Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need a Healthy Snack

@@Andrew0929 - prepackaged trigger foods are a good idea. I might try that.

I would have to literally hide any extra portion sized pecans/almonds/etc or just buy a pkg or two at a time.

I have done that at the checkout at Walmart, its a little more expensive but to have a bag a pecans/almonds would be a temptation(trigger).

Have any of you tried KIND BARS? If I really want to crunch and chew these bars can hit the spot. They have some fantastic flavors and even though they are not sugar free they are very low in sugar without using sugar alcohols. I am posting a picture of one of my favorites. In my area they can be purchased at HEB Grocery and at Walmart. I should add these wouldn't be good for new sleevers but maybe for a few months out and maintenance.

KIND.jpg

Edited by MIMISAN

@@Andrew0929 - prepackaged trigger foods are a good idea. I might try that.

I would have to literally hide any extra portion sized pecans/almonds/etc or just buy a pkg or two at a time.

I have done that at the checkout at Walmart, its a little more expensive but to have a bag a pecans/almonds would be a temptation(trigger).

I have little baggies and zip lock containers and when I do get a larger bag I weigh out individual portions ahead of time.

For me the best snack is a small apple and I dip it in a tablespoon of Peanut Butter. I get my crunch, a little Protein at the same time.

The trick is making sure you measure your Peanut Butter because that can get away from you fast.

If you've been gaining weight, why are you snacking? Perhaps you should cut out the snack completely and drink something instead.

My go to snack is a few dried apple rings. Very chewy, delicious. I have apple trees and dry the apples myself until they are quite dry, of course nothing added. Plus, it counts as one of my 5 fruits and veges a day. I find the dried apples keep me from eating other things. I know that eating fresh apples is overall better, but I rarely eat just half an apple, but half an apple of dried rings (that is four) lasts quite a while, chewed slowly.

I had gastric bypass almost three weeks ago and I thought Snacks were taboo. I was advised by my surgeon to have three meals and only drink in between. Sometime if my tummy is grumbly I have like a plain Greek yoghurt. I am also using up my sugar free ice pops that I have left from my clear liquid stage. Honestly I am trying to get away from artificial sweeteners too. I know sometimes we cannot avoid it, but the less carcinogens we put in our bodies the healthier we will keep.

Crunchy and sweet? I would do the apple and Peanut Butter. Or just a sliced apple. I don't like or crave sweet, so I love a sliced cucumber with ranch or just with lemon juice and salt. A pickle is good too.

I also like hot applesauce with cinnamon and a packet of splenda.... somehow hot it is delicious. 1/2 cup is the amount.

Cereal is really a bad food all around. Full of sugar

Just the words crunchy and sweet worry me. I like djs suggestion of the Apple. I highly recommend going for something higher Protein if you have been gaining.

As for the question about snacking. My restriction is significant, I could possibly come close to my Protein goals if I did not snack.< /p>

Also, the further out you get, you want most of your Protein to come from food and not supplements.

I will say that I personally use milk a lot as my Snacks, usually with tea added to it. However there are times when you just have to have something crunchy or salty. Apples and nuts do the trick for me.

As you get further out from surgery making good choices gets much harder. I have a pretty good Arsenal of Snacks that keep me within my protein and carb goals.

Power Crunch bars are great. They have 13 grams of Protein and 10 carbs.

10 carbs is a lot if you're really trying to go low carb. They are made with Stevia so there is no sugar alcohol which gives me terrible gas.

I get mine at vitacost.com because it comes out way cheaper. I also buy them at Walmart.< /p>

vitacost carries so many things, for anyone who has not heard of it.I get my Protein powder there, and many supplements. If you order over $49 the shipping is free. I can get you a coupon for $10 off your first order if you send me a pm. They carry so much stuff, it's unreal. Their prices are also very good.

Power Crunch bars are great. They have 13 grams of Protein and 10 carbs.

10 carbs is a lot if you're really trying to go low carb. They are made with Stevia so there is no sugar alcohol which gives me terrible gas.

I get mine at vitacost.com because it comes out way cheaper. I also buy them at Walmart.< /p>

vitacost carries so many things, for anyone who has not heard of it.I get my Protein Powder there, and many supplements. If you order over $49 the shipping is free. I can get you a coupon for $10 off your first order if you send me a pm. They carry so much stuff, it's unreal. Their prices are also very good.

Power crunch bars!

My daughter works out, never had a weight issue. Sticks to lean clean diet and these are her go to for her last snack or when ever. She always travels with them.

They are really good. I used them on weight watchers and will after my sleeve ... Way later