Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

what did you take to help with bowel movements

weetabix - cool!!!

okay jachut what is vegemite??????

Its a yeast extract,a little like Marmite or Promite. But its unique. Thick, about the consistency of margarine and completely black. Its a spread, you eat it on toast, or in sandwiches. Most Aussies adore the stuff. Most people from the rest of the world gag on it, or at the very thought of it. You cant describe the flavour. But its very high in folate!

dont worry it will come , I went ages and not to sound nasty but when it did come it was fine:cool:, Remeber you are not eating much so its proberly waiting until you have enough!!!!:bounce:

I think I went 1 week and then it came........:whoo:

And then nothing for a few more days............... and then it came.:whoo:

once I started to eat more it was fine.

you are fine dont worry it will come. you dont want to give yourselve the runs!!!:)

I was banded 7/28 so 4 days post op & was having "bowell issues" I tried the Gerbers apple & prune juice, worked like a charm!!! I think it was Faithmds suggestions! The juice is also very good & will add it to my diet.

Thanks

My dr recommended Milk of Magnesia to me, it worked wonderful. A word to the wize take it easy don't take a lot. Don't ask me how I know this! lol

I was only 4 days out of surgery so its ok to use.

Thanks Jachut.

I need some Aussie products as I having a hard time on the Fluid diet in day 4. Miso Soup is really not that nourishing as I am feleing a little weak & tired. So I am going out tomorrow to by WEETBIX NOT wheatabix please all say it right as George Greagan may have a fit (Sorry to all who dont know the Aussie ad). Some heinz baby food will be good.

And to all about Vegimite well my description would probably be the taste of a liquid Guiness. Full of lovely Vitamins.:hungry:

Cheers Jo

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

Still purging all of the larger clothing. This morning, a shirt that I ADORED wearing ended up on top. Hard to let it go, but it was also hard to let go of those habits that also no longer serve my highest good. Onward and upward!
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Onedayatatime365

Looking to connect with others who are also on the journey of better health. Post-Op Gastric Sleeve (4/11/24).
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Happy Wednesday!

I hope everyone is having a lovely week so far! 
      It's been a bit of a struggle this last week...I'm hungry ALL the time.
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Have a great Wednesday too! Sorry you're hungry all the time, I'm pretty much the same..and I'm sick of eating the same food all the time.

• ChunkCat

Well, tomorrow I go in for an impromptu hiatal hernia repair after ending up in the ER over the weekend because I couldn't get food down and water was moving at a trickle... I've been having these symptoms on and off for a few weeks but Sunday was the worst by far and came with chest pain and trouble breathing. The ER PA thinks it is just esophagitis and that the surgeon and radiologist are wrong. But the bariatric surgeon swears it is a hernia, possibly a sliding one based on my symptoms. So he fit me into his schedule this week to repair it! I hope he's right and this sorts it out. He's going to do a scope afterwards to be sure there is nothing wrong with the esophagus. Here's hoping it all goes well!!
      · 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

omgsh!! Hope all goes well!! Keeping you in my thoughts!

2. gracesmommy2

Hope you’re doing well!

3. NickelChip

I hope it goes well! Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery!

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches