Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Best way I have found to make coffee

So I have had to experiment with my coffee...bye bye cream and sugar, hello vanilla Protein Shake.< /p>

But making a pot of coffee and adding Protein shake waters it down. I have found that adding a Starbucks Via packet to a protein shake is much better! Better coffee flavor, not watered down and if I add a bit of boiling Water it's nice and warm too ????☕️

I was told not to use the instant coffee packets because they contain caffeine. So now I put chocolate Protein shake and sugar free peppermint mocha Creamer in my coffee. I usually have to put it in the microwave to heat it up so it's hot.

I am not giving up caffeine.

But I might try your recipe too! Sounds good

I'll never give up my real coffe.

I've been using Chike mocha in my vanilla shakes and it tastes great.

For my real coffee I just add 2% Fairlife milk.

I've yet to find and Protein powder or mix that would not clump badly in hot coffee.< /p>

Here's my easy coffee recipe: leave work and drive to starbucks, order a grande americano (it's espresso with added hot water), pay with app, sit and drink and let go of my daily worries for 20 minutes.

Here's my easy coffee recipe: leave work and drive to starbucks, order a grande americano (it's espresso with added hot water), pay with app, sit and drink and let go of my daily worries for 20 minutes.

Lol love it!

I can not drink black coffee but I was successful at only fat free cream a few days ago!

I'll never give up my real coffe.

I've been using Chike mocha in my vanilla shakes and it tastes great.

For my real coffee I just add 2% Fairlife milk.

I've yet to find a Protein powder that won't clump badly in hot coffee.< /p>

I believe they all clump due to the whey curdling when hot,I found that if I dissolve the Protein Powder in some milk/creamer ( whatever my mood is) and then pour in the coffee, it's fairs a whole lot better

I imagine the main reason is because it is a diuretic. But if you have no trouble getting in your Water, I doubt it is much of an issue. My doctor is fine with it.

Highly acidic coffee may also be bad for sleeve patients due to increasing acid reflux risk.

coffee can also increase hunger for some, but for me it is an appetite suppressant.

I don't understand why caffeine is not allowed.

Also, right after surgery it can be frowned upon because caffeine is a vasoconstrictor (constricts blood vessels) and it's thought might slow healing from surgery.

I use Premier Ready to Drink chocolate shake in my coffee. It does not lump up at all.

coffee is a diuretic and contains acid. I am fine with my Columbian Decaf. Occasionally I have real coffee but I don't make it a habit.

This thread is awesome !!!!!

Thankful the tips.

I don't understand why caffeine is not allowed.

Caffeine is absorbed into the body with the same receptors as Vitamin D. If you are drinking coffee and taking a Vitamin D supplement, you will not absorb the Vitamin if the caffeine is present.

My surgeon allowed caffeinated coffee after 1 month post-op. I usually have about 2 cups per day. I either make it at home or work and add a couple tablespoons of 2% Fairlife milk and some sugar-free Torani Syrup, or if I'm out I get it at Wawa (a convenience store here in PA) and add some vanilla soy milk and a Splenda packet. I just had my 6-month appointment this morning, and all my labs came back great, so it doesn't seem to be doing me any harm!

Mine is similar, but requires a little more work.

Take out a Keurig adapter.

Fill with my own ground coffee I buy from a warehouse club ($16 for 40 oz for Starbucks, or less for other brands).

Brew it into my own coffee mug.

Add a little milk and artificial sweetener.

Take $2 out of my wallet.

Wave it in the direction of Starbucks Headquarters in Seattle, Washington and taunt them.

Put the $2 back in my wallet.

Drink the coffee while relaxing and realizing how much better that coffee tastes when sitting on 2 comfortable $1 bills.

:)

Edited by 4MRB4PHOTO