Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where to shop after you won't fit in plus size anymore?

I was an avid Torrid shopper as well and loved their selection. As someone else mentioned Maurice's is great. I shopped their plus size and was elated to transition into their regular sizes. Besides that I've pretty much stuck to Target, TJ Maxx and Marshall's. post-256910-14523013446156_thumb.jpg

Found this super cute dress at Stein Mart this week. (Ignore the silly boots and knee socks ????)

Anthropologie, urban outfitters, and H &M might interest you. Also check out ModCloth (website).

Looking forward to get more selection at Marshalls and TJMaxx, their plus size selection was always slim. Also JJill, Ann Taylor, Loft and Lucky is on my radar in about 80 pounds.

I have been plus sized basically my whole life and have done almost all my clothing shopping at Torrid. I LOVE Torrid, but I am now in a size 14 and the smallest they go down to is a 12, but even that's kinda rare. I am about to turn 28 years old in a week, so I don't feel I'm ready for the more mature stores yet. I'd like to find a store that is trendy but still tasteful. I've spent my whole life hating the "skinny/preppy" stores, and I still really don't want to shop at them still. I still feel like I do not belong in them. This is kinda difficult for me cause I'm right between being plus size and misses sizes. I kinda feel like I'm being judged at both the store types. I've looked at Forever 21 and Charlotte Ruse and their plus size section is nice but I won't fit in them much longer, and the normal sizes have way too much skin showing. I would just like to find a store that is trendy, tasteful, and affordable. Any suggestions?

Echo most what you have said here and glad you made the post. I am a 46 so I have the other issue with not belonging in the more youthful stores.

I was so excited to go to Old Navy and purchase my first pair of jeans from a regular store. I wore the same clothes for my first 50# loss. Yes the we're baggy!

I like TJ Max because of the price and it has a nice mix of styles and prices.

This is getting fun now!

I just want to thank everyone for your feedback. I checked out all the stores that everyone mentioned and I will say my personal favorites were New York & Co, Rue 21, Macy's, and Old Navy. I am going to check TJ Max and Marshall's out soon.

@@LoseItKacy could you tell me how tall you are if you don't mind? Our starting stats are very similar and I'm just curious. I loved your outfits by the way :)

I just want to thank everyone for your feedback. I checked out all the stores that everyone mentioned and I will say my personal favorites were New York & Co, Rue 21, Macy's, and Old Navy. I am going to check TJ Max and Marshall's out soon.

@@LoseItKacy could you tell me how tall you are if you don't mind? Our starting stats are very similar and I'm just curious. I loved your outfits by the way :)

I'm 5'6 :)

I love Limited and Macys. Sometimes Express. But I buy a lot of stuff at Target actually. Loft has cute stuff sometimes but sometimes I don't like anything in there. Trying really hard not to shop until I am closer to goal but I am starting to look ridiculous in some of my stuff. I am older than you (43) but check out Buckle if you have one. Super cute stuff. Never heard of Maurices so will go see if they have them in my area.

I just want to put in a plug for Nordstrom as well. They are pretty pricey if you're buying at full price but if you catch a good sale you can get some really great quality pieces for decent prices. Also check out Nordstrom Rack where they sell all their overstock.

I loooooooove Nordstrom. The quality of their clothes is for me worth the money and they have a fantastic returns policy - up to a year.

Talbot's, for sure! I lost 75 pounds when I was 28 (which I've unfortunately gained back), and I loooved Talbot's. They can be kind of expensive but you can find some great stuff on sale and clearance. I can't wait to be able to shop in their non-plus sized clothing again!

I love love love H&M. As a bonus they are wicked cheap! I bought the cutest top the other day for $9.99. That same top would have been $44.99 at Torrid!

Target has cute stuff too.

You know what? You get to shop everywhere! :)

@JCP You took the words right out of my head because I was thinking ANYWHERE