Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My tongue is covered in thrush.I am 2 week revision lapband to gastric bypass.It is horrible.Calling my doctor on Monday.Any suggestions?

...and I smell weird!

Why not call this weekend or go to one of those pop-up clinics so you can get meds to make it go away? I think that thrush can be a side effect from antibiotics. Hope you feel better soon.

Sue

I would call ASAP because nothing will make it better except medication. I developed it after my RNY surgery in June and just had it last week after my plastic surgery. In June they said it was caused from the antibiotics I had been taking. Apparently antibiotics kill of some good microorganisms/bacteria, which allows this fungus to multiply into thrush. It never even crossed my mind when I had surgery a couple weeks ago and as soon as I got that funny fuzzy feeling on my tongue and noticed it was getting white, I knew right away. The first time I was giving a liquid that I had to swish, swirl and swallow and this time I was given tablets to dissolve on my tongue. They were both effective, but the liquid tasted much better and was only in my mouth for one minute, the tables take about five to completely dissolve. Good luck.

I got thrush post-op too. The surgeon ordered the anti-fungal and it worked almost immediately - within three doses.

I only was prescribed the mouthwash...should I be calling back for pills?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Today was rough...
      I've been experiencing a headache all day today that just won't go away. I'm thinking it's now progressing into a migraine. Does anyone else get headaches from taking vitamin B12? I did some research and learned that usually a lack of B12 causes headaches. But I've noticed when I take it, I have reoccurring headaches. 😫
      · 0 replies
    • sammijaee

I can’t figure out how to update my surgery stats but 
      start 259
      sw 245
      cw 237
      gw 175
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products