Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Disappointed doesn't even begin to describe what I currently feel...

Heard back from Dari and things look promising. I hope to know more tomorrow.

But hey...guess what?

I just found out that my surgery was approved! I'm in complete shock! I called UHC to get some documentation from my call back in October to send to Dari. The nurse advocate decided SHE wanted to check the status of my file herself. She came back a few minutes later with my case #!!!! I still can't wrap my head around it! I thank you all for your words of encouragement and not letting me get down over all of this insurance mess. ????

Congratulations!

Thank you so much!

I thought I was disappointed before. Now I'm just pissed.

Long story short- after talking with Tonya this morning...my file hasn't even been submitted. UHC must have been looking at my EGD approval when we spoke last night and relayed the wrong information to me. I specifically asked UHC when she told me I had been approved, if it was for Gastric Bypass. She said yes and congratulated me.

This emotional roller coaster is so unfair. And for today...I quit.

Edited by sassyfrass23

I thought I was disappointed before. Now I'm just pissed.

Long story short- after talking with Tonya this morning...my file hasn't even been submitted. UHC must have been looking at my EGD approval when we spoke last night and relayed the long information to me. I specifically asked UHC when she told me I had been approved, if it was for Gastric Bypass. She said yes and congratulated me.

This emotional roller coaster is so unfair. And for today...I quit.

Oh no :( I'm so sorry! Totally not fair!!

I'm so sorry to hear that.

Friday's news was less than ideal, but I did leave out a HUGE piece of info that goes with my original post:

After Dari had a conference call with UHC Friday morning, she emailed me later and said that after much discussion with the VP of HR and their UHC rep, they are going to waive the 6 month waiting period. So whenever I am actually approved, I'll be able to schedule my surgery almost immediately (have to allow 2 weeks for preop diet).

I'm in much higher spirits today and have enjoyed some time away this weekend to get my mind off of things.

Thanks again for everyone's support and kind words.

My file SHOULD BE submitted this week....finally. So I will update whenever I hear something :)

Try to get something in writing regarding the waiver so you don't run into issues down the road.

I have an email from Dari stating that. Do you think that will suffice?

Geeesh what a mess. I'm so glad you're getting it sorted out and sorry you had to go through this

Geeesh what a mess. I'm so glad you're getting it sorted out and sorry you had to go through this

Ahhh! Thank you! I'll get there one way or another, I suppose! Perseverance..

:)

Ugh. This is so ridiculous! Do they realize they are messing with a real person here? I hate the insurance companies when they pull this kind of stuff. It is just so wrong. Hang in their sassy.

I know, @@Renkoss ! The whole situation floored me. I'm looking forward to surgery.....DEFINITELY! But I'm more anxious to be done with THIS part of the process. I just want to relax and stop wondering if they have received my file, approved my file, denied my file, lost my file...etc.

Try to get something in writing regarding the waiver so you don't run into issues down the road.

I have an email from Dari stating that. Do you think that will suffice?

If possible try to get something from insurance company or hopefully your HR rep may have email from insurance Co.

Friday's news was less than ideal, but I did leave out a HUGE piece of info that goes with my original post:

After Dari had a conference call with UHC Friday morning, she emailed me later and said that after much discussion with the VP of HR and their UHC rep, they are going to waive the 6 month waiting period. So whenever I am actually approved, I'll be able to schedule my surgery almost immediately (have to allow 2 weeks for preop diet).

I'm in much higher spirits today and have enjoyed some time away this weekend to get my mind off of things.

Thanks again for everyone's support and kind words.

My file SHOULD BE submitted this week....finally. So I will update whenever I hear something :)

That is wonderful news! WOOHOO!