Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my sleeve on 1/21. My doctor has me drinking 15ml every 10 minutes for 2 weeks. I haven't had any nausea or committing bi hope you feel better soon.

Oh gosh! To all of you struggling a few days out, just know that it gets better. Everything you are going through is perfectly normal and reasonable! I think the ones that come through this "feeling great" are more rare than it seems. You just had MAJOR surgery and I can tell you after having a LOT of major surgery in my life that Day 2-3 are the worst. (Even drs will tell you that.) So just hang in there. Rest. Your body needs it. When you are awake, sip and walk and DO NOT BE AFRAID to take that pain med. It does taste bad but it is only seconds. Just take it. You might try a heating pad (or even ice pack - I did both) on your stomach. You are supposed to work up to 64 oz so do not fret if you are only getting in 30 oz (and know that your Protein shake DOES count towards Fluid goals). I promise it does get better. It might not necessarily be an upward trajectory of better. It could be good some days and then not some days but I promise you that when you look back at this post in 2 or 3 months, you will smile ear to ear and this will be a distant memory. Hang in there!! You just have to get through the beginning.

I was also sleeved on 20th. I hope you are feeling much better. I have to admit I've had a remarkably easy 4 days. Only blip has been a 2 hour bathroom episode yesterday but with success so was worth it! Pain killer, anaesthetic and immobility are a real recipe for Constipation. I need to up my fluids, just don't seem to be enough hours in the day! Am scared I'm in a honeymoon period so by no means complacent! Do hope you soon feel a lot better xx

I was sleeved on the 20th as well. This is day 3 for me. I was miserable to and instantly thought what did I do to myself. I do feel better today but I am no where near meeting my liquid and Protein goals. Gas spasms in stomach are lessening and are not as strong as they were. I can't use my cpap cause it causes me to have more gas. Still hoping each day I feel stronger. I am more awake today. I to thought I would be one to handle this easily but boy was I wrong!!

I hear you my surgery was on the 19th and it's like you're saying exactly what I'm feeling I'm just sitting here regretting everything GOD bless you and everybody going through this.

I had my surgery the 18th, so I am 5 days out and already feeling much better. Still working toward Fluid and Protein goals but pain is much better and swallowing/drinking is easier. I had a rough first few days buy it gets a little easier every day.

Totally agree with you! Mine was on the 18th too!

@@jessmarie0122

I had a horrible first 2 weeks. So nauseated, couldn't drink, felt miserable and cried all the time. I regretted my decision more than you can possibly imagine! I ended up back in the hospital 2 days after surgery for severe dehydration.

Ok... that is the bad.

The good is that on day 9 everything changed. I started to feel a lot better. The nausea went away and I could take bigger sips of Water. I will tell you that I HATED drinking. It was the most horrible and annoying thing for me personally. It didn't matter what it was I hated it. BUT day 9 was the turning point for me. I am 5 months out now (holy cow can't believe it) and I love life.

What I needed to hear at the point you are at now is that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I promise it will get better and once you hit the 30 day mark it will be so wonderful you won't even remember the first few weeks. Just hang in there and know that we are here for you.

It's been one week and I feel so much better!!! Thanks for all the support!

It's been one week and I feel so much better!!! Thanks for all the support!

Oh I am so happy to hear this!

I was sleeved on Tuesday the 26th and your thread and all the responses just described my life right now. Period and all!

today is Day 4 for me, and maybe a tad better, but still can't get 40 oz. in so the dr. has me back at the hospital for IV hydration sessions today and tomorrow, and prescribed an anti-nausea med....I envy those who don't seem to have any difficulty! The only thing I can really tolerate are popsicles... :(

I'm better but still not getting in the complete liquid goal or Protein goal. My dr office said that was normal, to just set small goals. Even if it's just to add half and ounce every other hour of Water. And from what I can tell, few people start out meeting these goals. I did go to the ER on the 5th day. I didn't feel bad but I wanted to make sure I wasn't getting too dehydrated. I have really struggled with the protein. The powdered shakes have all tasted awful. I also tried the Isopure drinks and they were too chalky. The only shake I can tolerate is the GNC total lean in the chocolate ready to drink bottles. A lot of the shakes (muscle milk, nectar, Bariatric advantage) they all tasted SO sweet!!!! I did however blend some van camps chili this afternoon. Got a good bit of protein. And it was so good. I little less bland that the chicken broth and blended Soups I've had. Another thing that was good and felt nice on my tummy was blended oatmeal. I'm really tired of the liquids thing but I keep trying different things to try to keep a variety. sugar free Jello, applesauce, I also purchased some of these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B004QZBEFU/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1 they have been great! They have measurement lines (also come in a 2 oz cup) they are BPA free so perfect to go from fridge or freezer to microwave and I know when I get to two ounces and can put a lid on it and come back to it later. Sorry for such a long post!!

it is so good to hear it gets better! thanks for the tips, jessmarie0122

@@jessmarie0122 I had issues with the Isopure as well. I made up my own concoction to get the liquid and Protein down.

Mix:

8oz of the clear isopure ready to drink

8oz of matching color of Gatorade or Powerade Zero

8 oz of Water

It gives you flavor, Protein and liquids all in one plus it isn't chalky. I would drink one of those every day for the first month or two.

Great post with lots of information and assurance! I was sleeved on Monday the 25th and the first day home was absolutely miserable. As of yesterday, and even more so today I am feeling pretty good!!! Haven't needed to take any pain meds. Only struggling to get enough fluids in. Just focusing on that and resting so I do not over exert myself. Other than that, just a little sore on the incision sites (but that's to be expected) Goodluck and well wishes to everyone!!!!

@@kranky813

it is so good to read stories like yours! it makes me hopeful! today is day 5 for me and after 2 IV infusions, I am feeling better, not great, but better, just some shoulder pain, and that queasy feeling.....still have difficulty getting the liquids down, and with feelings that I'll never be "normal" again...