Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Everyone. I have my revision scheduled for the 25th of this month. I am currently 220lbs, 5.5" and plan on being around 215 lbs the day of surgery.

My question is, will the sleeve help me reach my goal of 150 lbs. I have seen a lot of posts of lower 200's not loosing very much with the sleeve (when it is a revision). Looking for personal experiences and insight! Thanks :) :)

I don't have a revision, but the sleeve is very effective. I'm so glad I went ahead with this surgery. You can lose however many pounds you want to.

There are LOTS of revisions who met goal and even beyond on this forum. Hoping they chime in :)

I'm not a revision, but at 5'5" started at 235 and now weigh 140, 10 pounds below my goal of 150.

There are LOTS of revisions who met goal and even beyond on this forum. Hoping they chime in :)

I'm not a revision, but at 5'5" started at 235 and now weigh 140, 10 pounds below my goal of 150.

Congrats Babbs! We are pretty similar. How long did it take you to lose the weight? I am also hoping revisions chime in! It seems that we tend to lose slower!

Did I see this posted twice?

If you follow the guidelines, you will get there. You will likely have a period of time of little/ no hunger, use that window of time to create new habits. Good luck!

I wasn't really a "low" 200's, but I started my pre-op diet the week before surgery at 237 and went into surgery at 228. I hit my goal of 129 at 18 months and have maintained within a few pounds up and down for the last 10 months. I weighed 153 when I went into my first plastics surgery (which is why I remember that number specifically) which was about 2 weeks before my one year sleeve surgiversary.

The sleeve works since basically you are cutting out 80% of your stomach. You can learn to eat around it though. For example, I can eat a whole box of Wheat Thins in a few hours, so whether you lose or not is largely up to the habits you keep.

I'm getting the revision too. My band slipped. Then decided to have it removed as it was not giving me any restriction and with all the fills. Then I learned to eat around the band. I was always hungry. If Protein did not go down.. I would eat things that did.

I've learned so much since deciding to proceed with the revision. Proteins first.

I would get so frustrated with the band. eat Proteins. chew chew chew to then slime. And this would be a year out. Band tight during stress or anxiety. getting an unfill then a fill. I would stop eating when I felt a little tight after a few bites but still be hungry!! Then I would wait for the food to go down and take a few more bites. By NIght time I could eat whatever I wanted.

Looking forward to a better tool!

Edited by IrishGermanRN

I wasn't really a "low" 200's, but I started my pre-op diet the week before surgery at 237 and went into surgery at 228. I hit my goal of 129 at 18 months and have maintained within a few pounds up and down for the last 10 months. I weighed 153 when I went into my first plastics surgery (which is why I remember that number specifically) which was about 2 weeks before my one year sleeve surgiversary.

The sleeve works since basically you are cutting out 80% of your stomach. You can learn to eat around it though. For example, I can eat a whole box of Wheat Thins in a few hours, so whether you lose or not is largely up to the habits you keep.

Are you a revision?

@@Caela88

It took me a while to get to goal, so I may have well been a revision, lol. I lost 85 pounds in 12 months, and it took me an additional 5 months to lose 10 more.

I'm a little on the older side (pushing 50), and since having a hysterectomy, have the metabolism of a koala bear ;)

But I lost it, I'm maintaining it so far, and that's all that matters!