Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is the longest stall you've had and at what months after post op were they until you finally dropped?

My stall started at 8 weeks out and I'm still the same weight at 14 weeks. I've list inches just hoping the scale will drop some day soon.

Morning Sleever54. Just weighed myself and I've stalled again! I had a stall for about three weeks, lost a few lbs and am back in a stall again! Like you, the inches are going, but the scale is staying put. I'm doing loads of walking, eating all my Protein, bit low on the Water this week but being in the UK loads of cups of tea!!! My dogs are exhausted, their legs are getting shorter and THEIR waistlines are looking great. I'm not going to get myself into a state as everyone who knows what I have been up to surgery wise have noticed the difference in how I look. I'm nearly 13 weeks post op so much the same as you. Just hang in there. Just imagine all that lard and suet that has been hanging around on your frame is now disappearing but you are building beautiful, lean, sleek muscle. By the way, a row I had at weight watchers about fat and muscle weighing the same-it's crap. I'm a butcher's daughter and know that volume for volume the lean flesh weighs sooooo much more than the fat. So, whilst our fat volume is decreasing our lean mass is increasing. As everyone says, embrace the stall.

My longest stall was four weeks. Try tracking month to month rather than day to day or even week to week. Just to give you an example of how I lost my weight month to month:

13.8 lbs (pre-op)

21.8 lbs 1st month

8.6 lbs 2nd month

8.6 lbs 3rd month

8 lbs 4th month

7.1 lbs 5th month

4.7 lbs 6th month

5 lbs 7th month

10 lbs 8th month (ate super clean)

4.8 lbs 9th month

1.4 lbs 10th month

1.4 lbs 11th month

2.6 lbs 12th month

2 lbs 13th month

I'm now 1.6 from my goal weight, then I want to lose an additional 5 for a bounce range. As you can see, with the exception of month 8, the amount of weight I lost month to month lessened. There were times I went weeks with no loss then I'd lose some and then I wouldn't lose again for weeks. I actually gained 6 lbs in December (damn cakes and cookies) but I was able to lose it all and an additional 2 lbs but my chart above doesn't show that because I only track my losses from my lowest weight to my lowest weight. Also, make sure you are taking measurements and pictures! When the scale wasn't moving, I was either dropping inches or noticed my skin tightening.

Edited by KristenVSG2014

I feel better now. I'm stuck at 203. I'm also losing inches. I lost a full size in jeans in the past week, but I just want to drop below 200! It's getting psychological, lol. I haven't been looking everyday, but when I do look, I fluctuate between 202 and 206.

It helps knowing I'm not alone. I'm only 5 weeks out and I'm a bit ahead of schedule anyway at 30 lbs lost. So I'll try not to be a pouted!

I really do appreciate others posting. Good luck!

Guys, don't stress. Stalls, although really annoying, are actually part of the whole weight loss process. If you looked at weight loss on a graph, it looks more like steps of stairs as opposed to a solid downward slope. In the first stages of weight loss after surgery, stalls are just the body taking a break after the large losses. A little further out, our bodies get used to the calorie deficit and gets complacent and stops losing. That's when it's time to re evaluate your plan and maybe change things up a bit to get things moving again. And sometimes you just gotta ride them out ;)

Like I said, annoying but a normal, natural part of the weight loss process that we begrudgingly have to accept and even, as the awesome @@Inner Surfer Girl says, embrace.

On at , Babbs said:

Guys, don't stress. Stalls, although really annoying, are actually part of the whole weight loss process. If you looked at weight loss on a graph, it looks more like steps of stairs as opposed to a solid downward slope. In the first stages of weight loss after surgery, stalls are just the body taking a break after the large losses. A little further out, our bodies get used to the calorie deficit and gets complacent and stops losing. That's when it's time to re evaluate your plan and maybe change things up a bit to get things moving again. And sometimes you just gotta ride them out ;)

Like I said, annoying but a normal, natural part of the weight loss process that we begrudgingly have to accept and even, as the awesome @@Inner Surfer Girl says, embrace.

I haven’t had a stall as of yet as only 4 week post op but what would you recommend when you said to “change things up”. How did you overcome any stalls as I really would like to be prepared in advance for when I do hit that obstacle. Im not afraid of stalls as I understand the reasons behind them. The weight wasn’t gained in a year and so naturally losing it fast in a year will make the body want to have a break but what kind of things would you say break the stall. tia