Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

"My Diet is Better than Your Diet" -- random rambling...

Hilarious thread. And true comments posted here.

But I do think the show title is appropriate. There are so many crazy diets, and we've done them all -- and then rationalized that THIS ONE was the only one that would work for everyone.

And now -- 17 months after being sleeved, hubby and I just got back from a fabulous 2.5 week holiday cruise. I ate dessert twice a day, had wine with dinner every night (and some times at lunch) and didn't miss a single meal.

In short, I ate *everything* I wanted -- just not lots and lots of it. I skipped the Soup courses. Most evenings I had only one appetizer and the main. I didn't eat a lot of bread. And (other than the wine) I didn't drink many of my calories. And I didn't clean my plate.

I ate slowly, ate small bites, and chewed my food well. And I went on some pretty physical excursions (sea kayaking, trekking, long walking tours of cities we visited).

And in 2.5 weeks I gained only 0.2 pounds (measured on the same scales the morning before we left home and the morning after we got back home).

Can you imagine doing that without WLS? I certainly cannot!

One other thing ... after 17 months of tracking my food on My Fitness Pal, I took a break from tracking and was so pleased to see I had actually built some great habits and instincts during all that time.

Did I mention I now wear size 4 / 6 slacks and look 20 years younger than I did two years ago?

For a formerly fat girl, the good life doesn't get much better than this. :)

I didn't realize Oprah had bought Weight Watchers- I just thought she was their new spokersperson. I liked the original WW points method like a decade ago and it worked well for me. I lost 70-80pounds-ish on it. Yeah, then I got fat again, did something else, lost another 50, got fat, repeated that a few more times, then had my stomach chopped out- now I'm good, lol.

As for the show, I didn't know it existed but it sounds...entertaining.

I hate where Oprah says "Let's make 2016 the year of our best body". It implies skinny and hot, which is a only bonus of being a healthy weight. Why doesn't she say "our healthiest body"?

So I just watched the show on Hulu.

Well then... ????

cLEAN MAMA DIET ...she is just a lot of trash talk....thought it was an NBA game there for a few min with all the trash talk from her. Has she even gone over food with her dieter or did I miss it?

I agree that her dieter just looks so so done!

But, I will continue to watch and I am not at all surprised that the one "expert" is gone after "cookiegate"

She seemed more concerned about vegan foods than anything else.

Oprah purchased 10% of weight watchers stock not the entire company. She doubled her millions she invested that day. Great business decision. So naturally she would become the new voice for them. Financially they all win! But I am not mad at her for trying different options. We all have and wls is not suitable for everyone. You have to do what works for you!

I remember when Oprah did the Liquid Protein diet (I did it too) and carted out a whole lot of fat and wore her skinny jeans. Then she later told a story of having a juicy cheeseburger from room service at a hotel and airing out the room so no one could smell it. I don't think WW will work in the long run. I thought the same thing when I saw her ad - she needs the sleeve.

Oprah purchased 10% of weight watchers stock not the entire company. She doubled her millions she invested that day. Great business decision. So naturally she would become the new voice for them. Financially they all win! But I am not mad at her for trying different options. We all have and wls is not suitable for everyone. You have to do what works for you!

Why would anyone be mad?

My thoughts come from watching her struggle with different diets since I was in elementary school. Surgery is not for everyone, nor are fad diets. ;)

I watched the first half, but not the second. I did find it interesting, but not surprising, that the high Protein, "paleo" type diet was the most successful as far as weight loss the first week. And the guy was very satisfied with the program, also. I mean, who wouldn't be when you can eat steak!

I like WW's. It's a great program, and just like with any other program, you've just got to follow the plan to lose weight and keep it off. I actually am a lifetime member, so obviously I wasn't successful with following program to keep what I lost off :P

My sister has lost almost 70 pounds on WW's as I was losing my 95 with the sleeve. She actually was very successful with it, and surpassed me as far as getting to a lower weight than me ( She's 133 at 5'6" now, and I'm 140-142 at 5'5") which really chapped my ass. But now I am curious to see if she can actually KEEP it off, as this is about her 3rd go round with it. It will be an interesting study as to which one of us is more successful avoiding regain. I plan on it being ME!

I watched this too!! I thought for sure that clean diet momma coach was going to get a smack down when she started telling Latashas momma to stop enabling her and she is part of the fault.....Kristi Alley had WLS? I guess I missed that issue of People. I Know ROSANNE had it.. I think? Oprah is a dieting train wreck. But she can sell ice cubes to Eskimos. Most of the people on that show would be able to have WLS but like a previous poster said, it's not for everyone. But then a LOT of insurance companies won't pay for it or require you to be on your death bed to approve it. :(

Can't you see Oprah will have the sleeve in secret and WW will get the credit of seeing her lose weight steadily and she will look fantastic and further make WW look as though their plan is the ultimate...like Jennifer Hudson and Kirstie Alley....they secretly had WLS....the sleeve is too great to pass up if you are a star...Oprah is not stupid....she had access to WLS ...her best body yet will be the sleeve and WW will get the credit....Cha ching

Yeah, no ... I don't think Jennifer Hudson had WLS.

I am so glad I had surgery also....Diets are a thing of the past.

Over the years I have tried every diet under the sun...from the ridiculous to the medically supervised.

And I failed at every one.

Simple fact was I could not control my eating...I'd start every diet out well, then start to cheat, then completely backslide and gain everything back.

When My health started to seriously fail, it was then my PCP recommended WLS...as a LAST RESORT.

I didn't want surgery, but what choice did I have at that point.

Fast forward...I have lost ALL my excess weight, body fat % is in the "Athletic" range.....

I live a new life never to diet again, don't get crazy with myself worrying about calories, etc.

I was fat because I ate too much of the wrong things...WLS I now eat about 1/10 of what I used to eat.

When I do eat, I make sure it is as healthy as I can manage.

Example: I used to eat, every Friday night, an entire large pizza with all the toppings, all by myself...and wash it all down with beer. NOW I cannot get through one slice, and choose to give it up altogether.

I still drink beer, but not as much due to the carbonation, and never with food.

And that is only one example.

Add to that daily exercise, plenty of Water, and Protein.

Presto...easy as that...no more struggles and failures.

Here it is the first of the year, and I'm laughing at the onslaught of TV commercials with all the wonder diets.

At the same time it is very sad.

My Gym is packed with all the new members with their new years resolutions...just like every year, it will return to normal in a month or three.