Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP! Surgery in a week, and I'm getting a COLD!

ALERT!! PANIC! I am freaking out y'all!! I am starting to get a COLD and my surgery is next Wednesday! As in, 9 days away! Stupid Florida decides to have a cold snap right before hand, and I always get sick when it goes from warm to cold overnight ????

I just bought Vitamin C chewables (1000mg) and started that and copious amounts of Water right away. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to kill a cold in its tracks, or at least shorten it's time span considerably? I am terrified they will reschedule me if I'm sick. I can't reschedule because my job has already hired someone to cover my two weeks, and she's ONLY available those two weeks! (My job is unique and this girl has done it before).

I am serious I will do anything. If you tell me to stand naked in a bucket of frogs eyes under the full moon I will do it!!! Anything that can help, I would be super appreciative to hear about.

there are a ton of home remedies but none of them actually work as a cold is a virus. Best to load up on the Vitamin C, curl up with a warm blanket and some hot tea and chicken Soup.

you could also call your surgeon and mention it to them just to see what they will say

there are a ton of home remedies but none of them actually work as a cold is a virus. Best to load up on the Vitamin C, curl up with a warm blanket and some hot tea and chicken Soup.< /p>

you could also call your surgeon and mention it to them just to see what they will say

Sigh I know ???? but I'm specifically wondering if there's anything that can help shorten the cold's life. I can't take any time off of work leading up to my surgery so unfortunately lots of rest isn't really an option, unless it's after work. Fingers crossed I'm just having an off day. I'll speak with my surgeon's office tomorrow.

Osccilium ,chewable zinc....rub yourself in Vicks before bed and sweat it out... ...lots of liquids.....reschedule surgery...

sleep as much as humanly possible! Everything previous suggested, staying hydrated, cook your food with cumin and curry (known to increase your immune response) and sleep, sleep, sleep and you'll be okay. :)

Rest, hydration, and Vitamin C. Outside of that make sure to keep your surgeon updated on your temperature.

Zync products like coldeez work best.

Not trying to make fun but I do like the idea of standing naked in a bucket of frogs! LOL!

It is cold now here in Wisconsin. Was 28 for the high yesterday and I hate getting up and out of my nice warm bed. In about 4 months my husband and I are moving to the Nevada desert and I cannot wait.vwe always wanted to retire out that way. No more frigid cold winters and I could care less if I ever see snow again! I will watch it on tv! LOL!

Good luck with your surgery next week. I hope all goes well and you are on the road to recovery soon. Get ready for a whole new life!

Take extra Vitamin C. Also Vitamin D may increase the ability of your immune system to ward off infections.

Echinacea shortens the duration and reduces symptoms of the flu.

Elderberry has a long history of use for the treatment of upper respiratory infections.

Goldenseal supports normal immune system functions, kills bacteria, and prevents flu virus growth.

If you want to try essential oils, you might try a blend such as Raven, Thieves, Melrose, Australian Blu, Purification, ImmuPower, Sacred Mountain, R.C., Exodus II. Generally on these essential oil blends, you apply a dab on your wrist and rub your wrist together. The oils are absorbed through your skin into your blood stream within about 8 minutes and you begin to feel the medicinal properties begin to take hold. You can do this several times per day. Some of the blends contain oils that are photosensitizing (they can change your skin color when exposed to UV radiation). Apply those to the soles of your feet. And follow any safety precautions listed. I have not tried any of these. I make my own blend and my blends seems very effective. You can probably find some of these blends at health food stores.

Same thing happened to me, a week out. My MD and the PA said "No worries" it will be better and even if still sniffling, the surgery could proceed -- the day of surgery it was gone!

Thank you so much to every one that has commented, I really appreciate it. I'm going to try all the advice!!

@@yerawizardamy - call the doctors office and see what the recommend. there are a lot of products sold OTC that I hear are good. I also live in Florida and I know it has been a weird week with the temperatures going up and down....