Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK Ladies, kinda embarrasing question for you all

Amelie2016 I was lucky enough not to have that issue ( was your razor a little blunt? We're you using a good shaving gel?). It was difficult to shave though, I had problems with my belly being in the way etc. In the end I used a mirror and some patience. I didn't have the option of not doing it though as the nurses will check.

My lowest incisions were at navel. They didn't go down "low", and I had a cath. No instructions to shave. In fact, I had to wipe my body down with these bacterial wipes the night before and morning of surgery. Since I didn't read the instructions on the wipes until the evening of the day I had shaved my legs, I didn't know I WAS NOT supposed to shave within two days of my surgery! I suffered terrible! I about went nuts with the itching it caused on my legs until I finally wiped it off with a washcloth and applied Benedryl lotion!

I wasn't allowed to shave anything the day before surgery. I had a special wash to use the night before and the morning of. No mention of shaving down there at all. I started the day of surgery and they wouldn't even let me have a pad in the OR.

I used a potty chair the first night then went to the bathroom with help the next day. No cath needed.

Good Luck today!!!

My pre-op stuff said shave it yourself before you arrive or they will make me shave it there, however my room comes with a private bathroom so I can do that. There was a sentence/warning saying the nurses may do it for you. That sounded kind of mortifying so I will do myself before getting there. I think it's in case they need to put a catheter in.

On the topic of shaving in general, this is a great big non scale victory for me! Since losing all my weight it is a pleasure to shave my legs!

If I wanted to shave my lady bits, I could do that too, just some loose skin in the way but I can see it!

See, look what you all can look forward to!

I can even shave my legs standing in the shower! Who knew life could be so good!

Funny topic though and love all you guys!

On the topic of shaving in general, this is a great big non scale victory for me! Since losing all my weight it is a pleasure to shave my legs!

If I wanted to shave my lady bits, I could do that too, just some loose skin in the way but I can see it!

See, look what you all can look forward to!

I can even shave my legs standing in the shower! Who knew life could be so good!

Funny topic though and love all you guys!

What is this nonsense you mention about seeing your lady bits? *gasp* ????

I would tell them it's against my religion to shave my pubis. End of discussion. Idiots! Growing hair back in was one of my worst experiences after childbirth. It itches so badly I thought I would go insane.

Okay, I have a "story". I went on a date or two with a guy that told me a story...he and this lady got into shaving each other. One day, she calls from the HOSPITAL because those uncomfortable bumps somehow turned into something really bad - like a nasty bacteria got in there. Her pubic area was swollen huge and it was no joke, a serious problem. She recovered, but he told me looking at that infected swollen pubic zone cured him of any future interest...

I have had surgeries, over the decades in Germany, USA and Mexico and none of them have required or encouraged shaving.

Did she or didn't she??? That's the question of the day.

Today is the day of Adina's surgery. I've sent prayers up for her and am warming her spot on The Losers' Bench, but I would be lying if I didn't admit that I am more than morbidly curious to know: Did she or didn't she"?

sorry if this is question bothers anyone

@@Adina's_Journey

you are too late with your lame attempted apology :angry:

your question really DID bother me!!

don't know what to do, i'm so upset!!

GOTCHA! :lol::D

you were sleeved yesterday, hope all went well

first night can be kind of rough

hope they didn't bother you down "south"!!

i would have said, "are you kidding me!!")

first few nights, "might" be a little rough

you should start to feel normal sooner than later

welcome to sleeveland

good luck

speedy recovery

kathy

I know I am late to the party, as always. I keep things neat down there. I was not requested to shave and they did not shave me. I had a catheter. Yes, you can walk with a catheter.

As far as undies, if they ask you to take them off for the surgery, please take them off. Most of the time when you have general anesthesia you will have a catheter in the OR. Most of the time they will put it in and take it out while you are still under the anesthesia. They do not want you to relax so much during the surgery that you leak or gush. Nobody wants to have to clean that up.

I am glad that I had the catheter the first night. I didn't have to worry about being able to get up quickly to make it to the bathroom. One less thing to worry about the first night.

If I could see down there well enough to shave I wouldn't be needing the surgery! :P

If I could see down there well enough to shave I wouldn't be needing the surgery! :P

My thought exactly! LOL

sounds like a load of .. you know what. they arent doing anything down under-- they did say do not shave your belly..which I thought was funny..but hey probably someone has done that.

this seems made up. sorry.. I would ask again.

just me.. good luck

Well, I'm a day and a half post op, sitting in my hospital bed, hurting like a bitch and glad I shaved. I haven't been allowed to shower re wear underwear under my gown yet yet, but I started my period somewhere between the recovery room and waking up properly yesterday and it was a lot easier to clean up with wet wipes being bare down there.