Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I feel that same. I really don't want anyone to know I weighed as much as I did. Thanks for the good suggestions for answers on the number question.

I am relieved that I am not alone in the way I feel. It's amazed me how noisy everyone has been. I've been walking a lot at work, I have that luxury so I take advantage of it. I cannot tell you how many times I'm asked, "why are you walking", "are you walking to loose weight", "are you walking to be healthier". It's crazy!!!! I hate all the attention!

My grandfather saw me for the first time since surgery, he has no clue, but he immediately said " oh you've lost some weight, you can't tell me a doctor didn't have something to do with it either". I refused to give him that satisfaction!!!! I told him it's amazing what new eating habits and exercise will do.

My grandfather saw me for the first time since surgery, he has no clue, but he immediately said " oh you've lost some weight, you can't tell me a doctor didn't have something to do with it either". I refused to give him that satisfaction!!!! I told him it's amazing what new eating habits and exercise will do.

What an a**h0le. It's amazing (and sad) what some people think they are allowed to say.

Sleeved 11/30/15 I am down 30. People have started to notice but thank god have not ask how much. They just say oh you've lost weight you look good. I'm afraid after the next 50 comes off ill get the questions and comments, Thanks for all the suggestions , when that time comes I'll be prepared

I usually say something like I lost a 3rd grader. Then people start to wonder.

In the past, when I lost weight I was ashamed to tell people how much. It's different this time. I don't mind telling them at all. Maybe it is because I'm older now. Or maybe it's because I actually believe that this time, I won't gain it back.

I was happy to crow about my loss in the beginning but now I am down 54# and i don't want to tell anyone because i don't want them to start doing the math and realize what i used to weigh. I hope we aren't destined for a life of weight shame!

I think it's really rude to ask questions like this..Like asking someone how much money their holiday cost or house cost or money in the bank. Just be straight and tell them no! Don't be embarrassed by the weight you've lost be proud. It's not an easy thing getting sleeved. However it doesn't mean you have to brag about it. Only on this site! lol

You shouldn't feel bad. How much you've lost is your business and you should feel no pressure to share.

How do you reckon it is any of their business? I have had few rude people ask, my answer "alot" suffices.

I'm not gonna lie... I'm totally okay with people asking how much weight I've lost. Most of the time they're shocked to know that I've lost over 70 lbs in 10 months. I'm super proud, weight loss surgery or not, of my weight loss. I'm proud of the 194 I weigh now. Yes, I've got a lot to go, but most people can't even believe I weigh what I do. Hell I'll even tell them where I started, where I'm at, and what my goal is, and usually they'll congratulate me. For me I think it's a head thing.... I want people to be proud of me, I think that's what helps push me to get to my goal weight.

I think the only people I have to worry about to ask that is people at work, which I'm dreading. I don't think it's an ashamed thing, but more of an i-don't-like-you thing. There's a lot of people at my job that have had WLS including two older women that report to the same supervisor I do, and I try to avoid them like the plague. As nosy as they are, they would try to ask me questions, but I"ll just have to ignore it if that time comes.

All that aside, I understand how you feel, but everyone else is right with what they've said. Your body is YOUR business, and you don't have to answer anything you don't want to.