Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approved! Washington State Apple Health (Molina Medicaid)

So i finally got a phone appointment with my case manager at Molina tomorrow! I also am starting my counseling next week. Weirdly my pcp referred me to the Oregon Weight loss surgery center(I live in Vancouver) but I see a lot of people went to Seattle area? Am I supposed to be staying in Washington? Also what is fast track? Thanks everyone :)

So i finally got a phone appointment with my case manager at Molina tomorrow! I also am starting my counseling next week. Weirdly my pcp referred me to the Oregon Weight loss surgery center(I live in Vancouver) but I see a lot of people went to Seattle area? Am I supposed to be staying in Washington? Also what is fast track? Thanks everyone

Don't be shocked if your case manager never called you. I had appointment for a call and no one did. It's not a part of your requirements so don't worry. Molina does not allow you to be fast tracked you have to go to every appointment that they want you to. Takes six months to finish all your appointments. I would try to go to whatever place is closest to your city/town. It's definitely a process. I finished all my six-month requirement appointments on February 28 and didn't have surgery until June 9.it's crazy how long things take but it's so worth it.

Now that I'm thinking more about it if you live in Washington and your health care is out of Washington why are they sending you to Oregon. UW is great. I am so happy I had my surgery there.

So i finally got a phone appointment with my case manager at Molina tomorrow! I also am starting my counseling next week. Weirdly my pcp referred me to the Oregon Weight loss surgery center(I live in Vancouver) but I see a lot of people went to Seattle area? Am I supposed to be staying in Washington? Also what is fast track? Thanks everyone [emoji4]

Good morning,
If you have Molina insurance, Molina will require you to go to a Certified Center of Excellence in Washington, even if your doctor reffered you elsewhere. I also live in Vancouver and Molina sent me to Seattle, but when I had a bad experience there I ended up switching over to Rockwood Bariatric Clinic in Spokane. I also live in Vancouver, I was really hoping to go somewhere closer, but those were my only 2 options given to me. Molina only contracts with Centers of Excellence. I'm sure that they'll tell you the same thing once you speak with your case manager. Good luck to you! :)

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

Thank you so much! I talked to the case manager and sadly, it does have to be in Washington! Plus last month UW decided not to do surgery on clients who live in Clark County so as of right now I don't have a surgery center until they can establish one :( but she did explain that nutrition visits must be only twice a month. I'm excited to start but this is going to be a long process! How did you guys lose the weight and keep from gaining before the surgery? Thanks so much :)

Thank you so much! I talked to the case manager and sadly, it does have to be in Washington! Plus last month UW decided not to do surgery on clients who live in Clark County so as of right now I don't have a surgery center until they can establish one [emoji20] but she did explain that nutrition visits must be only twice a month. I'm excited to start but this is going to be a long process! How did you guys lose the weight and keep from gaining before the surgery? Thanks so much [emoji4]

It is a very long process, but well worth it. I'm surprised that UW is no longer accepting patients from Clark County, interesting. If you're willing to road trip all the way to Spokane every few months, Rockwood would probably be happy to see you there! I have kept from gaining by completely changing my eating habits, eliminated sweets and focused on having a healthy carb and Protein with every meal. I also have been swapping lunch and dinner with a Protein Shake and light snack instead of having a big dinner in the evening. I don't really count calories anymore, rather I'm just trying to listen to my body and be in tune with my needs. Seeing the nutritionist is your best bet to get a sense of your body's own needs! I really have enjoyed learning along the way. If you need any help finding providers who accept Molina for any of your required visits, feel free to message me. I haven't had surgery yet, but I'm scheduled for October 2nd and have already completed all of Molinas requirements. 🙂

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

So I just found out the nutritionist in Vancouver is booking out until December for new patients :( my deadline is in January! I don't know what I can do :( does anyone know if there are any other clinics or options?

Hey so I was approved for stage 1 and I am a few months into stage 2. I was approved because I have a bmi of 39.5 and sleep apnea. I just found out that last sleep study they did that I tested negative for sleep apnea. Does this mean I am not going to get approved for stage 3?

Hey so I was approved for stage 1 and I am a few months into stage 2. I was approved because I have a bmi of 39.5 and sleep apnea. I just found out that last sleep study they did that I tested negative for sleep apnea. Does this mean I am not going to get approved for stage 3?

You might get denied for stage 3 surgery. I would call and ask the weight loss case worker at Molina.

You might get denied for stage 3 surgery. I would call and ask the weight loss case worker at Molina.

Okay thanks :) I am having another sleep study done with a sleep aid so I am hoping it shows up then.

So frustrated I have Molina was approved at the end of April to start stage 2. I have completed the physical therapy and mental health appointments still have 6 nutrition visits left. But after speaking to my case manger apparently I don't have a surgery center yet. Because UW is no longer taking vancouver residents.

Im on stage 2 for amerigroup ( Apple Health medicaid also.
I ive in Port Townsend. Ive been going to the NUT twice weekly. had 3 with or 4 with her so far. Monthly's with my regular doc.did my seminar on line for the surgery. have my consultation at the university of U.W on
the 14th. I got approved in late April to go on to the second stage.
Just found this site last night and thing it is amazing, I dont have much support except my Husband, and would be nice to chat with ladies who are going through the same thing.

I have amerigroup and I don't understand how you get on stage 1 and stage 2. Who sends the paper work in? I feel like my pcp is not doing his job but maybe he is and I'm just impatient

Have them redo the test. sleep apnea doesn't just disappear.

Hi everyone! I am going to be done with all of my stage 2 requirements in mid January! I already had an appt with the weight loss surgeon and they ordered the blood work, ekg, and egd, which is all being done in the area that I live in. I am still trying to get my sleep apnea figured out but I have just been diagnosed with high blood pressure. My BMI is 38. I was worried about not being approved due to no comorbidity but I think high blood pressure now counts? Does anyone know how the process works once I finish my stage 2 requirements? Does the weight loss surgeon send in the approval paperwork or is it my primary care doctor.

my experience with amerigroup was after stage two was completed my NUT had to submit documents to the surgeon that I had completed all apps I think the primary does similar and then the surgeons office submitted it all to my insurance and I was notified about 30 days later for scheduling the surgery.