Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

please share the microwave in a cup protein recipe

yes definitely baking powder. lol as i said i wouldnt really say there are a cake per se, they are more of a, thicker bread pudding. if you under microwave them, then like a thicker creme brulee or custard i guess. i will say this, after you mix the "batter" if you lick the spoon and it doesn't taste good, then you wont like the taste of the final result either. so it is one of those things. i do think the taste is better with sugar free Creamer, because im not an almond milk fan. But for people wh like almond milk, then hey go for it.

@@Stevehud thanks for the recipe and video. I bought the syntax matrix and it made all the difference. It is the egg, as you said. The first powder I used didn't have it, and it was really like dry foam. With matrix, it was cake-like!

im glad you like it. anything i can do to make a journey easier and these really did and do help

me on daily basis.

I have made this several times, with varying results but what I have determined is it works best withe the matrix vs other syhtrax types. I just have the chocolate. The sugar free coffee creamer helps alot. I have french vanilla because local store was out of the Italian cream. I used a small amount if da Vinci French vanilla flavoring. I need to use at least 1/4 tsp of baking powder to get any "rise"

I got to a balance that I found the taste ok, but not quite happy with the texture so I added just a little bit of egg beaters to replace some of the coffee creamer. That one was by far the best.

What I like the most is it fills me up more than just the drink, and it doesn't make me cold like a blended with ice Protein drink does.

Thanks everyone, and try the smidge of egg whites and tell me what you think.

I am going to try the egg whites, too. I added some almond extract to mine, (chocolate) and thought it was good, too. I also use the 1/4 tsp of baking powder. I got the vanilla matrix last night, and I'm going to try that with some frozen blueberries. We'll see. The Vitamin Shop near me is have a demo or something next weekend and they are going to be making salted caramel cupcakes with Quest Protein. I'm going to check it out. Will let you guys know if that's worth it.

I have also noticed these seem to be more filling, and mostly that they keep me satisfied for a long time. My daughter, who does crossfit, pointed out that its a slow release Protein and that athletes use it to put on weight. I am not worried about that since I really think its hard to do when used as part of a very low calorie diet.

@@MichiganChic But I am very curious about that. I have also heard that body builders and athletes use the Protein to gain weight. I want to understand that. What happens if we are a few years out, still do the Protein, but start snacking and increasing our calorie intake a bit. Not a ton, but what would happen? When is the tipping point? I just like to be informed, especially if anyone asks me about the protein I can actually answer.

Thanks all

@@MichiganChic it is still low carb and low calories. It is not logical to me that you can put on weight without increasing intake of carbs/ calories.

When I am done healing I want to increase muscle mass, so in a sense " gain" while reducing body fat.

Anyway, so far no negative impact and I have been having it once a day.

okay so let me dispell a few things.

There are MANY weight gain, bulk up phase, Protein powders on the market, just as there are many weight loss Protein powders on the market.

There is a huge difference , however.

Yes many Weight gain , bulk up products contain slow release protein, BUT they also come close to and including up to 2000 calories or more. The Syntrax matrix are not the same by any means. It is why I have always told people high protein does not mean low cal. many, many protein supplements are for weight gain, not weight conscious people.

Syntrax Matrix products contain both slow release and fast release Proteins. And they are weight loss friendly.

Do not confuse these products with bulk enhancing protein powders

There are MANY weight gain, bulk up phase, Protein powders on the market, just as there are many weight loss Protein powders on the market.

Yes many Weight gain , bulk up products contain slow release protein, BUT they also come close to and including up to 2000 calories or more. The Syntrax matrix are not the same by any means. It is why I have always told people high protein does not mean low cal. many, many protein supplements are for weight gain, not weight conscious people.

Syntrax Matrix products contain both slow release and fast release Proteins. And they are weight loss friendly.

Yup this. I lost all my 135lbs using Synthrax matrix and continue to maintain using it. I am over two years out.

Can't wait to try this!

Good info. But to clarify, I didn't say it was true - I said that other people use it that way. I do not think this will cause weight gain as part of a normal bariatric diet.

I have to make this.

Ok, I wanted something more "cake like " and so my end recipe is as follows:

-Scoop of the chocolate matrix mixed well with 1/4 tsp plus a dash of baking powder

-Splash of sugar free Carmel flavorings

-about a tablespoon or so of egg beaters

-sugar free creamer, until consistency is a thick cake batter

I mix it in a microwave safe glass bowl, microwave for about 48 seconds (i think the egg white makes it take a smidge longer, but don't overcook!)

I have something that vaguely resembles cake, is sweet enough it needs no topping and is much more filling than the liquid form of the syntax Protein.

Thanks everyone for the great ideas!

This sounds good, but I've found Flap Jacked Mighty Muffins. They make 5 different flavors i think. 20g of Protein really good. They are kind of big for newer patients. But all you do is add Water microwave for 35 sec and boom. Quick, easy Breakfast.

This sounds good, but I've found Flap Jacked Mighty Muffins. They make 5 different flavors i think. 20g of Protein really good. They are kind of big for newer patients. But all you do is add Water microwave for 35 sec and boom. Quick, easy breakfast.

Sounds interesting! Where do you get them and how many carbs?