Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stretched Sleeve

So, yeah. I'm thinking I'm going to dust off the old Sodastream and do my little N+1 on that sucker. Water is water and gas gets burped. If it feels weird, I'll put it back in the pantry. If not, I'm drinking it.

I have said on these forums time and time again. While advice from surgeons and nutritionists should certainly be heeded during the healing stages, ultimately, we are the ones that have to live the rest of our lives and find the balance that works for us. I think it's very important to understand the guidelines and why they may be important and then make an educated decision about how you want to live the rest of your life. I have seen posters on these forums who drink carbonation, drink through a straw, eat and drink at the same time, etc. and have successfully lost and maintained their weight. The trick is figuring out if YOU are capable of doing that. I have made the CHOICE not to drink carbonated beverages, drink through a straw (most of the time), and not eat and drink at the same time. While those were all guidelines I was given in the beginning, it has been MY decision to continue following them based on my own priorities and experiences. We all ultimately have to find our own way to live this life long term.

My post-op experience has been that carbonation turns on my stomach acid machine and ai yi yi!

I don't worry about carbonation stretching my sleeve. But I really, really, really cannot make carbonated sodas part of my regular drinking regimen without inviting massive GERD.

Not gonna repeat that experiment! ;)

Just sayin'. And, as always, feel free to conduct your own experiments. Your mileage may vary.

It's amazing how many "expert doctors" are on this site. We are so blessed that they choose to share their "knowledge" with us.

It's amazing how many "expert doctors" are on this site. We are so blessed that they choose to share their "knowledge" with us.

Or people who are just "living their lives post weight loss surgery" and "know what has worked for them".

Or people who are just "living their lives post weight loss surgery" and "know what has worked for them".

Funny thing, @@Babbs, I kind of thought that's what these silly old things called "discussion forums" were for. Huh.

;)

Yes, forums are everyone becomes an expert and know more than doctors.

We are all doctors because we share info and experiences?

I could picture my mother: "My son the doctor, a mother should be so proud". :)

We are all doctors because we share info and experiences?

I could picture my mother: "My son the doctor, a mother should be so proud". :)

I'm not a doctor in real life, I just play one (unknowingly) on bp.com. :D

HEAR YE! HEAR YE!

THERE WILL BE NO MORE MEDICAL RELATED QUESTIONS ON BP.COM BECAUSE WE ARE NOT DOCTORS AND CAN'T POSSIBLY KNOW FROM OUR OWN EXPERIENCES BECAUSE OF OUR LACK OF MEDICAL DEGREE.

Thanks,

Management

I have no doubt the collective knowledge from first hand experience of forum members far exceeds any single doctor or nutritionist. It may be conflicting at times but it is actual, real life knowledge, not just "book learnin"

I have done well to just read through and keep my lips zipped, but someone stirring the pot to purposely cause hard feelings when people are having a discussion about their experiences is RIDICULOUS and I had to say so. How is discussing individual experiences the same as being a medical professional?? GEEZ LOUISE people!! GROW UP! That is all.

@@wannaBthinsoon

You go girl! Love it!