Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Starting Over is Always Scary but Worth It !

I had Lapband surgery 1/20/2009 at 265 pds and it's been a journey of ups & downs on the scale & emotionally also.

I lost close to 50 pds thru the years but put it all back on. I kinda was thinking I failed this journey & that my Lapband wasn't the answer after all

Well 2015 was the worst year in my life, my sister died then my mother in law died too, so I found my self eating to console myself. So my weight went up even more.

Well I stopped that in August 2015, I started weight watchers online. I just didn't want to be in a meeting couldn't handle that commitment at that time.

I hadn't been to my Lapband Doctor since March 2014 & I was afraid to go.

Well I received an appmt card from him in November 2015 stating he had made me an appmt for Jan 2016 so I had to go.

So I went today very scared that he would be upset & know that I failed the Lapband but that didn't happen what I realized by talking to him that life happens & I didn't fail as I was 218pds today which is still 47 pds less than when I had the surgery 2009 & when I was in his office in 2014 I was 233 pds so I was losing.

So you see it's never to late to get back on track ????????

Do you have any idea how inspirational this post is? How inspirational you and your journey are? I needed to hear this today because I just made a similar post today after not being on here in a while. Thank you, it helps to know that there are others going through the same thing. Congrats on your strength and success!

Thank you so much ????

its good to know we are not alone going thru this journey.

Stay strong & keep going !!!

Very inspirational! I was banded in September, 2014. I've lost about 60 lbs. total. I lost more when my band was tighter, but when I are, everything seemed to get stuck. It's a little looser now, and I feel better. I just can't seem to NOT snack while at work!! I need support!

@@grammy4 this is a great place for support! I too have had my band loosened over the last couple of months. I have been sick since surgery in Nov. and the tighter band just wouldn't allow for the antibiotics and extra grossness that comes with respiratory infections. So I had Fluid removed.

I feel so much better with it out and I notice that I am able to eat more and I am more hungry than I was before. I'm not really snacking, though there are times at work like later in the day I want to. My days start early and go long, so I try to make a Protein shake if I know I am not going to be home for dinner before 7. It's too long to go from 1:00 to 7-8:00 with no food. If I plan right I bring a snack with me for those times and I try to steer clear of the Snacks around the office. If I don't have something I will try to get a healthy snack at lunch and save it for later in the day.

It's a bit of a struggle, no doubt about it.

I keep my band on the looser side. It makes ME struggle more. That is what makes me want to not give up.

Keep on with the Protein Drinks, bars, jerkey, string cheese, yogurt, a few nuts ( like us) chicken thighs in liquid.

And artichokes, bananas, salad etc.

Throw in a new potatoe occasionally, chili, refried Beans and avocado and there is my plan for many moons. Seems to work, but I gotta work at it !!

I had Lapband surgery 1/20/2009 at 265 pds and it's been a journey of ups & downs on the scale & emotionally also.

I lost close to 50 pds thru the years but put it all back on. I kinda was thinking I failed this journey & that my Lapband wasn't the answer after all

Well 2015 was the worst year in my life, my sister died then my mother in law died too, so I found my self eating to console myself. So my weight went up even more.

Well I stopped that in August 2015, I started weight watchers online. I just didn't want to be in a meeting couldn't handle that commitment at that time.

I hadn't been to my Lapband Doctor since March 2014 & I was afraid to go.

Well I received an appmt card from him in November 2015 stating he had made me an appmt for Jan 2016 so I had to go.

So I went today very scared that he would be upset & know that I failed the Lapband but that didn't happen what I realized by talking to him that life happens & I didn't fail as I was 218pds today which is still 47 pds less than when I had the surgery 2009 & when I was in his office in 2014 I was 233 pds so I was losing.

So you see it's never to late to get back on track

I just wanted to congratulate you on getting back on track. How is that going?

Sounds like you are on the right track. I'm always afraid if I overeat, just a time or two, I'm going to stretch everything out and ruin the whole lapband! I got my band in Sept. 2014 and as of today, I'm down 70 lbs.

Banded in 2007 and then again in 2015. Still can't lose any weight! Today I am going to try again! The 50 lbs I put back on has brought me so down I can't begin to tell you. I don't want to do anything, just like I used to be. When I was losing I was happy and had a great outlook. I can only hope I can get back on track

Edited by Wishes4444

Why did you have to be banded again?

I had two slips, small slips, so they suggested I get a new band since mine was one of the older ones. It hasn't helped my weight loss, and now I get a HORRIBLE shoulder pain if I eat or drink too fast.

Hello

I am glad to hear you have not given up.

I have a similar tale but kept one third of my weight off.

Did you consider a sleeve at this point? Do you know anyone who has had a sleeve after doing this?

Gaylene