Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are you excited about 2016?

I am making progress in life... and I am pretty excited about a couple of things planned for this year:

-my first ever Hawaiian vacation

-getting a surgery out of the way and done with so I can move on! Should be fully healed by mid Feb!

-very exciting new project at work

Some goals for myself:

-reduce bodyfat from current 29% (a year off from serious exercise does that to you even if you don't gain weight!) down to something in the 22-24% range

-keep rehabbing that hip (doing great so far!) so I don't miss out on this hiking season

-get fit enough to consider that crazy Iceland riding vacation where you are in the saddle all day, riding fast and hard for a week - requires a high level of fitness!

-Keep on dancing, maybe even take lessons so I am more competent!

-I am just really excited about giving myself the gift of better fitness (I am at goal, but have gotten a little soft!)

-work on mental focus that I seem to have lost in 2013 (the crazy year!)

Some other good stuff:

-I am finally formulating some ideas about what I want in this next phase of life. I haven't figured out how to get there, but it feels good to have a general direction

-I really want to be in a true long term relationship but am not pursuing that until spring. It isn't really a goal, but a wish and a desire. I like to think that my head is in such a better space now that I will attract the right person, but even if I don't, I am making plans and going places!

I don't believe in new years resolutions, but I do like to think about the theme of the year.

2011 was a year of anguish as I wrestled with the decision to revise from my failed band to a sleeve

2012 was the year of weight loss

2013 was the year of maintenance, plastics, meeting new people, testing the waters and feeling a little crazy at times

2014 was the year I promised to stabilize and NOT make big changes

2015 was the year to attend to unfinished business, build a solid foundation in some areas of my life that had been lacking

2016 - well the theme will likely emerge over time, but right now I am calling it the "Let it Go and Move On" year.

This has to do with many things but it is really finally not letting the past regulate my future so much. It means really exploring what I want out of life and some of those goals I mention hint to that direction, but there is way more to it. I sometimes feel that I get stuck in indecision about key things in life because of fear or uncertainty ... and part of that is because I am alone/single/without a partner and that is still a foreign experience for me!

• Best Wishes!!!

@@CowgirlJane, good luck in fulfilling those goals!!

My aim in 2016 is to get to goal and maintain while adapting to my new lifestyle featuring healthy eating and exercise.

We are also expecting our first grandchild and I hope to be healthy enough to play with them!

I also want to find peace and calm after going through a few troubling years of personal and professional anguish.

These past few months have put me in a position to make these goals achievable, and I am most thankful for that!

Super excited.i caught the gardening bug last year and had an amazing little garden. Now we are in a house with a huge yard.my garden will be 20 times bigger. Can't WAIT!!

fyojut.jpg

2wedxci.jpg

HELL to the YA!!!!! my surgery was november 17 and since the beginning of the process i am down 31 pounds. wish it were more....im stuck right now, but i know it will move right along. this is the year i get skinny!!!!!! i am so very excited.

excited to be skinny and get to compete in racquetball again. i want to start playing tournaments again. i want to whip this girls ass who beat me two years in a row about 3 years ago. i will be much smaller than her and i will OWN her LOL!!!! losing is not my forte, unless it is weight :)

I started going back to therapy, and I feel it's really helping me focus on the things I should (the things I can control) and stop focusing on the things I shouldn't (the things I can't control). I really started on a stress spiral the end of 2015 and really caused me to lose focus on ME.

My focus is back and I'm hoping to accomplish a few things this year. I'm hoping to tone up more, get plastics at my 2 year post surgery mark, and ramp up my real estate business.

Here's to a great and prosperous 2016 for all of us!

You will love Hawaii! I am so jealous!

For me, this is the year of creating my new life. I will continue to regain my health, my mobility, and my life.

I am committed to becoming more fit and more creative.

I want to focus on writing, photography, and art.

Um, no.

I am very excited for 2016. I was accepted to grad school for social work with the goal of being a therapist. It's more than a bit scary as I navigate how I will pay for this, How I will manage the heavy clinical load and my son getting married the first weekend after I start classes.

I've decided that this is TOTALLY the year of me! I'm cleaning and clearing out the old and unhealthy...thoughts, things and people. I finally have a good group of supportive people in my life. I'm making better choices daily and intend to continue doing so.

As for my personal life...I have dealt and understand the mistakes I've made in past relationships. I am ready and open to be back on the market. Bring it on!!!!

@@CowgirlJane - umm, why did you post this in the lounge? This is a great general discussion topic. I'm totally pysched about the coming year. Last year was a such a great year of firsts (first 5K, first mountain climb, first time wearing clothes the size I wore in college and HS). But it was also one of some embarrassing excesses (yeah, think bedroom). This year is one of deeper commitment and finding my true self and living my higher values. So far so good.

Super excited.i caught the gardening bug last year and had an amazing little garden. Now we are in a house with a huge yard.my garden will be 20 times bigger. Can't WAIT!!

fyojut.jpg

2wedxci.jpg

Same here! I love to watch things grow. Plus all the great organic produce to eat!! Way to go!!

Jane, your posts are always thought provoking. I am excited. And scared. So much unknown ahead. But I'm focusing on me and my health, mental and physical. There's a lot I can't control, like the legal calendar. But it will all work out eventually. Thanks for the uplifting post!