Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Losing weight & finding other alarming things.

So last night I'm getting ready for bed and felt a large lump on my sternum. Right above my breasts.

I called first thing this morning and they fit me in this afternoon. It measures 3cmx 1 cm. I have to go for a sonogram to rule out anything serious. She thinks it is a lipoma. She said it could've been there for a long time but now noticeable since I've lost 25 lbs. ????

Edited by cindyw41

I hope it isn't serious, but it would be funny if it was a rib you have not felt in years. ;-) Keep us posted.

I definitely haven't felt my ribs in years. ???? This is too far up for that.

So last night I'm getting ready for bed and felt a large lump on my sternum. Right above my breasts.

I called first thing this morning and they fit me in this afternoon. It measures 3in x 1 inch. I have to go for a sonogram to rule out anything serious. She thinks it is a lipoma. She said it could've been there for a long time but now noticeable since I've lost 25 lbs. ????

Sorry Cindy you're going through this. I will be praying for you. All will be good, you will be happy with your husband and two kids and healthy in Jesus Name, Amen!!

Sorry you are going through this hopefully it is a lipoma. I have a couple on my stomach and a few on my legs. I also had a lump in my breast that turned out to be gristle!

Thank you everyone. Hopefully the results won't take long. I'm going in the morning for the sonogram.

Update :). I went for my sonogram today. The technician was a little alarmed at what she saw so she brought the radiologist in the room for him to look at this. Good news.. Apparently it is just scar tissue from a surgery I had as a child 30+ years ago. He wants me to repeat the test in 6 months just to be sure it hasn't gotten bigger.

Great news Cindy!!

Great to hear! I also had something unexpected found due to this path...and like you turned out to be a benign tumor. A relief and also a little confirming that I'm making the right choices...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great news!!

Good news!!! Whew!

You must be relieved!

I was relived but it was also an ah-ha moment. I knew losing weight would be life changing I just wasn't expecting to have to relearn my bodies bumps and lumps lol