Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cardio Machines At The Gym.

I given up on cardio machines at the gym. I find them boring. My gym has several different options but I don't care for any. So before gym I go walking (minimum 3miles). After that I get on one of the machines for about ten minutes and then do either my upper or lower body whichever day it is.

I find them boring, but I love that I can up the resistance, so I do them. I have a playlist that is exactly 30 min and I MAKE myself finish it... I'll add more to 45 min eventually. I;ve also found watching youtube videos on my phone helps, takes my mind off of staring at the stupid machine telling me how much more I have to do! haha

I agree, I was getting bored with them 2. I am lucky to belong to a good gym, granted its more expensive than others, however I love it because I get to the classes. I burn just as many calories going to glow aerobics where I do hip hop dancing for 50 min than I do getting on that treadmill.

I am totally bored with them. So bored that I'd rather poke my eyes out.

Especially the elliptical.

Bor-ing!

I'm at a new gym where they have alot of live and virtual classes.

I find them awesome and motivating! I like the virtual more so than the live.

I do the spin, body pump, body combat, and Zumba classes!

They make me sweat buckets and I feel amazing afterwards!

And they range between 30-60 minutes so everyday I'm getting in my exercise goals and it doesn't feel like I lost a bazillion years!

And I love doing stuff outside. I'll never get bored of hiking or biking outside :)

Get a good pair of noise cancelling headphones, some really good music, and you will forget you're even on a machine but your mind will go someplace else.....eventually, with continuous practice, you will get a runners High...then you are not even aware you are running and can go all day.

I find them boring, too. I even think with music, they're boring. I take a tablet and watch TV shows/movies (Amazon instant lets you download episodes to watch offline since my gym doesn't have WiFi) while doing my cardio and switch to music when lifting weights afterwards.

An hour-long group fitness class goes by so much faster for me than 30 minutes on a machine. I use the machines in a pinch, like when it's in the 20s and I'd rather not walk outside and no classes fit my schedule that day. If I'm only doing a machine once a week or so it's bearable.

I found that a good book on tape makes the time pass more quickly too. Audible.com has some good ones, I believe.

I hope that helps.

pam

I'm getting better on cardio machines these days. Still prefer the outdoors. Recent rain has been keeping me in the gym more.