Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What does it feel like right afterwards?

Nope. Not at all. For me right after I was pretty incoherent right and swollen with fluids.

Edited by HopeandAgony

Like most things this will vary person to person. I was just sore. I never even needed pain meds. My midsection felt like I had done 1,000 sit ups the day before.

Thanks, I have so many thoughts running through my head. I'm gathering information to get approved at the moment.

Stomach was sore but not painful. I was on morphine pump from 2:00 pm to 7:30 am and was real groggy but definitely no pain. No nausea. Then started on hydrocodone. Did the job. Never had any pain or nausea. Few days later body felt normal. What is different is only sipping a little bit at a time and trying to get all fluids in.

Easiest surgery I have had.

Not lighter, just sore and kind of bloated.

Same as everyone else. It didn't feel lighter but sore and a little different. When I was able to drink it was definitely a different feeling than anything like I had ever experienced before.

No, just sore like everyone else said - for a a couple of days. My incisions didn't hurt when I was sitting, but when I got up, it was somewhat painful. Gravity and all ????

I was sore and had a lot of pressure in my chest from the gas. The pressure would build up and I would walk around the hallways until I felt tired. Then I would sleep, wake up to more pressure and repeat.

I'm only 4 days post-op, the first day wasn't too bad b/c I was on a lot of pain meds and anesthesia, that night and following morning were very rough. Lots of pain/nausea. Sitting/lying down isn't bad but standing up was very painful. I'm still very very sore but each day gets a little better. I definitely thought I would be better than I was, so don't be surprised if you have a rough recovery. Most people on here seem to have had it pretty easy so I was expecting that myself.

Had double hernia, so had more pain with that, didn't notice my stomach, lol. On pain meds for two days, in hospital but on pain level, maybe a three to 4 and mostly because of reoccurring back pain unrelated to surgery. Gained 5 pounds right after surgery weigh-- in due to i.v. fluids. I have had open heart and knee surgery, this one in comparison, very easy, and well worth it.

I was out of it from the anesthesia at first but tried to get up and walking asap. Felt like I had been punched in the stomach; sore but not terrible. Did not vomit at all! This was my big fear. Yay!! :rolleyes: Lots of gas to get rid of but the more I moved the faster it seemed to dissipate.

In week two now and feeling good, almost too good, because I want to eat different foods. Finding it challenging to stick to the liquid diet already. Gotta stick to the plan! Hard to stay regular and the Colace plus exercise doesn't seem to help too much. I miss my morning java :( My BM's are like those first post-baby BM's, girls, yeck :o!

All in all this surgery wasn't too bad. I just hope I can keep up with the weight loss.

I had lots of pain and nausea and ended up back in the hospital in shock like state. But I'm not typical, I guess. However, I felt much better in less than a week - two weeks after surgery - I hiked in the mountains.

Think of it this way: if it's the worst pain you can imagine - can you tough it out for a week? That's really all it was, and the narcotics helped - very yes.

Read this: http://www.bariatricfoodie.com/five-not-so-stupid-questions-about-life-after-weight-loss-surgery/

I was a revision from lapband to sleeve so my experience was a bit different and my NUT said my symptoms were prob due to being a revision. I was not really in much pain, but the nausea and dry heaving was horrible. I am not trying to scare you because even with that I would do it all over again. It took about a week to feel normalish. Make sure you have sugar free Popsicles and pedialyte Popsicles stocked. I was barely able to drink which made my symptoms much worse. The Popsicles are the only thing that probably kept my husband from dragging me back to the hospital for dehydration. Again though, almost 5 months out and it was TOTALLY worth it. Good luck.