Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what vitamins and protein sources did you love the best?

Hello everyone! I am new to this. I have been wanting this for SO long, and now it is finally here. I was denied the first time, due to one of my BMI numbers being .3 points off. That was discouraging however, I knew how badly I wanted to change my life. I have been fighting being overweight my entire 28 years. Just 2 weeks ago I was finally approved and was completely ecstatic! I had my pre-op appointments today, and in less than 2 weeks I will finally have my surgery. My main questions are this: what multi-Vitamins work the best, and also what Protein shakes and other Protein sources would you recommend? Any other helpful tips going forward is also appreciated!

Thank you!

There are tons* tons of Protein drinks out there. Some are better than others. powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury is one of the top rated quality Protein sources. I used them during my 2 week pre-op diet. They are good to add sugar free syrups & PB2 to for flavor.

Post surgery I have been drinking Premier Protein chocolate.. 30 gr of protein in 160 Cal. RTD 11 oz drinks. It takes me about 1 hr to get the 11oz down. Again I add things to it. PB2 is a staple for me. It's a powdered Peanut Butter.

Vitamins- you'll be on them forever

I used Centrum vitamints

And chewable Calcium chews with D3. (Chocolate) Both available at the pharmacy. I liked both of these.

I'm trying Bariatric Advantage berry multi Vitamins.. Yuck

Bariatric Advantage caramel Calcium chews- not bad

Good luck :)

Congratulations!! I'm thinking of trying liquid vitamins because I don't eat gelatin.... We'll see how this goes

Thank you for the helpful tips! i start my 7 day liquid diet on Monday. This will be tough for me as i have headaches when i dont eat. I hope it goes well. I had heard that unjury was a good brand and my Surgeon's office told me to try prohealth bariatric Vitamins bc you'll only have to take one a day + a Calcium supplement. I'm so encouraged!

KEEP THE TIPS COMING! :)

For Vitamins I just got Centrum chewable Multivitamins as well as the dissolvable B12 and Biotin from Walmart. Inexpensive but does what it's meant to! I ordered powdered calcium citrate from vitacost, I mix it in to my Crystal Light. It's tasteless just a little chalky.

I also bought Now Foods unflavored Protein isolate (the isolate part is important, the unflavored concentrate is disgusting) from Amazon for only $20 and I mix it in to Crystal Light and I drink it all day! It has a slight flavor, it kind of makes the Crystal Light taste like Jello, but I found I couldn't tolerate any milky Protein drinks after surgery. The Syntrax Nextars were okay, but I still didn't LIKE them like I hoped I would. The Cappuccino flavor was delicious before I had surgery but now I don't tolerate it well.

It's certainly been trial and error figuring out what my sleeve likes. If I liked it before surgery I might not like it now :(

Congratulations! I started with pre mixed Premier Protein shakes that you can get from Walmart, Sam's or costco. I like chocolate but did not like the strawberry or vanilla. I also keep Syntax unflavored Protein that you can add to anything for a protein boost. I especially enjoyed it during the liquid phase in broth or Soup as an option to get away from sweet stuff.

Post op I have more of a taste for shakes made from powder rather than pre mixed. I love VCORE Cookies and Cream from Complete Nutrition.

@@mykdzmom it seems we have the same surgeon! He seems pretty great! Can't wait!