Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Oklahoma- Bailey medical Center

I've seen a few threads about Bailey but they seem over now. Has anyone been a patient at this facility? I'd really like to get information from someone who's been through the program. Thanks

I just had my surgery 12/21/15 at Bailey! I had a good experience if you have any questions let me know! I used Dr Varnell.

I'm scheduled to meet with Dr. Varnell next month!! Yes I'd love to know about your experience. I'm so anxious.

I wanted to go to Bailey but my insurance does not cover WLS. I am going to Dr. Ronnie Keith and my surgery is on March 16th. If you do not mind me asking who is your insurance company. I have BCBS and they do not pay

Thank you! I was pretty shocked to be honest.

For anyone who has had surgery or who is going through pre-op with Bailey, what is the approximate timeline once you start the process? And do the surgeons there use a drain or not? Thanks!

I started with Bailey on January 18th. That was my orientation. My surgery is scheduled for May 11. Not sure on the drain. I do my pre op with the surgeon on April 25th

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

I just started the process at Bailey and have my first appointments Friday. Insurance requires 6 months supervised diet. I'm concerned because my BMI is 36, if I drop below 35 I do not qualify. I have always gone up and down in weight over the years.

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

Hi, all. I am going through Bailey too! I really feel GREAT about the program. Dr. Kirk (medical director) is precious and the "navigator" who organizes the schedule and all support is awesome. Timeline is like this so far:

Orientation April 14

First consult April 28

Required support group meeting on May 9

Required Primary Care appointment with formal referral on May 11

First round of appointments on May 18 (psychologist, nutritionist, exercise therapist)

Cardiologist on May 19

Second consult on May 23

I'm waiting on the hospital to call me and schedule a couple other things... hoping & praying that they fit in May too!

If I can get all these appointments and tests done in May, we will then submit it to BCBS for final approval. They DO cover the surgery (really well!) but they have to approve my claim.

Fingers crossed that June 28 will be my SLEEVE date.

Sitting feeling my first round of appointments sad my counselor appointment passed with flying colors she told me I was more prepared for this than most patients but I do have to go through a 6 month diet plan before insurance will approve me very exciting

Sent from my SM-N920T using the BariatricPal App

Do the Dr's at Bailey advise you lose weight? My bmi is 41.2 with no comorbibitys. Insurance requires 6 or 3 month but do Dr's?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using the BariatricPal App

It's really dependent upon your insurance. The program wants you to learn and put to use the information they provide. You'll want to follow everything they say. This was the best decision I've ever made for myself and my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner.

I know all the appointments seem over kill, but you'll be glade you went to them. You need to develop the skills and discipline to maintain. WLS is not a permanent fix. You can gain your weight back. Try to start losing weight before your surgery. I wish I lost more prior.

At my first appointment with Dr Kirk on 1-18-16, I weighed in at 299.

My surgery was on May 11th, and surgery weight was 274.

Today, almost 4 months post op, I weigh 218.

Words can't describe how happy I am with this decision. Bailey has a great team and program. Just do everything they say, and watch your life change.

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

Did they recommend you lose weight prior too surgery or was it a requirement? Who was your surgeon?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using the BariatricPal App