Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My 600 Pound Life: 2016 Season

I am particularly interested in this Wednesday's episode as it will document Chay (who now identifies as a woman) and of course Pauline (I am so curious as to what she looks like now).

Sent from my SM-G925T using the BariatricPal App

Yes last night was an interesting episode. Did anyone watch it?

Yes last night was an interesting episode. Did anyone watch it?

Yes I did. It was interesting to meet Lola for the first time. I found it kind of funny that when Chay first walked out as Lola, the 2 family members in the chairs were like "Ok..what else is new?". Pauline was up to her same ole tricks (refusing to walk, believing she is losing weight,etc) until towards the end of the episode. I am glad that she is trying to let her son have his own life because the way he has been living (taking care of her) is no way for someone his age to live.

Yeah I watched it, I could tell from Chay's previous episode that there was something that wasn't being shown but I'm glad he finally was true to himself. He has the support of most of his family so that's good. I was really upset with Pauline for most of the episode but once she got in that pool and could move I really think that was the turning point. Glad to see her being more independent.

Pauline annoys me something terrible with the way she ignores the doctors orders (no activity, eating what she wants, etc) and then she acts so befuddled when Dr. Now is upset.

Marie I agree I did too when Lola walked out. They all knew! I think she looked pretty good as a female. I just hope that he gets to goal before making the complete transformation to female. Yes Pauline did a lot of things wrong but she did come around. I hope her son gets the life and gets the apartment he wants and his Mom will be independent.

Daveo Yes I too was glad to see Pauline get in that pool. I am sure her pain was 100% real and she couldn't walk till she got to the weight she did and got in the pool. That seemed to be her changing point as she could see that she could walk and begin to do so. I was a bit disappointed that Dr Now didn't even acknowledge that she was out of the wheelchair when he saw her walk in I do understand the pain she had. I kind of see myself In Pauline but only in her inability to walk. My back pain is very much interfering with my ability to walk. I still have another 15 pounds or so to lose before the Dr will even look at me again to see if anything can be done to my back to allow me to walk. I am hardly taking any meds. She did complain that the Dr had given her only 30 pills and she wanted 90 pills. I am so glad she didn't get the 90. She had to have been really abusing the pain meds to wind up with an ulcer.

@@ssflbelle Yeah I was a little upset that he didn't see that she wasn't in the wheelchair, I mean that was a big step for her. I understand his frustration with the whole thing but he could have acknowledged her for that.

I am watching the episode with Olivia.

Dr Now, does every surgery under the sun. I bet he delivers babies too.

I don't understand his practice at all.

I totally agree! I am waiting for the episode where he breaks out a pampered chef party to solve their storage issues. He does everything!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

He's a one stop shop lol

Marie I agree I did too when Lola walked out. They all knew! I think she looked pretty good as a female. I just hope that he gets to goal before making the complete transformation to female. Yes Pauline did a lot of things wrong but she did come around. I hope her son gets the life and gets the apartment he wants and his Mom will be independent.

Daveo Yes I too was glad to see Pauline get in that pool. I am sure her pain was 100% real and she couldn't walk till she got to the weight she did and got in the pool. That seemed to be her changing point as she could see that she could walk and begin to do so. I was a bit disappointed that Dr Now didn't even acknowledge that she was out of the wheelchair when he saw her walk in I do understand the pain she had. I kind of see myself In Pauline but only in her inability to walk. My back pain is very much interfering with my ability to walk. I still have another 15 pounds or so to lose before the Dr will even look at me again to see if anything can be done to my back to allow me to walk. I am hardly taking any meds. She did complain that the Dr had given her only 30 pills and she wanted 90 pills. I am so glad she didn't get the 90. She had to have been really abusing the pain meds to wind up with an ulcer.

I too hope Lola does get to her goal weight before going for gender reassignment. I think Pauline has made great progress even though Dr. Now expects a faster rate of progress with all of his patients. I noticed that with Marla as well.

I have been singing "Copacabana" under my breath ever since seeing Lola's episode. It was so great to see her gain confidence.

It was also great to see Pauline FINALLY turn a corner. Her fear was so infuriating.

Why do I watch this show?! Dr Now makes me crazy! Rude old man! And seriously it's like these people have NO idea what they are supposed to do after surgery. The guy today is drinking maybe 2 oz of Protein shake a day and that's all because he's "not hungry"? Then lands in the hospital because he is dizzy and fainting. Um yea.... ever hear of malnutrition?

The episode before this one, the woman had been to the ER several times because she was so nauseous and Dr Now says its all in her head. So then he decides she should go to therapist?! A) maybe its not in her head you a$$hat and B) perhaps you should have considered sending her to therapy BEFORE surgery and getting her prepared for the changes?

Rant over I know. Just change the channel....

Love the show!!! It does make me terribly sad for them and also fearful for myself to lose control like they have.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the BariatricPal App

Now I am watching the "Brittani" episode. I have seen it before and despite most post from above, this episode really reminds me of why I have watched this show in the past. I love seeing this girl get motivated! She goes to work out for the first time in her and life and gets on a treadmill with a trainer and not only is she so cute saying she had never been on a treadmill before, I just LOVE how the trainer is so encouraging to her and doesn't appear to have a fat-shaming bone in his body. And Dr. Now is even decent in this one. Ahhh.... I needed to see this one tonight.... My counselor told me today that despite my weight being stable the last few months, she felt like I was relapsing a little. I knew I was (habit-wise) but I needed her to call me out on it. Really reminds me of how this is a life-long journey. Here's to us all keepin' on, keepin' on....