandatory drain tubes. It's just not routinely done in progressive hospitals anymore.

I was told not to shave anywhere at all for a week prior to surgery to avoid infection. Wore paper pants when I went in for my op and woke up still wearing them so don't think vaginal plumage will matter a jot. X

Edited by Christel11

There are so many things to have anxiety about! ::adds to list:::

lol [emoji23]

Ok, I am scheduled for surgery on Feb. 1st. I am asking all you girls that have already undergone sleeve surgery. Did you guys shave it all down there, did you not do that and wake up and it was shaved? Not that I dont keep it nice and trim down there, just wondering if I should do that myself before I go? Im sorry if this is question bothers anyone, I didnt mean to. Thanking you guys in advance

I haven’t had surgery yet so it may be different for WLS, but I had a c section and they shaved me in the OR when they were putting all the iodine and scrubbin my belly. It was not a planned c section though so maybe they would’ve asked? I doubt it though.