Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Junk Food Junkies care go join me?

I have finally put down the fork of denial and am fully admitting to being a junk food junkie. I crave sweets, I eat sweets, I crave chips/crackers, I eat chips/crackers. I am fully admitting that this band will NOT hinder me from consuming these easy foods! I am fully admitting that I MUST NOT eat these things. I can't even give in a little, because, as an addict, one is never enough. All my diet life, I've said "everything in moderation". Well, at this point in my life, I can not moderate my junk. So, I am making a VERY tough decision to eat NO junk food whatsoever for the entire month of August! This is very easy to type, but not so easy to live by. This will be difficult on my birthday, but tough snoogies! I've had cake before, I know what it tastes like, I'm not really missing anything!

Anyone else need to put down the fork of denial with me and join me in banning junk for one month? It's sometimes easier to do this when others are going through it with you.

Heck, I'm even considering looking up the twelve steps from AA and going through them in August. Am I nutz????

OK Musicalmomma I'm in this with you. Junk food is my down fall. I need to give it up too. I can do it for one month. Hopefully one month will turn into two and so on, but let's start with one month. We can do this. Your right it is easier if your not doing it alone.

You are not alone. My DH bought a huge bag of dark chocolate peanut m & m's. I cannot stop eating them. I asked him not to buy them for a while. I have been eating junk food non stop since a week ago Friday. Last Sunday was my 40th birthday so the friday before one of my co-workers baked me a cake. So that Friday on I have been eating so much junk food. We had a party for me and everyone brought some thing. There was chip/crackers and dip and so much other stuff. I just seem not to be able to resist all that stuff. I try to be good, but I swear I can hear the junk food calling me. Though when it is finally gone I hope not to buy anymore for a little while.

Hey I think we were seperated at birth. I don't know what moderation is when it comes to sweets. I can live without bread and Pasta and eat healthy, but when it comes to sweets I am so out of control. It's all or nothing. I need to mlose 10 pounds to get banded on 08/31 so count me in!

I have finally put down the fork of denial and am fully admitting to being a junk food junkie. I crave sweets, I eat sweets, I crave chips/crackers, I eat chips/crackers. I am fully admitting that this band will NOT hinder me from consuming these easy foods! I am fully admitting that I MUST NOT eat these things. I can't even give in a little, because, as an addict, one is never enough. All my diet life, I've said "everything in moderation". Well, at this point in my life, I can not moderate my junk. So, I am making a VERY tough decision to eat NO junk food whatsoever for the entire month of August! This is very easy to type, but not so easy to live by. This will be difficult on my birthday, but tough snoogies! I've had cake before, I know what it tastes like, I'm not really missing anything!

Anyone else need to put down the fork of denial with me and join me in banning junk for one month? It's sometimes easier to do this when others are going through it with you.

Heck, I'm even considering looking up the twelve steps from AA and going through them in August. Am I nutz????

AMEN!!

And "I've had cake before, I know what it tastes like, I'm not really missing anything!" <-- thats what my Granny says!!! I try to do that, and it works about 50% of the time. Today I bought ice cream. That is my biggest downfall. Ice cream, then chocolate, then everything else sweet.

Hopefully, in giving these things up for 1 month we will no longer crave them. I know that after only a couple weeks of no diet coke and i was not missing it at all. I haven't had fast food since before Lent, and i don't miss that at all either. I've already given up so many vices... I think sweets need to come next. I will NOT lose weight as long as I can consume ice cream. I know this to be true because I know ME!

MM, this is a great idea and I'm loving you for it! As for the 12 steps, I think that over eaters annon has 12 steps too. Those might be more up our alley as far as the goals... does anyone know those??

i found overeaters 12 step on line here they are:

The Twelve Steps of Overeaters Anonymous

1. <LI class=body_text span>We admitted we were powerless over food — that our lives had become unmanageable.</SPAN> <LI class=body_text span>Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.</SPAN> <LI class=body_text span>Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.</SPAN> <LI class=body_text span>Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.</SPAN> <LI class=body_text span>Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.</SPAN> <LI class=body_text span>Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.</SPAN> <LI class=body_text span>Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.</SPAN> <LI class=body_text span>Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.</SPAN> <LI class=body_text span>Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.</SPAN> <LI class=body_text span>Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.</SPAN> <LI class=body_text span>Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.</SPAN>
  2. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to compulsive overeaters and to practice these principles in all our affairs

(Hey Huntersmom! I found them too.)

The Twelve Steps of Overeaters Anonymous

1. We admitted we were powerless over food — that our lives had become unmanageable.
  2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity.
  3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of God as we understood Him.
  4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves.
  5. Admitted to God, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our wrongs.
  6. Were entirely ready to have God remove all these defects of character.
  7. Humbly asked Him to remove our shortcomings.
  8. Made a list of all persons we had harmed and became willing to make amends to them all.
  9. Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
  10. Continued to take personal inventory and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
  11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.
  12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these Steps, we tried to carry this message to compulsive overeaters and to practice these principles in all our affairs.

I love sweets too---too much to give them up---so i can't join you. I have found that peach tea crystal light satisfies my needs for sweets and cinnamon applesauce-----If I want a cookie--I'll eat a portion of it (hopefully) PRAY FOR ME!!!

I am with you all. I had been doing so good until the last week. Now, i am craving everything. I am not bad with sweets, it is the salty, crunchy things that I can't control. I need to do something. I have stayed at the same weight for one month. I feel like such a failure. I go on Tuesday for my second fill, and am hoping that I will feel some restriction. Everything goes down way to easy for me. I have had absolutly no trouble with thing getting stuck, or feeling too full. I feel like nothing was ever done to my stomach.

I will try my darndnest to give up the junk food for one month. It sure can't hurt.

Count me in. I've been doing really well since a week ago and that's when I lost it. Now I'm snacking on things that I shouldn't be.

My name is Lucy and I'm a Junkfoodaholic.

I'm with a lot of you. I was doing really well until about a week ago. Now I can't stop eating things that I shouldn't. I'm on my 7th week post-op and I still haven't gotten my first fill - arrrrrrgh!!! Maybe that will help. I keep saying to myself "OK - tomorrow we're back on track" I start off good then by mid to late afternoon I'm done. It's sooooo frustrating. What's wrong with me?!!!

This continued struggle with food, and having to face making 'right' choices just solidifys my decicion that I NEEDED this surgery!

Well today is day one of my one month challenge. I find myself remarkably inspired today! I was afraid I would be "afraid", but so far, so good...at 8:22am! hahahaha!!!

Side bar: It is BUGGING the HECK out of me that I can't edit the Subject line of my original post! "go" was supposed to be "to". I'm sure you wonderful people already figured that out.

Back to the subject at hand: I got some nice healthy varieties of fruits and foods, so I have the tools I need...now I need to just suck it up and do it!

How's the rest of us JunkFoodAholoics doing?

I am and always will be a junk food junkie. One thing I have replaced my candy bars with is a GREAT protien bar. It is called Triple Threat. It has chocolate, carmel & crispy. 10 grams of protien and tastes AWSOME. I love it. I never know that it isn't candy. :)