Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How do you puree your food? blender, processor, mash? need help

I'm reading so many recipes for pureed food phase. But what are you using to puree. I even saw a post that someone blends a lean cuisine.

Do people use nurti bullet or regular bullet since it shouldn't be much food. If you get cottage cheese (which I think is disgusting) do you mash that up till its creamy? I see people are eating oatmeal in this stage, aren't there kind of pieces in oatmeal and dry going down?

Any advice on how to do puree stage while long haul air travel and hotels. I'll be bringing lots of Protein powder for meal replacement; and those chunk tuna packages (even though that may not be pureed - not sure how to make it creamy.).

getting nervous how I'll manage this stage while traveling.

I never technically pureed anything. Just mashed it up real good with a fork and my mouth ;)

As far as getting food soft enough to not get stuck, a little mayo mixed with yogurt, gravy's and those types of things do wonders to help mash the food and keep it moist enough to slide right down

Don't overthink it too much. If it's soft and moist enough to be mashed up, there's your pureed food. :)

But what are you using to puree.

My teef.

Chew like a madman and then chew some more.

Worked for me. I skipped the whole pureed stage. YMMV.

first...talk to your nutritionist if you have questions

pureed foods don't have to be completely liquid, textures like cottage cheese and oatmeal are already that consistancy

I never pured anything, just mashed them up with a fork.

I did the same as other commenters, I pureed for one day adding Water to Breakfast Jimmy Dean, with the texture of baby food, couldn't care for it. So eating soft food and chewing the heck out of it with no issues. Even eat some fish from Popeyes, peeling the batter off and chewing it up, yummy! lol. Eat queso dip, sucking it off of fritos. Eating enchiladas with refried Beans.< /p>

i bought a ninja so I'm gonna puree chicken with potatoes in that when i get to the puree stage on thursday.

Ninja blender. Granted the only think I'm pureeing is smoothies for my vegies.

I use a blender for smoothies, like others I cut up small and chew it well, if its a "drink" I blend.

I used my blender. I have a Hamilton beach dual mixer than has two small containers....more or less like a nutribullet. Used it to puree everything....even tuna fish. I actually ate a lot of Soup in my liquid and pureed stages. Added unflavored Protein Powder to them after blending them smooth. However, I didn't puree things like eggs, cottage cheese, refried Beans, oatmeal, etc. they were just fine as is in the pureed stage.

My doctor prefered that I chew to the puree consistency to enforce slow eating. I never had to blend or chop anything. You can check out the world according to egg face website and she has tons of ideas for all stages. Great recipes too.

Don't worry to much it was so much easier than I thought it would be. I kept cans of deviled ham and roast beef, refried Beans, tuna packs, SF pudding ( I added unflavored Protein to this). At this point I was still getting the majority of my protein from shakes and the puree food was just a progression to teach me to chew well and eat slowly.

Good luck!

Wow thanks. Yes, I am obviously overthinking this worrying about it too much, but I'm a planner also. I also want to make sure I do everything right to avoid feeling or getting sick.

You all made me feel better and confident I'll be able eat things without have a blender attached to my side.

I have a food processor, but used my blender's smallest container since I was pureeing small amounts. I just took whatever appropriate healthy foods were on hand and pureed it with enough liquid (Water, milk, broth, etc.) to make it sloppy.

For example, if pot roast was the available meal, I just put some of everything in the blender with some extra broth, and a small amount lasted me for several meals. I got tired of baby food real fast.

My doctor prefered that I chew to the puree consistency to enforce slow eating. I never had to blend or chop anything. You can check out the world according to egg face website and she has tons of ideas for all stages. Great recipes too.

Don't worry to much it was so much easier than I thought it would be. I kept cans of deviled ham and roast beef, refried Beans, tuna packs, SF pudding ( I added unflavored Protein to this). At this point I was still getting the majority of my protein from shakes and the puree food was just a progression to teach me to chew well and eat slowly.

Good luck!

Perfect advice.