Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery Date January 13th.

I've had so many mixed feelings and so many questions now that surgery is just a few days away. There are times when I'm alone and find myself thinking heavily about what I'm about to do and if I should move forward with it. Then, I look at the bigger picture and get emotional because this is not about myself alone, it's about my boys. They mean the world to me and I will do anything that I can to live to see them grow up, be successful and have a family. Then, I think about how i lost my father when I was 14 and he was only 43 year young, from health issues. I was devastated and I refuse to give up knowing that I giving up means that my children could be faced with the same thing. I encouraging myself and everyone else who is here, making a choice to have a healthier life. Best of luck to everyone!

You will do amazing and most important thing you are not only doing it for yourself but your two boys... Same exact reason I am doing it!

Keep in touch this week and stay positive, we are almost there.

My surgery date is the 14th and I have the same feelings so do not feel alone!! I keep reminding myself that a few days of pain is worth a long life of health and happiness!!! We are all here for you!

My surgery is Jan 12th & I'm nervous too but we will be healthier at the end of the road.....yell at me if you want to chat

Hi all

I am happy to see you proceeding with your op. I had mine for the 13 th January but I pulled out as I felt I had not give myself enough time to prepare for this. Especially being as it was the Xmas and New Year period which is mayhem by itself. I have not done any research so want to do it now and then book it. But I would be most happy if you all shared your experiences with me please.

I am also having mine on the 13th . I have those same feelings. One minute I know I want to do this and I need to do this bit I can't help but having second thoughts. I have heard a lot of peple say this normal but man this roller coaster really sucks. Not to mention not feeling the greatest because of the pre op diet. That's all keep in touch this week.

Hi everyone, I'm having my surgery on the 13th as well I was going through some things nd I had thought about not having the surgery until I got on here nd posted that I wasn't having the surgery and all of the feedback nd advice that I had received from everyone then I prayed nd ask God to lead me and I changed my mind I'm not nervous or anything I'm just tired of these Protein shakes....but I no the reason why I'm doing this surgery is bcuz I want to b healthier nd live longer my mother passed away when she was 49 yrs old some of it was bcuz of her weight nd other health problems so I no I'm on a mission I have a 10 yr old daughter but I can't even worry about her don't get me wrong yes I want to b here for her but if she wants to listen to her dad nd give me problems I have to do for me..... I'm sorry if I went off topic but congratulations to all of us its a new year which means a new us

I went back and forth with the idea of getting surgery for years. I finally decided why not. Nothing has been effective for me and thousands of dollars have been wasted and more weight gained. I decided that's it's for me to finally move forward with surgery. My only regret at this point is not doing it sooner.

Edited by MsAshley0307

Well the 13th is almost here one more day. I am only allowed Clear Liquids tomomow. So I' took tomorrow off from work. It's just too hard to be around everyone when they eat and I can't even have a Protein shake. So I just took the day off. Figured I would get my bag backed and just watch movies or something. .

Just 2 more days for me too. I took off work today and laid in bed till noon. My mom and one b of my sisters told me yesterday that they really don't want me to do this. I'm torn apart. I've lost 20 lbs in 2 weeks and they feel that I can do this without surgery. I had to remind them that I've been doing this liquid diet and starving to get to this. I'm so sad now and down. I am thankful for this group to be able to have support that's unjudged.

Just 2 more days for me too. I took off work today and laid in bed till noon. My mom and one b of my sisters told me yesterday that they really don't want me to do this. I'm torn apart. I've lost 20 lbs in 2 weeks and they feel that I can do this without surgery. I had to remind them that I've been doing this liquid diet and starving to get to this. I'm so sad now and down. I am thankful for this group to be able to have support that's unjudged.

I'm sorry that your feeling this way. I had a someone I feel is like a mother to me at my work that acual said to me the other day, " your actually going to go through it " and I felt so upset, and not sure how I feel about doing it. My head knows I need it to do it for my health and I know how good it feels since I have had the lap band before. I actually like what I looked like and I never felt like that before and I want to again.

Hi everyone, I'm having my surgery on the 13th as well I was going through some things nd I had thought about not having the surgery until I got on here nd posted that I wasn't having the surgery and all of the feedback nd advice that I had received from everyone then I prayed nd ask God to lead me and I changed my mind I'm not nervous or anything I'm just tired of these Protein shakes....but I no the reason why I'm doing this surgery is bcuz I want to b healthier nd live longer my mother passed away when she was 49 yrs old some of it was bcuz of her weight nd other health problems so I no I'm on a mission I have a 10 yr old daughter but I can't even worry about her don't get me wrong yes I want to b here for her but if she wants to listen to her dad nd give me problems I have to do for me..... I'm sorry if I went off topic but congratulations to all of us its a new year which means a new us

GOD bless!!