Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Is my lapband too full?

Skipped getting fills during December. Went back and told my PA I thought I was in green zone, She wanted to see me one more time to make sure every thing was on before releasing me for a year.

First off I told her I was comfortable but not losing weight. She went ahead and injected me with a small amount. She said some people live with between 5-8 cm. what I have as of yesterday is 5.56cm, Today I feel like everything including tea is bubbling in my throat. Some parts of the day is fine..eating ..no indigestion then other time it feels like I am having trouble getting even liquid to go down..I am still on soft food from 2nd day injection..Is this something I need to bring to attention of the doctor...Will it go away since it has been about 2 months since fill?

Your Comments would be appreciated

Lapband 5/4/15

It sounds to me like you are a very close to being tight. For me it usually takes about 2-3 weeks for a fill to settle in around my band and for me to begin to feel the changes. If you are able to deal with it and your not feeling sick or uncomfortable and you are losing weight again...I might wait it out.

If however you are having any issues, swallowing or re- flux of any kind I would give the doctor a call and have just a tiny bit removed so that your comfortable.

When I get sick I usually need to have some Fluid out of the band because of the extra grossness that comes with a cold...and if it's more than a cold the antibiotics always cause my stomach to become irritated despite the protonix and Probiotics I take, and as soon as swallowing becomes an issue for me I just go in and have a bit removed until I'm better and off the antibiotics. I give the stomach a week or so to heal, and then have the Fluid put back in.

See how your feeling and if your uncomfortable give the doctor a call they can take out as much as .1cc and that would make all the difference.

Thank you Lisa, I didn't realize when you are close to tight it takes a while for the stomach to adjust. I am not have any reflux at all so I am just going to wait for a while and take my protonix. and see how it goes since my next appointment is February. Thank you so much for your information.

I am noticing that hormonal changes effect the band, as does the weather. And stress, of course. I have a test for myself, salmon and broccoli (eaten slowly, of course, chewed thoroughly). I need to be able to swallow those foods comfortably. A friend on here always makes sure she can swallow a couple of Tylenol before leaving her surgeon's office after a fill. So I guess we all develop our own little systems for gauging where we are with our bands. Good luck to you -- and don't be afraid to go talk it over with your doctor. The green zone is a range, of course. A zone. You can have a little put in or taken out while still remaining in that range. Like many others, it takes a while for my fills to settle in but I would know right away if I needed to go back for a tiny unfill: any kind of reflux or swallowing difficulties with liquids.