Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

First Month: How many lbs did you lose?

Hey everyone!

What are some of the initial changes to noticed in the first month? I know some people have mentioned not having a lot of energy and some having a lot... People struggling with new relationship with food....

Just looking for initial feedback.

Thank you!!

Edited by newjrny85

I lost 350 pounds the first month post-op.

I now weigh minus 58 pounds.

22lbs

Lbs lost isn't useful because we all weigh different amounts to start. We all have various hormonal fluctuations, will handle the IV fluids and bloating and a million other factors differently. I might lose 10 lbs my first month, which for me would be 4% of my body weight, while someone starting 100 lbs heavier than me might lose 15 lbs in the first month. But guess what--that's also 4% of his or her body weight. So who did better?

No point in comparing.

The heavier you are to start, the more weight you are likely to lose in the first month. But the heavier you are to start, the more you have to lose anyway.

29 lbs. in 28 days.

initial changes first month

@@newjrny85

hi newbie

can't tell if you are pre/post op???

took naps for a couple of weeks PO

energy was down the toilet

i wasn't able to play the piano anymore :(

then again, never could!!! LOL

sorry, the devil made me do it!! :D

i had problems drinking Water

i had trouble with powdered shakes (yeach)

(found mixed bottled shakes delicious)

problems with slowly eating and chewing

after a month or so........things improved

eating and drinking continued to improve

i was my normal "perfect" self again :lol:

people have different stories

situations about their times PO

don't compare yourself ever to someone else

"the one thing we have in common, is that we're all different"!!!

we all loose weight in different amounts over times periods

I lost 13.7 lbs the first month

the # varied through out my journey

good luck

kathy

Thank you, Kathy! Yea, everyone is different but I guess I'm just looking for some feedback on the first few weeks since I had my surgery 6 days ago. I'm home recovering which has been a challenge for a busybody/workacoholic like me. I'm doing pretty well, drinking was a challenge for me too and I stayed an additional night in the hospital. This app will not allow me to change the subject line but I did change the question since the responses have been more critical than helpful. I do appreciate your insight lol and I always wished I knew how to play the piano.

@@newjrny85

Hi and welcome! Congratulations on your surgery. I hope that you are recovering well.

I will be honest, I was so focused on getting rid of my comorbitities that I initially wasn't even paying much attention to his much weight I lost in that first month.

In fact I had not started tracking my food intake until I had already lost 36lbs.

At my month 1 check in I was down around 20lbs. But remember I had 145 to lose. I lost the first 13 on the pre op diet and gained it all back in the hospitals from all the IV fluids and swelling.

I do remember being upset that I had gained weight. Then I found this site and learned so much about WLS.

When I had questions or concerns this is where I came.

I hope that you continue to join us. We have a great group of supportive people on this site.

Hi Djmohr! Congratulations to you! The site has been very helpful especially with the pre op nerves and anxiety! My first appointment is on Wednesday which is 9 days post op but 7 days after leaving the hospital. So far, the recovery hasn't been as bad as o was expecting it to be... I have some pain in the incision sites and learning to follow the nutritional guidelines.

Thank you for your feedback!!