Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Walking Girl's VSG Story :)

Long time, no update!

Things are going really well. Weight is down to 248 and still consistently moving. On my one month surgiversary, I was down 20 pounds from my day of surgery weight.

I am doing really well with my diet. Have moved into purees and that is pretty heavenly as compared to the liquid diet. I have been able to venture out and go to a few restaurants with my family. I get a small cup of Soup or chili. I still am having some trouble and forgetting to stop drinking while and after eating. But hopefully that will get easier.

I have been exercising pretty consistently, and it feels like it is becoming part of my daily life. Mostly walking and jogging on the treadmill. I have also added weights and resistance training a few times a week.

I am having a hysterectomy on Tuesday, so I have my fingers crossed that it doesn't throw me off track too terribly much.

Look, I'm under BMI of 40! Super exciting.

Gonna be honest, I am struggling a bit. Had surgery 2 weeks ago and it seems to have caused a stall. I haven't been able to exercise until this week because I have been very sore. I've also been off work a lot, which has thrown me off of my eating schedule. I've had a couple of bites of things that I shouldn't have (hello, birthday cake!). But I'm trying to get back on track and get back into my routine. I'm not anywhere near my goal, so I've gotta keep working!

Look, I'm under BMI of 40! Super exciting.

Gonna be honest, I am struggling a bit. Had surgery 2 weeks ago and it seems to have caused a stall. I haven't been able to exercise until this week because I have been very sore. I've also been off work a lot, which has thrown me off of my eating schedule. I've had a couple of bites of things that I shouldn't have (hello, birthday cake!). But I'm trying to get back on track and get back into my routine. I'm not anywhere near my goal, so I've gotta keep working!

Remember, you just had another surgery. Your body has the same goal it did when you were sleeved: to heal. Give it what it needs to heal before jumping off the couch and launching back into a lot of exercise. Walk some, for pity's sake don't do any running until your hysterectomy is healed. Your body has been through a lot in a few short months.

We have the same stats! I'm waiting on insurance to approve and could have surgery in April. Please keep posting I'm curious on your results since we are close on stats. Congrats on your success!!

2 month update!

Man, this is seriously the best thing I've ever done for myself. Weight is currently 235. I finally broke through my stall! I am feeling great now that I am healed from my hysterectomy. I am back to running/walking and lifting weights. I truly feel better than ever!

This is a good problem to have, but my smallest jeans are getting too big for me...which means I need to venture into the regular women's sizes. I have tried on probably 30 pair of jeans in the past few days with no success yet on finding the perfect pair, but I'm sure I will find something. Nevertheless, it is so fun shopping in the non-plus size stores again.

I am starting to get a lot of comments about my weight loss, too. It's like people are finally noticing now that I am down 50+ pounds :)

Check out my ticker! I am just over 3 months out and halfway to my goal! YAY!

I am discovering recently that I *really* do have collar bones. Pretty sure they have never been seen before in my body ;)

Time for a quick check in!

I seem to have hit the 3 month stall. scale does not seem to be budging much from the mid to upper 220s. I'm going to try to change things up and run more than walk, do more weights, and some HIIT. Also trying to add variety to my diet, and add some healthy fats like avocado, coconut oil, etc. But overall, I am still pleased with where I am.

In other news, turkey neck is in full effect. I am moisturizing the heck out of it, but man, it is making me self conscious. Small price to pay though, I know ;)

Life is good. Having this surgery is one of the best decisions that I've ever made!

Edited by walkinggirl

Repeat after me: "EMBRACE THE STALL, EMBRACE THE STALL."

That is going to become my new mantra :)

Only 10 days left to go til my 4 month surgiversary and I am only down 6 lbs so far this month. I am just trying to keep in mind that the weight loss will slow as I get smaller. I can't deny the frustration that I feel when my weight has stayed the same for over a week, or even gone up a pound. And yes, I know I really should stop weighing myself daily. ;)

I emailed my NUT because I wasn't sure where I should be now calorie wise. She said I should be between 1000-1200 calories per day. I was a little shocked, because I had been keeping myself at 800. So I guess I am happy to add more calories? Not really sure how I feel about this. But I do know that whatever I add, needs to come from healthier/cleaner foods. I feel like I am eating way too much cheese and dairy right now.

With all that said, I am happy to report that I picked back up on the C25K program and am in week 3. This is crazy to say, but I don't think I have ever run for 3 minutes straight before in my life until yesterday. And honestly, it wasn't that bad! It definitely felt good and I look forward to pushing my body more.

I felt like I had fallen off the wagon on strength training, so I found some good 10-15 min videos that I saved and can do quickly on busy weeknights, etc.

So I will keep plugging away... :)

2 month update!

Man, this is seriously the best thing I've ever done for myself. Weight is currently 235. I finally broke through my stall! I am feeling great now that I am healed from my hysterectomy. I am back to running/walking and lifting weights. I truly feel better than ever!

This is a good problem to have, but my smallest jeans are getting too big for me...which means I need to venture into the regular women's sizes. I have tried on probably 30 pair of jeans in the past few days with no success yet on finding the perfect pair, but I'm sure I will find something. Nevertheless, it is so fun shopping in the non-plus size stores again.

I am starting to get a lot of comments about my weight loss, too. It's like people are finally noticing now that I am down 50+ pounds :)

LOL, you know that as soon as you find the "perfect pair" they are going to be too large!

Today is my 4 month surgiversary!

As of today, I am down a total of 73 lbs. Amazing!!

This past month the weight loss has really slowed down. I can't really pinpoint the exact reason, probably a combination of many things. But overall, 8 lbs still means 2 lbs a week, so I will take it!

I will be honest and say that I have a fear that I am close to hitting my "max weight loss" and that for some reason my body will just stop losing weight. I know that will happen eventually, but I fear it happening too soon. My initial goal was to be in "one-derland", but isn't too far off. But now my goal is 175, which I think would be perfect for me.

A little news about my husband having the surgery...he has decided to hold off for a while. We discovered that our insurance coverage is not as great as we thought it was. And to have us both have the surgery back to back and owe so much out of pocket is just not feasible right now. So a little bummed about that. But honestly I'm doing great on my own and he's been beyond supportive, so I can't ask for a better situation.

One more thing that I forgot to mention...HOLY hair LOSS!!

My hair is (err...was) very thick. Now it feels so thin! I literally pull hand fulls of hair out at a time. I have faithfully taken all of my Vitamins, so I don't think that could be causing it. Hoping this is short-lived!

Check in time!

Not a whole lot to report. My weight is down to 210 finally. I was in a stall for quite a while where I kept going from 213-215 no matter what I did. Let's hope I've broken through it now!

My hair is still coming out in bunches and I am hoping there is an end in sight because it is getting quite thin. I don't think anyone but me can tell, but still. I guess I should consider myself lucky that I started off with a very thick head of hair!

I am coming up on my 5 month surgiversary and am down 7 lbs for the month so far. As you can tell from my signature, the rate of weight loss has slowed quite a bit. But I will still take it! I am sitting at 80lbs down (105 lbs since my highest weight!!) and am 35 lbs from my goal weight. I've got this!

I am coming up on my 5 month surgiversary and am down 7 lbs for the month so far. As you can tell from my signature, the rate of weight loss has slowed quite a bit. But I will still take it! I am sitting at 80lbs down (105 lbs since my highest weight!!) and am 35 lbs from my goal weight. I've got this!

That's a great loss in only 5 months!!! You should be proud of yourself!!! You definitely GOT THIS!!! Congrats!