Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 weeks Out, 1000 calories?

Hi there, I'm almost 3 weeks out and I'm finding that I'm eating between 900-1000 calories. Is this what I should be ingesting or is this too much??? I don't want to affect my weight loss by eating too much. Please help!

I think it's great if you can get 1000 calories in already! It will make your recovery and adaptation to your new life all the easier. I really struggled to get up to 800 calories a day early on, which is where I felt I needed to be in order to start exercising regularly.

As long as your calories are coming primarily from Protein and healthy foods, I don't think there is any reason to worry.

It depends. What is your Protein target? Are you getting in all of your Protein and fluids every day? What does your NUT's program say? Are you following that program?

The number of calories should follow your protein. The most important thing is to get in all of your protein and fluids.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

Okay. Yes my foods are primarily Protein. I am getting at least 80g a day. But my nut and doc never really gave me a calorie goal.

A lot of nutritionists don't set calorie goals. This isn't a simple diet of calories in versus calories out. You need to eat enough food to sustain your activity levels and get in all your Protein. If you are doing that, then you are doing well! So long as you aren't overeating on sugar and carbs, are staying active, are getting your protein, Water, and Vitamins, then you are on track!

At 3 weeks i was barely getting 400 calories, i was barely getting 20 g of Protein. My Nut said i need to be eating 800 calories and 60 g of protein. Im weeks and im still struggling with reaching 600 calories but my Protein Shakes help get 60 g of protein.

At 3 weeks i was barely getting 400 calories, i was barely getting 20 g of Protein. My Nut said i need to be eating 800 calories and 60 g of protein. Im weeks and im still struggling with reaching 600 calories but my Protein Shakes help get 60 g of protein.

You have got to get in your protein so you can heal and lose weight.

I'm 3.months out and I struggle to get 500-600 calories a day. Concentrating on Protein first. It's still so difficult for me to consume more than that. Gl

I'm almost two weeks out and can barely get 400 calories in per day. Those are Protein Shakes and chicken broth...I get about 50g of Protein in per day, but I haven't gotten over 400 calories yet ????

I'm almost two weeks out and can barely get 400 calories in per day. Those are Protein shakes and chicken broth...I get about 50g of Protein in per day, but I haven't gotten over 400 calories yet

It can be tough. Until you are on solid foods, getting a lot of calories in can be a challenge. Just focus on getting all of your protein in first. 50g is not enough.