Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

OK Ladies, kinda embarrasing question for you all

Umm Yeah my incisions were nowhere near that low and I wasn't requested to shave and I didn't wake up shaved. Seems odd to me why they would need that area shaved.

Hmm. No I did not nor did my instructions say anything about it. My incisions were nowhere NEAR my lady bits. Honestly I didn't even shave when I had my hysterectomy (also laproscopically) and there were no mentions then either. I suppose if my paperwork said something about it, I would go ahead and do it myself but I would also ask at pre-op first.

I had a cath and I didn't shave and certainly wasn't shaved while I was out! That would've been awesome though I hate shaving! Hahah!

I find that really strange they would make you shave, I mean for god sake it's just some pubes, part that shit and stick the cath in! ????

I had a cath when my hips were replaced. I couldn't get up for a couple of days. I wasn't told to shave nor was I shaved. I needed help not only going to the bathroom, but cleaning myself after. I saw...and believe me...I still had pubic hair.

Wow! Never heard of such a thing. I would be a little worried about having a surgeon who was doing something so archaic and unnecessary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What the hell?!?

No, no shaving required. No shaving done.

Why in the world are you required to shave your pubic hair?

Out of curiosity, has any male patient ever been required to shave his pubic hair prior to laparoscopic surgery?

There is no physical or medical need to shave off pubic hair. It is actually there to protect your body from infection. It doesn't improve the ability to cath. anyone to be shaved. It's really just shocking that it would even be suggested! I'd question why the surgeon feels the need to shave off a woman's pubic hair when his part of the body to work with is all belly button and above! Sounds to me kind of creepy!

Given the cost of surgery, it really shoud include a free brazilian wax.....

However, there was no mention of it for my WLS, nor when I had my hip replaced.

I did not shave, was not shaved by others and never advised to worry about that. Also, no catheter. However, one of the ways they got me to get up and walk post-op was with threat of inserting a catheter if I didn't get up to pee. It was hard and I was out of it as I wobbled through the recovery area, but I damn sure got up to pee!

There isn't even any hair on the urethral opening, which is where the catheter goes. This requirement boggles the mind.

Heck, most obstetricians don't require shaving for childbirth, which actually involves that general area! And if any of my obstetricians HAD required it, I would have dropped them like a hot potato!

Oh, and can I say one more thing?

As someone born in the late 60's, this whole shaving your pubes thing is weird to me. I'm not saying it's WRONG, just weird.....

That's not to say I haven't done it in the past. But the upkeep and itching was more of a hassel for me than anything. Besides, I keep it trimmed and minimal, so my hubby doesn't mind the natural look :)

@@Babbs

Hijack alert...

DAYUM GIRL, YOU ARE LOOKING FINE!!!!

@@Sharon1964

Even though I don't shave my pubes??

JK. Thanks, lady :) And you are looking quite amazing yourself!!