Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stalled since week 2!

As of today, I am 4 weeks out and I have not lost a pound since week 2! :-( I lost 31 pounds the first two weeks. I have called my nutritionist to see what she recommends and she didn't have much of anything to say! I am getting all of my Water and Protein in and walking almost every single day for more than 30 minutes. Has anyone ever had this happen or know what could be going on? I had heard of the dreaded 3rd week stall but never someone stalling for 2 whole weeks this early in the game.

Same exact boat. I have only lost 8 pounds..low BMI'er but still, I know that frustration. There are countless threads on this sister:) We can do this! Stall are meant to be broken. Just keep on keeping on, don't worry about it too much. Just remember this as a 12-18 month long journey. Right now our bodies are in repair mode and we can sweat it too much.

Hahaha..I just gave myself a pep talk too:) Thanks for posting!

Perfectly normal. Search 3 week stall. Also it may be best to step away from the scale for a few weeks. Your body is adjusting to a lot of changes at once. Until it figures out you are dying, it's not going to five up the fat. Stay the course and follow your program.

Stalls are a normal, natural, and necessary part of the process. Although most people experience their first stall about three weeks after surgery, some people stall earlier and some later than that.

Just follow your program.

Focus on getting in all of your Protein and fluids, take your Vitamins and supplements as directed, and stay off the scale of it drives you crazy.

Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

I am 4 weeks out. Lost 30lbs first 2 weeks. Haven't lost any more. Trying a food diary and just staying on course. I'm sure it'll pass. But frustrating and scary none the less to go through all this and fear it didn't work. My brain says that is impossible but my heart is scared to death. Stick with me. We'll get through this ;-)

You lost over 30 pounds in two weeks, Celebrate that! It is early on in the game and as long as you are following rules you will be ok. The first month going from clears to full liquids to mushies etc poses a lot of changes to your body so give it time to adjust. I stalled after week two for over a week as well and thought, oh well, getting the three week stall out of the way early. Nope, hit another big stall a few weeks later. But things got moving again.

I am now stuck at a previous set point and trying to just wait it out. I am doing what I need to be doing and have to trust that.

I am in the same boat, stuck on a sandbar and going no-where! I had VSG on December 28. I have been stuck for about 6 days now. It is very discouraging, considering I have been exercising every single day and following the liquid diet until this past Wednesday when I was changed to pureed soft foods. I lost about 25 pounds before surgery and only about 6 pounds since surgery. The past 6 days is exactly what always happens to me when I diet. I lose lose lose weight the first few weeks, then it just stops. If it doesn't begin working, then I guess it was a tool in my toolbox that I didn't need.

I am in the same boat, stuck on a sandbar and going no-where! I had VSG on December 28. I have been stuck for about 6 days now. It is very discouraging, considering I have been exercising every single day and following the liquid diet until this past Wednesday when I was changed to pureed soft foods. I lost about 25 pounds before surgery and only about 6 pounds since surgery. The past 6 days is exactly what always happens to me when I diet. I lose lose lose weight the first few weeks, then it just stops. If it doesn't begin working, then I guess it was a tool in my toolbox that I didn't need.

This is exactly the mindset we have to learn to change. Rather than seeing a stall as a barrier we have to learn to see it as a natural and necessary part of the process.

I believe a major reason that traditional dieting didn't work for most of us is because when we would reach a stall we would give up.

Consider treating it as a good thing and look at all the progress you are making.

I'll say it again: Embrace the Stall!

http://BariatricPal.com/index.php?/topic/351046-Embrace-the-Stall

@@TnT123, you have lost 31 lbs. in four weeks. That's a LOT! Think about it. Your body needs to catch up. Relax. Keep doing what you're doing.