Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELLO JANUARY SLEEVERS!

I'm on day 2 of the liver shrinking diet. I lost 5.2 lbs in 1 day!!!!! We'll see how it goes tomorrow. Eating 2 Protein shakes, 1 fruit, yoghurt or ff cottage cheese and dinner of 4oz lean meat, green vegetables and 1/4 potatoes. I'm hungry but noticed if I delay eating to later in the day that helps.

2 days down and 11 days more to go!!

Starting weight 284

Current 277

Sleeve date 1/29

Edited by chavezmommy

I'm on day 2 of the liver shrinking diet. I lost 5.2 lbs in 1 day!!!!! We'll see how it goes tomorrow. Eating 2 Protein shakes, 1 fruit, yoghurt or ff cottage cheese and dinner of 4oz lean meat, green vegetables and 1/4 potatoes. I'm hungry but noticed if I delay eating to later in the day that helps.

2 days down and 11 days more to go!!

Starting weight 284

Current 277

Sleeve date 1/29

You're lucky, all I could have on my pre surgery diet was any liquid without sugar, one glass of juice orngatorade a day, as many sugar free Popsicles or no sugar added fudge pops, two cups of raw veggies and two small pieces of fruit or one cup canned fruit, broth, and three of either SF pudding or light yogurt. Hang in there, it'll get easier!

My sleeve was 1/12 my biggest complaint is the incision where they took out my stomach. I was having trouble getting my liquids in so I started to use a straw ????. It's going a lot easier now..but holy cow be prepared when your bowels wake up. ????

Edited by cindyw41

My sleeve was 1/12 my biggest complaint is the incision where they took out my stomach. I was having trouble getting my liquids in so I started to use a straw ????. It's going a lot easier now..but holy cow be prepared when your bowels wake up. ????

I wish my bowels would! I have severe Constipation it's the worst of my life I would rather be right out of surgery again than deal with this!!!

how did you get your bowels to wake up? I'm 2 days post-op with no movement.

My advice, start taking stool softeners.

Had my surgery on Jan 5th. First four days were the hardest. Had pain and gas. I try to get 75 to 90 g of Protein by drinking Protein Drinks. Water is easier now always seem to be thirsty, I was 217 before surgery now I am 205. I don't want to loose too quickly to avoid the skin sagging issue. I am happy with the lost. I eat Greek yogurt, broth and mashed Beans not all in one day, but pretty much what I eat for the week. Not really hungry. Only can get 500 to 600 calories a day. I was size 16 now in 14. Feeling really good. Multi Vitamins, Iron, Biotin, d ,c and Calcium as well as B12.

I didn't do anything, to be honest there shouldn't be anything in there that should need softened. It was about 5 days post op that they woke up.

When mine "woke up" it was so hard I ended up in ER to have the blockage extracted. It was day 4 post op and I tried everything at home. Fleet enimas, GoLytley etc. That's why I recommend stool softeners early on post op. I think the Norco and Iron are both constipating.

Wow, I was on a cleanse prior to surgery to make sure there were no solids left in the bowel. Surprised they didn't have you do that.

One week down on the pre-op diet, one to go! This time next Monday I'll be joining you all on the losers' bench, and I can't wait! I think I've reached the saturation point on researching, though. I'm finding myself worrying about things that I don't need to think about yet, like what I'm going to be able to eat on the cruise my husband and I are leaving for on April 1. One day at a time, I keep telling myself. By the time I get there, I'll know what I can and can't eat.

One question I do have is about supplements. My surgeon and nutritionist really haven't given me much guidance. Lots of encouragement (you can do this! you got this!) but not a lot of information. Surgeon just has me taking Bariatric Advantage Multivitamins. Is that enough? Should I be taking more, like maybe B12 and/or Probiotics?

Anyone else from CT on this thread?

Edited by LiMurr

@@LiMurr

My surgeon said that I'll be on a Multi and Calcium/d for the rest of my life. They also suggested at B12 sub

By April you'll be back to regular eating. Just keep in tune with your body and stop eating when you're satisfied.

Edited by cindyw41

Hi everyone. I had my surgery Tuesday January 5th. Very excited to be here and to be on this journey.

Keep us updated how youre doing.

Thanks! I'm doing pretty well actually. Have had the gas a bit still but it seems to be making it's way out alright. I've been a bit emotional today but think that's all a very early part of this journey. I hope you are doing well!

Great. How emotional? regrets? excited?

I'm just ending the first week of preop liquid diet. All Liquids. Starting day 7 today

Hi hun, so very sorry it took me so long to reply to this. I'm kinda not that great with using forums and was trying to figure out how to find my notifications. I just found them..lol Anyway, I'm almost 2 weeks out now (tomorrow I'll be 2 weeks) and I am better every day. I have not been too emotional. Just kind of nervous I think was more the word. No regrets now and yes I am very very excited. Good luck to you!! Please let me know how you are doing.

Hi everyone. I had my surgery Tuesday January 5th. Very excited to be here and to be on this journey.

I was sleeved the 6th. I'm glad to find someone close to my date. How are you feeling? I feel like I didn't even have surgery by today.

Hi there! So sorry it took me a long time to reply. I am not really good at forums and couldn't figure out how to get my notifications until just a bit ago. LOL I'm feeling great and I'm 2 weeks out tomorrow. I actually will be able to start purees I believe. I have my nutrition class in the morning and will find out more about that. I hope you are feeling good and doing good!