Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My goal is 200lbs weight loss. I refuse bypass. Has anyone lost beyound the 60% doctora expect with sleeve?

I have asked a similar question before but this makes me nervous i will not be able to lose after my honeymoon phase is over and be stuck in the 200's forever.

I guess one can lose the same as a normal stomach

I'm banking over being able to lose for a long, long time.

My sleeve restriction is present and doesn't seem to be going anywhere.

I see no reason why losing weight isn't something that can be done easier than before.....for life.

The key with it....as with most any worthwhile goal in life....is to wrap your mind around it and go for it.

The short answer is "yes." But I will warn you, the averages are all based on the average person.

That means that there are some who ignore the doctors warning and think they can eat pureed Big Macs and be OK, and that is wrong. The sleeve is a tool, not a magic wand.

If you are willing to pay the price, track your food and utilize this tool, you can own this. But if you think I don't have to think about it, no you won't. It's really that simple.

I lost ALL 150 lbs of my excess weight in 9 months. I walk at least 15,000 steps a day, weight train 4 days a week and carb/calorie cycle where I go high carb, high Protein, and low fat and the days I don't train, I go low carb, moderate fat, and high Protein. Yes, it's possible to lose all the weight. For the first 3 months, I averaged 600 calories a day with as much of it coming from protein as possible. For the next 3 months, I averaged 900 calories a day, still getting as much from protein as possible. From months 6 to 9, I stopped counting calories but probably averaged 1,800 calories a day. I still lost ~30 lbs and gained a lot of muscle doing this. This is also when I calorie and carb cycled. I eat significantly more calories on days I workout. I don't recommend this for everyone, but post workout simple sugars are my friends - chocolate milk is my go to post workout nutrition.

Edited by AnAnole

There are people that never get out of the 200s with bypass. Or regain. It isn't about the tool it is about the person. If you don't commit to life changes you will either regain or never get to goal.

Haha purred bigmacs!!! - well i think my main concern is not that i will not put the effort in. And do right its when i will put my effort in and see zero result and just maintaining! ..I see so many people say that they do everything correctly and. It woukdnd be physically possible for them to losse the rest with diet and exercise they have to get the bypass

Bc the sleever is too small and you can only hold so much therefore, your ody after one or two years is comfortable and just maintains- i hope iam explaining my self correclty sorry if its confusing

I am 2 months out and have lost down to what the drs one year goal for me....I am at what the dr said the sleeve alone would do. I started dieting and working out the day that I started seeing the dr... I still workout and am eating the way I am supposed to. I hope to far surpass the 60% goal and dr said it was possible with me working at it.

Me too, Steph Anne. I plan to be far above the "average" for a sleeve. I didn't come this far to turn back now!

I'm still a newbie, but from what I've read, isn't it possible to have the bypass after the sleeve? I have seen others I think who did due to complications. If that's the case I would definitely try the sleeve first - nothing to lose - or everything I guess :)

I'm 4 weeks out 27 PDS down. My goal weight was 100 PDS at time of surgery. I'm pretty sure I'll get there. 100 PDS puts me at 130 which is the lowest I ever want to be.

Yes i wouldnt have ever chose bypass iM confident in knowing i wouldnt have before or even now if i do not get to my 200lbs goal but if people do it wo i have the upper hand now i guess lol

Yep. I have exceeded it by 32 lbs so far and am still losing. I'm riding it all the way. The best advice I can give you is give it your all during the first 2 years, especially the first year and try to lose as much weight as possible during that time. I see posts by some people here about how they think they are losing too fast during their first year and then they try to actually slow their weight loss down. Those comments freak me out because these people have no clue about the honeymoon phase and how that weight loss will eventually stop altogether.

Yep. I have exceeded it by 32 lbs so far and am still losing. I'm riding it all the way. The best advice I can give you is give it your all during the first 2 years, especially the first year and try to lose as much weight as possible during that time. I see posts by some people here about how they think they are losing too fast during their first year and then they try to actually slow their weight loss down. Those comments freak me out because these people have no clue about the honeymoon phase and how that weight loss will eventually stop altogether.

Yeah iam a normal to slow loser i would say and thats what my major concern is that after my honey moon phase what will i need to do next when it stops all together i try to be posiitve