Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi I am forty one 1 1/2 years out. I have loss a total of 80 pounds. I have been trying to lose the other 20lbs for the past 6 months now. I haven't gained but I haven't loss any either. Any suggestions?

It's hard to offer suggestions without knowing what you think the issue is, what challenges you are facing with your diet, and so on. Here are the rules I set for myself when I find myself wandering off track:

--set clear goals and stick to them (calories/carbs/protein)

--weigh or measure everything that doesn't come in a single-serving portion (such as a Jerky stick or a cup of yogurt)

--track everything on MyFitnessPal

--plan what I am going to eat in advance each day, and write it down in a schedule

--no liquid calories other than Protein Shakes

--no grains, refined sugar, or high carb veggies (potatoes, sweet potatoes, peas, etc.)

--get anything that doesn't meet my nutritional goals out of the house

--don't take money or any way to pay for things to work with me (this effectively keeps me away from: Starbucks on the way to work, vending machines, the snack shop in the building, the grocery store on the way home, etc.). It's a harsh tool but it works!

Good luck to you.

I found out that my calorie limit, just for maintenance is only 1,000 calories. I had hoped for more, because there are days when it just does not feel like enough nutrition. I feel the lack especially on strength training days. Even though the materials given to me by my team says that maintenance will be around 1600. Every bite has to count nutritionally.

Hi I am forty one 1 1/2 years out. I have loss a total of 80 pounds. I have been trying to lose the other 20lbs for the past 6 months now. I haven't gained but I haven't loss any either. Any suggestions?

Have you talked to your NUT about your goals?

Are you still following your program? Getting in all of your Protein and fluids every day? Avoiding starches? Taking your Vitamins and supplements as directed? Exercising?

Without knowing what you are doing its hard to make suggestions other than to go back to basics and talk to your NUT.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

Well, obviously something you're doing isn't working. Change things up.

Whether it's upping your excersise, upping or lowering your intake of calories, lowering carbs, sugar or processed food, something needs to change to shock your system enough to get things moving again. Sometimes just doing liquids for a few days will do the trick to get things moving again.

I'm a perfect example. Although I'm below my goal weight, I had basically stopped losing a few months ago and thought my body had settled where it wanted to be without doing anything too different.

Well, over the holiday season I had let too many carbs and sugar back onto my diet while allowing my excersise to decrease a little. I didn't gain luckily because I apparently was still moving enough to offset it. But I had decided to detox from the sugar and carbs and get back to basics for the New Year not really to lose weight, but to feel better and get back on track.

Between cutting out sugar and white carbs and eating nothing but clean, healthy Protein and veggies and picking up my excersise again, I have lost 2 pounds the first week. I also feel better, and noticed my restriction has increased, too.

I think as we get further out, we let things slip a little without even realizing it. We may think we aren't doing things too much differently, but when we start to really be honest and really track what we are or aren't doing, we can see where we are being hindered.

I have cut back on exercise due to my schedule. I eat pretty well balanced meals. smoothie in the morning, Protein Bar less than 5 grams of sugar for snack, high Protein lunch usually chicken some times rice and broccoli. dinner is the worst for me, I usually eat some sweet potatoes, red potatoes, or rice with my meat. I am usually always hungry so I try to drink at least 64 oz. Of Water. I will up my workouts and lower my calories. Thanks for the input.

@@jaylowe32

Seeing what you eat, I actually think you need to INCREASE calories. Do you know how many you're at a day? Do you track? You can't measure what you can't see, so tracking is really the best way to see where you are at to adjust things accordingly.

Honestly, though, I don't think you're eating enough. And the red and sweet potatoes aren't a big deal, really. I eat sweet potatoes. I figure they are better carbs than white flour bread, Pasta or crackers. All carbs and sugar are really not created equal. Natural, non processed carbs are the way to go. If it comes straight from the ground or grows in a tree or bush and goes basically right to your plate from there, eat it!

Track your calories and Protein first a few days, see where you're at and adjust accordingly. I think you will need to eat more, honestly.

I have not been counting my calories. I will definitely start doing that. I know I need to watch my calorie intake. I just need to step my game up so that I can get back on track. It is really bothering me that I am having such a difficult time losing these 20lbs. I am going to reevaluate my what I'm eating, and my calorie intake. Thanks for the suggestions Babbs

It's hard to offer suggestions without knowing what you think the issue is, what challenges you are facing with your diet, and so on. Here are the rules I set for myself when I find myself wandering off track:

--set clear goals and stick to them (calories/carbs/protein)

--weigh or measure everything that doesn't come in a single-serving portion (such as a Jerky stick or a cup of yogurt)

--track everything on MyFitnessPal

--plan what I am going to eat in advance each day, and write it down in a schedule

--no liquid calories other than Protein shakes

--no grains, refined sugar, or high carb veggies (potatoes, sweet potatoes, peas, etc.)

--get anything that doesn't meet my nutritional goals out of the house

--don't take money or any way to pay for things to work with me (this effectively keeps me away from: Starbucks on the way to work, vending machines, the snack shop in the building, the grocery store on the way home, etc.). It's a harsh tool but it works!

Good luck to you.

You know you are so right. The money part is a great suggestion. I have friends that do not have the same issues as me. Eating out daily is not an issue for them cause they are small to begin with. No money, no Snacks in the house, it does work. I also like the tracking so your held accountable for your own actions.

Sent from my SM-N910P using the BariatricPal App