Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

please share the microwave in a cup protein recipe

Protein cupcake in a mug is what I meant! Thanks

I saw it a week ago, but was out of baking powder which I now have. I have spent the last 10 minutes searching this forum and have yet to find it. I don't know if it is because I am using my Kindle (which does not play well with this forum) but the search function sucks!

I googled it and found a million, but want to try the simple one that was posted in a thread I subscribe to...just don't know which one.....argggghhh

I make this all the time. My favorite is Peanut Butter with the Matrix powder. But it really is very sensitive to microwave time and amount of moisture, So I encourage you to try again if your first effort is terrible. Initially, I made it cooking for 55 seconds (which someone else recommended) and it tasted like dried death. Now, I have it down and know my microwave only requires 45 seconds, but the one at work is slightly more. It should be a little moist on top. Err on the side of undercooking.

Add a dollop of sugar free cool whip and it is wonderful. Some nights it is all I have for dinner and I am totally happy.

Thanks, everyone.

I've copypasta'ed it below:

When I want something tasty, I eat Protein cake in a cup. It is delicious, totally not cheating, and gives you 25 grams or so of Protein. One scoop Protein Powder, a 1/4 teaspoon baking powder, a couple tablespoons each of sugar-free Syrup and milk, stir until it is all wet. Microwave in large cup for 45 seconds or so. Delicious tasty warm cake! I have one most days and it feels like a treat, but really is not.

yeah ive posted this as well. I literally have at least one a day.

I prefer the Matrix Cookies and cream, or half and half with chocolate. I have a 5lp bag of the mint cookie due to arrive today ao i wil try that out. I havent tried the Peanut Butter yet but i am dying to.

basically the recipe is the following.

1. ! scoop ( or more if youre in maintenance etc ( i use two now). Matrix Cookies and cream Protein powder.< /p>

2. 1/8 teaspoon of baking powder ( or double if doubling the Protein etc.

3. Non-dairy Creamer or almond milk if you like. I havent tried with real milk. but i hear it works.

Mix Protein Powder baking soda and creamer in a microwavable mug. ( i prefer one with straight sides, it make mixing easier.)

Stir well and use enough creamer ( I use the sugar free coffee mate Italian sweet creme, it really makes a difference)

add enough until all the powder is worked in to the consistency of a thick concrete or mud. then place in microwave on high ( smaller microwaves need a little more time like 10 to 15 seconds) for 45 seconds or so.

I top my morning one with a teaspoon of sugar free maple Syrup, but i have thought of using sugar free preserves or the like as well. could be good.

***be very careful, it can be hot***

This weekend i will make a video of this for people. It is not exactly a cake per se, its very cake like, but closer to a dense bread pudding, like the center of a stack of pancakes ( my favorite part by the way)

ENjoy!

Thank you all - I couldn't remember if how much baking powder... freaking maddening to not be able to find it with the search function. Did the search work for you or do you all have amazing memories? Again... could be kindle since there are so many things that dont work on this site with my kindle.

Anyway, this could turn out to be a good before bed snack. Nighttime eating is an old nemesis of mine that I battle constantly... and Protein drinks are my best defense, but I want to actually EAT something!

not memory, i literally have had at least 1 a day for 5 months now. many days i have one for Breakfast and one for lunch.

Now that I am in maintenance mode, my nuit wants it cut down , so i have one for Breakfast about 4 to 5 days a week and no more for lunch , although if you are hungry and need a snack at night, this works great for it, you get that overnight Protein thing going, and a teaspoon of sugar free chocolate Syrup on top makes for a really nice desert but i dont do that often.

I top mine with frozen berries put in the microwave for 30 sec.. Add truvia and then use a hand mixer. So good

Edited by IrishGermanRN

hint, if you try it with the italian sweet cream you dont even need the truvia, but only if your ok with it. of course, i know some like truvia better based on natural stuff etc..

Just tried it...LOVED IT!!!

Now I want cake.... :D

i literally just got my 5lb bag of mint cookie matrix powder and besides 5lb being a lot, lol i made a Mug Cake for dinner because i got home late etc so it is an easy healthy way to have something to eat, but not eat something heavy, kinda later at night than i usually like to eat, and voila it was very very good. you have to like thin mint cookie flavor though, because it tastes exactly like that. Im gonna make a make a mug cake video and post it here this weekend. im also hoping to pick up some Peanut Butter cookie matrix soon to try that. im not sure about the banana though, it will either be great...or terrible lol.

Now i have tried using this same recipe, although you have to keep the "batter" thicker, with non stick cooking spray on a non stick pan, you can make a pancake shaped Protein pancake, im eager to try it again and i will now that i have a 5 lb bag to experiment with. so we shall see on that as well.

I have heard of a few people adding rice flour or coconut flour to this mixture and then making waffles etc. but i really dont want to ruin the healthy part f this by adding so many carbs.

I will also try the mixing of chocolate matrix and the mint cookie, and of course Cookies and cream and mint cookie, to tone down the mint a little. we shall see if any of these make a new favorite for me, or just fit into a nice rotation of easy breakfasts for me.

@@Stevehud thank you for posting the recipes. I can't wait to try this. I miss "cake" so this will be great and yet healthy and filling!! ????