Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why is my pre-op diet so much more strict than others'?

I started my pre-op diet today, which consists of light Protein Shakes, 2 cups of vegetables, 2 tbsp. fat free dressing, sugar free Jello, gum, and popsicles, low sodium broth, and coffee or tea with skim milk and Splenda. I feel like this is a lot more strict than others' diets. I've heard of many being able to eat lean meats and fish and fruit. Any idea why this is?

If I add 3 oz of lean Protein do you think I'd screw up my surgery?

Sounds exactly like my pre-op diet... just stick with it, it's only for a couple weeks.

Mine was complete liquid. I would have given anything for veggies and jello!!!!!

Wow, sounds like mine isn't that bad then.

Mine is 2 shakes a day, one meal with 1tbsp olive oil or sf dressing veggies and 6 oz of Protein. It is 3 weeks long. At first really hard but now it's nothing to me.

Wow, sounds like mine isn't that bad then.

Nope.....it's not.

I'm in total agreement with @@rking

I'd have done dog tricks if I'd been allowed some steamed broccoli, mushrooms and other type vegetables.

Fetch.......roll over.......bark......you name it.

So far it hasn't been bad. The Protein Shakes fill me so I don't really feel hungry. I woke up with a bad headache this morning so hopefully that stops. Thanks for the feedback everyone! I'll hang in there :)

Mine is 2 shakes a day, one meal with 1tbsp olive oil or sf dressing veggies and 6 oz of Protein. It is 3 weeks long. At first really hard but now it's nothing to me.

Mine will be the same as this.

I started my pre-op diet today, which consists of light Protein Shakes, 2 cups of vegetables, 2 tbsp. fat free dressing, sugar free Jello, gum, and popsicles, low sodium broth, and coffee or tea with skim milk and Splenda. I feel like this is a lot more strict than others' diets. I've heard of many being able to eat lean meats and fish and fruit. Any idea why this is?

I've been drinking Isopure Protein Water, and honestly, it really helps with appetite.

Now that I'm on day 11, it's a walk in the park. I don't even think about it anymore. It's just what I do.